Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68-72 A Body 4L80 Crossmember

What are you guys/gals using? I'm looking for something with good clearance that is easy to take in and out. Ive read that some of the ones available have serious fitment issues.

Thank you
      "Keep Shifting Gears"

Quote Originally Posted by TheParker View Post
      What are you guys/gals using? I'm looking for something with good clearance that is easy to take in and out. Ive read that some of the ones available have serious fitment issues.

Thank you
      I used the stock one, all I had to do was slide it back for it to fit. I used one of the existing mounting holes & drilled a new one on each side. It was the simple and easiest way to eliminate all the issues I had been hearing about some of the aftermarket ones.

I also moved the stock one back and drilled new holes. Any aftermarket one could be adjusted as well and I would anticipate it to fit without major modifications.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

Did either of you have issues taking it in and out after modifying it? Im most concerned with how you have to slide it diagonally when removing.
      "Keep Shifting Gears"

Quote Originally Posted by TheParker View Post
      Did either of you have issues taking it in and out after modifying it? Im most concerned with how you have to slide it diagonally when removing.
      There is a section or plate on the frame close to where it mounts on both sides. I'm assuming your looking at this and wondering how it's going to work. I clearaced these sections so they are open. My car does have a roll cage, structural rigidity was not compromised. If you don't want to cut and weld in new ones. Mount the cross member below the frame, it's flat and probably won't hang much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cooke View Post
      There is a section or plate on the frame close to where it mounts on both sides. I'm assuming your looking at this and wondering how it's going to work. I clearaced these sections so they are open. My car does have a roll cage, structural rigidity was not compromised. If you don't want to cut and weld in new ones. Mount the cross member below the frame, it's flat and probably won't hang much lower.
      Ill box the frame in other places and move it on back. Thanks for all the input.
      "Keep Shifting Gears"