Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome car. Pic looks great with the graffiti

Thank you.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Hey Al, if you haven't already ordered a cruise control setup, you could easily get control box from a pullapart and use it. I'd recommend a silverado/tahoe/yukon of same year or S10/Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. Either of those will slip right in to your throttle blade, you would need the bracket from a silverado/tahoe/yukon for the cable. The s-series setup cable might be a shorter than the full size version, would have to mount the box on the firewall or somehow hide it behind the intake / trans tunnel. Just needs 12v, VSS, and buttons for the set/decel and accel signals. When I did an LS swap in a blazer the cruise control worked like factory, GM didn't change the VSS signal on the models, 40ppm.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Nice upgrade on the drive shaft, how's it perform? Ride smooth? The cars looking good!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Ok. Been a while again. I received the CV driveshaft and it works great. I managed to put on 4,800 miles this summer. Took it on a 500 mile trip and averaged 22.8 mpg. Zero issues but have a few upgrades I'm doing this winter. I'm adding cruise control and I ordered Classic Auto Air A/C. Adding dash speaker. I put ridetech adjustable shocks on the front. My "rebuilt" steering box was leaking so I replaced it with a OEM grand Cherokee box.

Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to get the thread up to speed.Attachment 195216
      Thanks. I finally got a quote from the Driveshaft Shop and got the CV driveshaft ordered. Get this, he told me 8 weeks. WTF? Hire some people or something. 8 weeks is just not acceptable but I have no other options. I asked if I could just buy the peices to build it myself. Of course I could not. I'm hoping its quicker as its getting cold here in Michigan. I'll post when I receive it.
      Glad you guys had good luck with them. We didn't. Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Unfortunately they are the only game in town if you want a CV driveshaft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Hey Al, if you haven't already ordered a cruise control setup, you could easily get control box from a pullapart and use it. I'd recommend a silverado/tahoe/yukon of same year or S10/Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. Either of those will slip right in to your throttle blade, you would need the bracket from a silverado/tahoe/yukon for the cable. The s-series setup cable might be a shorter than the full size version, would have to mount the box on the firewall or somehow hide it behind the intake / trans tunnel. Just needs 12v, VSS, and buttons for the set/decel and accel signals. When I did an LS swap in a blazer the cruise control worked like factory, GM didn't change the VSS signal on the models, 40ppm.

Is that for a cable TB or DBW?
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Nice upgrade on the drive shaft, how's it perform? Ride smooth? The cars looking good!
      Works great. Put 4,800 miles on it this summer. I did put ridetech adjustable shocks on the front recently but with snow on the ground I will not test till spring. I also replaced my trimmed rear springs with correct dropped coils.

I rode fine, handled great but I can never leave anything alone.

Is that for a cable TB or DBW?
      The cruise control module from an S10 or Silverado is for drive by cable. I can find the schematics I used on the blazer one if you want. This is a pic of my 2000 ls blazer swap before I finished smoothing the truck intake and getting A/C connected. You can see the cruise control cable snaps right on to the throttle blade.

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Looks good.

Country Flag: New Zealand
      In know this thead is old but I like it. lol
      What brand are those shorty headers you are using? they look to fit very well.

Great build! I love your ride there! Always love them old Chevelles!! I love that bench seat!! I want one for my build!!

E bay specials. One very small ding for the steering shaft. If I ever take it apart I'm going to weld the studs in the collector. They have v band ones now. That would be better.

It great to really put some miles on something you worked so hard on building. Awesome build! Also my favorite year Chevelle!

Thanks. I'm in Michigan and planning a color tour to Tennessee the end of October. Getting a few things buttoned up before then. We are looking forward to it

Got back from the color tour. From Michigan to West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc. I did the tail of the dragon with my car and it was awesome. 318 curves in 11 miles. Average mpg was 20.7 lots of hours @ 75mph on the way down & back but much slower once we got down south. 1,728 miles total. Loved every minute. Heres a. Couple pictures on the Dragon.

Name:  67-Tail-4.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  405.2 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  67-Tail-5.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  498.5 KB

That is so cool. I wanna do one so bad. Car looks awesome

Very nice cruise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com