Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

'Streamline' 1968 camaro project

G'day fellas,
      I've been snooping around the site for a couple of months and finally decided to show you my project.
      I moved from Australia late last year to live in Charlotte NC, jumped on a 68 camaro shell quite soon after and am having it built at Quarter Mile Muscle in mooresville.
      The shell had been blasted and showed bad cases of rust, and since I always want to have the option of one day taking it back to australia, the option of buying a dynacorn shell were not an option for the strict import laws for classic cars.
      so right now the car is going through full fabrication to make it as good as new.
      Aiming at a full pro-touring car estimated to be on the road early to mid 2016 and although the car is having a lot of work done at the workshop, I am still heavily involved supplying all parts and working on certain projects of my own.
      The plan for the car is to end up silver, no chrome whatsoever, stinger hood, a lot of custom details in the bodywork, modern interior and of course, an LS engine. More of my ideas will be revealed as they're executed on the car, so sit tight..

JULY 2017, PHOTOBUCKET DECIDED TO CHANGE THEIR TERMS, RUINING ALL PICTURES IN MY THREAD, I HAVE UPDATED IT AS BEST I COULD, BUT THERE ARE NO LONGER AS MANY PICTURES, AND SOMETIMES THE TIMELINE IS NOT PERFECT. FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS OR MORE INFORMATION OF CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE BUILD, JUST ASK.

These above pics were taken back in may when it was stripped down

Slowly replacing all major steel, as you can see, DSE tubs are going in soon.

I've also been ordering a lot of major parts during this time, including a set of Boze wheels

18x8s up front as we'll be running the standard subframe(for now) all with aftermarket suspension of course, however the rears are 19x12s, Backspacing of 4.75", and fully brushed

225s wrapping them for now, these should clear the 2013 ss brembos going behind them.
      So for now and the next few weeks, the car will continue in fabrication, hopefully we can begin some of the custom work, meanwhile I'm working on a new grille.
      Always happy to discuss the build with anyone, whether its positive or negative I want to hear it, this is my first american build so be gentle,
      If anyone is in NC I'd love to meet you, talk cars and have a beer.
      Last edited by slimjim; 07-01-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: stupid photobucket

Welcome from Hildebran.

Don't get to the big city much....

There will be several locals at the Goodguys Charlotte event. It is a really fun event.
      Look for me in the autocross pits. Blue Nova with a white top.

Cool setup! Local too
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

What model of Boze wheels are those? They are gorgeous! Looks like the car is coming along nicely.

Clint

Quote Originally Posted by 2ABodies1FBody View Post
      What model of Boze wheels are those? They are gorgeous! Looks like the car is coming along nicely.

Clint
      They're Boze Pro touring, brushed centers AND hoops, to keep with the 'No chrome or polished' look i want for the car.
      They're also surprisingly light weight for such big wheels.

A bit more progress on the car, panels are all being aligned and starting some work on the firewall, went with the DSE firewall panel for the passenger side but we'll do our own thing on the driver side.

Last edited by slimjim; 07-01-2017 at 12:06 PM. Reason: sh#$#ty photobucket

front end is coming along, time to start cutting into the stinger hood!

Soooo, I've had a drastic plan change... I'll be getting a full subframe now, going to go for a full package, including 4 link or torque arm setup with rear end included... now to decide which brand/ which frame suits my needs...

Well just like that, a track time speed tech suspension package is ordered...

also, just putting the finishing touches on my grille, inspired by roadstershop.

Where did you get the mesh material you used for your grill? Looks sweet.

Clint

Quote Originally Posted by 2ABodies1FBody View Post
      Where did you get the mesh material you used for your grill? Looks sweet.

Clint
      Its actually off of eBay, theres a huge mesh supplier. Roadstershop managed to make theirs out of aluminium which would be ideal but I made this more than strong enough

a couple more small updates, panels are aligning without too much difficulty.

tubs are in

dummied up my grille

and some nice big boxes can only mean nice big presents

October update

The car is towards the final stages of fabrication now and we're looking to start fitting some of the major parts, both tubs are installed, just waiting on a few things and then we can test fit the rear end and ensure the wheels fit without too much hassle, also waiting on the subframe to return from powder coating before we fit it along with the brakes and wheels up front. anyways, here's pictures:-

and after a lot of research and part sourcing, I believe I've found a way to fit these brakes.. up front anyways
      Last edited by slimjim; 07-01-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: I hate photobucket

Great progress, its coming together nice. I like the grill and the way you have the SS off center. Very Nice.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Looks great!!! Thanks for choosing Boze Pro Touring wheels. I'm looking forward to seeing more images of your build!

Quote Originally Posted by Bozeforged View Post
      Looks great!!! Thanks for choosing Boze Pro Touring wheels. I'm looking forward to seeing more images of your build!
      Thankyou, I'll actually be giving you another call down the track, decided I'll get wider front wheels. No rush for them but a shame I changed my mind on the subframe after buying wheels

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Thankyou, I'll actually be giving you another call down the track, decided I'll get wider front wheels. No rush for them but a shame I changed my mind on the subframe after buying wheels
      No problem! Feel free to call me with any questions.
      Thanks

The grill is awesome and the SS emblem puts it over the top!!! Great job.

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by kirt70camaro View Post
      The grill is awesome and the SS emblem puts it over the top!!! Great job.
      +1!

Oh, and the wheels are awesome too. Looks like it's coming together really well.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Well I've been away in Egypt for a little while and have come back and decided I want to push things forward and get this car closer to paint.
      We got started on removing the drip rails and started some work on fitting the 2012 dash. The next couple weeks should allow for some serious progress.
      I waited several weeks(8) for my subframe to come back from powder coating and it has come back gloss black.. which is annoying when I scrolled through colours for hours and settled on a very nice charcoal silver.. I am currently deciding whether to live with it, or go through the hassle of sending it back, I had planned on assembling the front end suspension and brakes next week and get the wheels on but now I'm not sure what to do.

hey james.....nice build! FWIW powder makes great primer, just paint it the color you wanted.......way easier to do now. on the flip side not very many people will ever see it if you decide to just live with it.
      subscribed......
      '68 Camaro 'vert project

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com