Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      It worked... That was easy! I'm really not that ignorant, just never knew.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Steve,
      Are you talking about like the "T" handle Hurst makes for the Line-Loc? I've got one of those....!
      I do have a Hurst "T" handle that is equipped with a line lock button but I did not like it with the T56 shifter, so I'm using a ball knob which is also equipped with a line lock button. The line lock button works great for the reverse lockout solenoid.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I do have a Hurst "T" handle that is equipped with a line lock button but I did not like it with the T56 shifter, so I'm using a ball knob which is also equipped with a line lock button. The line lock button works great for the reverse lockout solenoid.
      Does Hurst make it or someone else? Is your shifter stock or do you have a aftermarket? Do you know if there's much difference between the two? I'm guessing the one I've got is stock, it seems to get the job done to me.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Carl,

Hurst makes a T handle with a switch built in. It will bolt right up to the 16mm threads on the stock shifter handle. It also comes with various thread adapters to work with other shifter handles.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Does Hurst make it or someone else? Is your shifter stock or do you have a aftermarket? Do you know if there's much difference between the two? I'm guessing the one I've got is stock, it seems to get the job done to me.
      Carl,
      Keep in mind I have a T56 Magnum which is equipped with a 6 bolt mounted Tremec shifter. This shifter has a stub shift lever with two bolt holes which will accept any stock Hurst bolt pattern style shift lever. As for shift knobs, there are any number of aftermarket companies that specialize in just knobs. This is the knob I currently have.

http://www.speeddawg.com/pro-white-b...ck-nos-button/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Steve,
      does the switch button ever get in the way? (seems like during shifting there could be a possibility to engage the switch while shifting.) Just thinking outlaid..

Carl Wilson

I have never even come close to accidentally pressing the button. It's just not an issue.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Steve,
      does the switch button ever get in the way? (seems like during shifting there could be a possibility to engage the switch while shifting.) Just thinking outlaid..
      I somehow don't think "outlaid" was really what I had in mind. Thanks for the replies guys.

Carl

Carl Wilson

It's going on a month since the change, and although I don't drive the Camaro a lot, everything is working great! Just a heads up as to how everything was running.

Carl

Carl Wilson

Wow, just read through this thread again. It's been over 4 years! Doesn't seem like it. I must admit, I still like this change and I'm happy with the way things are working. Just another check in to let people know how things are going.

Carl Wilson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com