Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

67 Chevelle - 6.0/4L60E

New here, Not really classifying my project as "Pro Touring" but am building it myself to look good and hopefully drive decent. I will post a few pics to get everyone up to date.

Built the engine about a year ago - 6.0, ported heads, LS6 cam, LS2 intake - Hoping for 400hp & 20+mpg. Life gets in the way, yada,yada - Anyways I had a day off finally so I dropped the engine/trans in. 1" setback mounts, Shorty headers, Smaller PS pulley. Everything seems to clear so far. I need to modify the trans mount a little by dropping the tab for the trans down a bit. Still looking for a Grand Cherokee steering box.

OK, I hopefully got the motor in for the last time - I used a 302-2 pan and I am telling you, The factory couldn't have designed it better - Fits perfect. Excellent ground clearance, Tie rods clear and I was able to get it in the car over the x-member with the trans on it. I am using 1" setback mounts and it has just enough room for the trans dipstick with a slight bend to get it closer to the head. I could not be happier with that Holley pan, Great job on the design. Here are a few pics. The tie rod pics are at full lock.

I installed my MagnaFlow 2.5" stainless exhaust with X pipe & polished mufflers. Fit great and I dumped the tips right behind the tires so I was able to use one of the other tail pipe options for the down pipes to connect to my shorty headers.

Me & my son installed the dash in my car - Needed to get it in for the wiring - Car was completely stripped it's a puzzle getting it back together. I made a lexan insert for the cluster in the oven over a mold so it had a flat area for the gauges.

Made a bracket for my fuse block & relays - PCM is behind that mounted under the fender - Finished putting loom on my harness - Glad that is over and hopefully everything works - Fingers crossed.

The damn thing runs! :thumbsup: After what seemed like a mile & a half of wiring modifying a truck harness it fired right up - The first video is the first time it ran with new heads, cam, intake & harness - I was stoked. :D The smoke is coolant burning off the header from a plug I missed in the head.

Second video is the sound with the 2.5" Magnaflows with X pipe - Very happy with the sound. I am using a PCM programmed for a 5.3 with different injectors and will eventually get the right tune but it friggin runs.

67 1st Start - YouTube

67 Magnaflow - YouTube

Finally rolled the 67 out of the garage with the drive train in it to see how it's sitting. 6.0 / 4L60E - Small block springs with 2" spindles. Rear I am not sure - Were in the car when I got it. Tires are 235/45/17 & 275/40/17

I've had the car 5 years so this was a pretty big deal for me.

I'm pretty happy where it's at - The top of the door (where your arm sits) is 37" Complete interior still needs to be installed along with the windshield so it will probably come down a bit yet.

Just thought i'd share. Opinions welcome.

LS2 covers. I have since made a cover for the battery to clean it up a little.

Before:

After:

Now on to the cooling. I changed the t-stat housing around and the dump in the radiator so now I am moving onto the electric fans - Used what I had on hand - Old road sign, Actually worked very well. Did the cutting & bending on my break at work & finished it up at home. Don't mind the PVC pipe - I will detail it out & paint later.

Worked out well, just wanted to share.

Congratulations that a big milestone, getting it running. It sounds good too. Nice job on the fan shroud it came out great. Nice looking ride Al.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Al, what power steering pulley did you use? Is it OEM # or a Dorman part? Nice car by the way.

Thanks for the props. Hopefully by spring it will be on the road. Need to install the complete interior from carpet to headliner, install all of the glass, bleed the brakes and put on the trim/bumpers.

Dorman 300-201 PS pulley.

Awesome build, I am going to be starting on my Dads 67 Convertible on the next few months. He has had it since he was 17. It was the car that got me into cars. Love 67's.
      Joshua O

Thanks. Cool that you still have it. Got any pictures?

Ok, been a while. Life got in the way but I fInally got something done to report.i put the complete interior in from carpet to headliner. Need to finish up the steering wheel and dome light yet. First time I’ve sat in it since I got it 10 years ago. ��. Name:  13F4F1E9-77D8-498E-AA21-46740AE11F7B.jpeg
Views: 2773
Size:  86.7 KBName:  4776F9C8-8706-437B-8113-71AA9469BB1A.jpeg
Views: 2758
Size:  104.3 KB
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Then I moved onto the rear end. I had purchased a 3:36 10 bolt posi a few years ago and the original plan was to swap the original drums to the new 10 bolt. Well turns out it was a BOP 10 bolt and it had press on bearings. Anyway, figured I’d just upgrade to disc. Bought a speedway motors weld on kit. Went great after they sent me all of the correct parts.

Tubular lower, adjustable upper, frame mount ties, Lakewood traction bars(came with the car) rear sway bar, sensatrac shocks. Name:  1BB289CA-BAC8-494C-A689-AD922BF48F1B.jpeg
Views: 2832
Size:  95.6 KBName:  8BA74D19-D004-4359-A816-B72F49F61A3B.jpeg
Views: 2792
Size:  97.6 KB
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Then moved onto the front trim. Not perfect but original to the car. To my surprise when I plugged in the headlights both the hi and lows worked. Every time I work on this damn thing it’s like it’s fighting me. I am running Ausleys halo glass lens headlights. I am waiting for a proportioning valve then I can bleed the brakes and see how many leaks I have. Also need to find my hood trim. Not sure if it came with the car. I really don’t want to put new on it, it will stick out like a sore thumb.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

At least you got back in here posting again-I enjoy every ones craftiness like your fan mount and to take on wiring is not for the faint,
      and it fired right up-that's the high's of all this!

Still working on it. My kids robotics season is in full swing. After that, look out.

Well, due to the virus everything has been canceled including robotics. So I’ve been picking away at my 67. Ran into a few issues, no tail or brake lights. Loose connection at the ribbon cable under the dash and at the brake light switch. Then no turn or 4-ways. Flasher was missing out of the fuse block. New one got the flashers going. No turn ended up being a bad flasher in the harness under the dash.

All working now.

Now onto the dome light. Lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com