Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Country Flag: Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
    ............ Mr Gasket inline shifter for the 4 speeds.............
    Ah yes. Good times. The one I had was a blast to drive, although down shifting was a bit of a pain because of where the down shift trigger was positioned, but neutral was available from any gear. Now if someone could adapt a V-gate to a T56......
    Sorry, off topic.

Ken
    If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
    My other car is a Vega.

Country Flag: United States
    I love the idea of the sequential shifter in the right application, like the track, and it would be fun for a while but I think it would get old in a hurry (Andrews point). I have an automatic trans with a synchro option on my daily driver now and never use the manual feature. Also, I just can't justify the 2k price tag (what I paid for my T56) for a car that won't spend much time on the track.

I understand the concern of downshifting through each gear but hey I do that now every time time I ride the Harley (or any motorcycle for that matter). From the videos I have watched, this shifter would not be any harder on the syncros than any H pattern shifter. The Bremer shifter also has the ability to be remotely activated giving you a lot of flexibility in shifter placement. The biggest con I see is the price of $2400.

Steve Hayes
    "Dust Off"
    68 Camaro

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
    "Jeremy Clarkson"

*BUMP*

Looking at one of these as well. As for the having to shift through every gear argument - that needs to be done with a dog box anyways. You canít skip gears or youíll be met with a thunderous slam as the speed differential is too great between them. You must go through each gear.

I went with an H pattern dog box because I do lots of 6-3 downshifts on the highway when passing, but I later found out this is not possible without those synchros, so now Iím looking to make my shifts sequential - and for 1,500, this seems like a good deal to me - if itís any good.

I was pretty intrigued by the bremer
    https://youtu.be/4jeiPbsi0lI

The bremer isn’t in production and their Facebook page lists a bunch of double-speak of why. Quite honestly, it looked far too small to be able to handle the abuse of anything beyond daily driving and probably proved so. The S1 on the other hand is a much larger piece, but I still don’t see any real world tests of its robustness.

I think a sequential shifter would be a huge PIA on the street.

1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Try getting stuck between gears in a dog box while rolling and needing to accelerate again. It’s way worse than any scenario you can think of with a sequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
    Try getting stuck between gears in a dog box while rolling and needing to accelerate again. Itís way worse than any scenario you can think of with a sequential.
    My Cougar has a dog box T56 and I drive it almost every day. Never had any issues getting stuck like that.
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

What gear do you put it in when you’re in that scenario? Only trick I have is to put it in 5th since it’s still synchronized, then bring it down to which ever gear I need.

I can't say anything from personal experience, but I have seen a couple of cars tracking with the S1 unit and they seem to love it. One specifically can be seen in a full carbon bodied 240 with a 5.3 swap. You can see it on his Instagram account @shawnb26.
    '95 F-150 track ready street beast
    Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

What gear do you put it in when youíre in that scenario? Only trick I have is to put it in 5th since itís still synchronized, then bring it down to which ever gear I need.
    Which scenario are you asking about? I have some videos of me driving on my YouTube channel.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build

Seems to me, for $1500...Iíll just get a automatic if you I felt I needed this.
    1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Which scenario are you asking about? I have some videos of me driving on my YouTube channel.

Andrew
    Putting the trans in neutral while rolling - like coming up to a red light - but then it changes green and now you need to accelerate again - but you’re not in a gear. For me, if I try putting it in anything besides 5th, I get a massive slam due to the large difference in speed of the gears.

Putting the trans in neutral while rolling - like coming up to a red light - but then it changes green and now you need to accelerate again - but youíre not in a gear. For me, if I try putting it in anything besides 5th, I get a massive slam due to the large difference in speed of the gears.
    For this reason I try not to coast up to a light. I just keep it in gear as I slow down and put the clutch in at the last minute. I too will get a loud clunk in the scenario that you describe. It's just doesn't happen to me very often, perhaps just due to different driving styles.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build

And that’s exactly the point I was getting at - with a dog box you’re forced to be in gear at all times anyways, so there’s really no downside to having a sequential vs an H pattern.

And thatís exactly the point I was getting at - with a dog box youíre forced to be in gear at all times anyways, so thereís really no downside to having a sequential vs an H pattern.
    I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. I know for me, and how I drive, I would be annoyed having to go through every gear when driving on the street. Which is not to say it wouldn't be a blast on the track.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build

Do you not downshift when slowing down?

Do you not downshift when slowing down?
    Nope. That's what brakes are for.
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build

Question: does this sequential package come with a controller? Or is rev-matching, etc. a manual effort?
    John Parsons

II Much Fabrication's Blog -- New products, Fabrication sequences, etc.

II Much Fabrication's Current Build -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast