Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CarlC
      Another good option is what David Pozzi did for Mary's car, a GMPP 383/425 crate motor. The engine should come in under $5k, add in a new intake and carb, and you are done. Plus, it's brand new, comes with a warranty, and runs quite well. It will even accept a Magnuson Products supercharger with no needed modifications.

This is actually starting to look like the way I may go. Solid platform to start from, and really easy to upgrade as time goes on.

Have you seen the ZZ383-500 that Sallee Chevrolet in Oregon is marketing. Zoiks, looks nice.

True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Try this get a 400 block bore .030/6" rods/all forge/AFR heads your choice for application/Doug Herbert solid street roller/victor jr./1 3/4 header/ all roller(solid).
      You can get 450-550hp on pump gas with that combo with the right heads and cam easy without wrecking the budget.
      You just might sleep in the car.

I'm down with the big inch motor. Less headaches, and still sounds great. It is still going to run into $ though, don't fool yourself. I have a buddy who's a machinist for world, and I still spent 8K, getting deals on everything, breaks on machine work, and a free block. I shopped everything, and having been in the business have many contacts as well. Well worth it in the end though.

Peter Bergman
      71 Dart GT, Stroker SB, Built For The Turns!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com