Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

67 Camaro Side Mirrors

I'm thinking about installing these on my 67 Camaro, they will be painted body color. Anyone have an thoughts, good or bad? Anyone have a pic of them installed on their car ?

Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      I wouldn't use them. First reason is that they look like the old JC Whitney mirrors that were a copy of the GM and Ford sport mirrors of the 70's.

Second reason is that they physically won't work. Because of the vent window on the 67, the mirror is mounted much further back than say a 68 or 69 Camaro. Because of this, the mirror needs to be thin front/rear as far as the mirror body goes, and the kickback of the pedestal. If you use this mirror on the 67, it will have to be so far back to clear the vent window, it will be unusable by the driver.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I like 68 mirrors on a 67... if you need a set of 67's i got you covered..
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

I like the 67 bow tie mirrors. I have them on my 68. I agree the mirrors you're considering look cheesey.

Thank you guys for the replys. I'm trying to find a mirror that I can paint. If possible I'm trying to stay away from chrome. I've seen a few cars on this site with body colored mirrors and they look sharp.

If you want something that looks like those try the mid 80's I think Le Sabre electric mirrors.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Hollywood mirrors, available through Speedway, had them on my 67 worked great and are paintable.

Name:  studio5photogrpahy-2 copy.jpg
Views: 5162
Size:  373.1 KB
      Bret Ervin

I installed the bullet mirrors on my 67. I personally really like them. Got rid of all the chrome and they fit my car nice.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Or you can bead blast/prime/paint the chrome mirrors.

I had those mirrors you are looking at and then moved to the Hollywood mirrors from speedway and have never looked back (except in the new mirrors haha)

Here are a few bad pictures for reference
      Before
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3707
Size:  342.1 KB
Views: 4781
Size:  299.7 KB

Hollywood mirrors
Views: 3530
Size:  227.3 KB
Views: 4275
Size:  258.4 KB

Can you send me a link to those mirrors? I need the metal piece. Mine is stripped out and for the life of me I cant find them.

How much modification did it take to install the Hollywood mirrors? I really like the look but don't want to buy them and get myself committed to a lot of modification to my '68 Camaro.

I appreciate it everyone

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by stevenhopper View Post
      How much modification did it take to install the Hollywood mirrors? I really like the look but don't want to buy them and get myself committed to a lot of modification to my '68 Camaro.

I appreciate it everyone
      I have these .. NO modification, the holes line up exactly with the stock mirrors
      These look perfect on the 1st gens, and at like $65 I'm surprised I don't see a lot more. They also come with 3 sets of different angle shims

Cheers
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Can anyone who has these mirrors take close ups?

After all this time and still no one has put up a link to these mirrors...

Quote Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
      After all this time and still no one has put up a link to these mirrors...
      I got straight onto speedway and ordered a set after reading this thread, they're a neat product.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hollyw...rors,2263.html

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
      I'm thinking about installing these on my 67 Camaro, they will be painted body color. Anyone have an thoughts, good or bad? Anyone have a pic of them installed on their car ?
      Pep Boys sells mirrors like this. I had a friend who had them and they were OK. One was damaged so he got another pair, they looked the same, but the bases were much much thinner and the pin that goes into them was slightly larger. When installing the mirrors, the bases cracked through the pin holes on each side. We filed down the pin shank and installed the mirrors on the old bases. I'd inspect the bases very carefully and if they look thin, send them back or they will fail.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

LDB and Others,
      We will be releasing our mirrors in raw form soon for those
      of you that want to paint the mirrors.You would get a set of mirrors that
      you can paint ,powder coat or whatever coating you want then assemble and install on your car.
      Our mirrors come with all the hardware to install them.
      Also our mirrors Eliminate the Passenger Side Blindspot, you can tighten the ball & socket if ever needed
      and a 3 yr warranty! Look on this forum for reviews of our mirrors and 3 point seat belts.
      Thx, Morris Classic Concepts.
      Last edited by morrisclassic; 04-21-2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: text

If you were to do the bullet type, stick with the OEM GM stuff. They are much more expensive, but worth it in the end. I originally bought the Vision mirrors, but they are just way out of proportion and visibility is not up to par. Those Hollywood mirrors looked nice, just not my taste personally. If you have fabrication skills, sky's the limit. I put '71 Challenger mirrors on my '68 Camaro. Good luck

Looking at the Hollywood mirrors it says the base is 3-3/4" long. Does that _really_ match the OEM style chrome mirrors? I'm thinking of refurbishing a set of GM bullet mirrors, just trying to find a DS that has a 100% working remote. I'm pretty sure you can buy new mirrors, toggle handles, and bezels... but I don't think the cable assembly is available. Surprised somebody hasn't started a small business building new cable assemblies with all the GM cars that are restored with these mirrors.

Are there any other alternatives for new bullet style mirrors. That link above for Morris... seems all they have is chrome stuff.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com