Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      yeah 3 weeks stateside should have it more than ready for sealer, but no I still can't bring myself to shoot color, that will have to wait until the new year.

landed late last night after 30hrs flying. Was expecting 3 days of thunder storms that never came so I got some car-time in already.
      I went heavy on the guide coat, as did my face.
      next stop, 220 grit.

Beautiful car! What mirrors did you go with? They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by sginphx View Post
      Beautiful car! What mirrors did you go with? They look great!
      Thanks a lot. I believe they're Buick mirrors.

GIFs are working now also

3 weeks was not enough time to get the car to sealer. Mostly because I spent at least half of it boating, boozing, and everything else that makes summer so great. Only managed to get the top half of the car done in 220.

And if you noticed the wheels missing in the last few pics, that's because I sold them, new order with Boze is already placed.

Looking good. Reminds me of last summer for me...it's no fun doing body work outside in the South this time of year.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by DWC View Post
      Looking good. Reminds me of last summer for me...it's no fun doing body work outside in the South this time of year.

Daniel
      But I've gotten quite the tan

Well this will be only update prior to December when I get back to sanding, but I got an exciting email from Zak @ Boze this morning saying that my new wheels were ready for shipment.

I screwed up years ago, I bought my previous wheels too early in the build when my original plan was to run the standard subframe, and the 8" front wheels had been on my mind ever since picking up the Speedtech subframe. Some stand-up dude from Canada emailed me after learning SOMEWHERE that I had reservations with my current wheels and offered to buy them. I jumped at the opportunity since my car doesn't need to roll for a few months and I couldn't be happier.

I decided 19's on the rear may be a little over the top so decided to keep it 18" at all 4 corners.

Not only have I upgraded to 9.5" fronts (not previously available for the style of wheel) but I also got step lips which I prefer a whole lot more. I also felt like I had a bit more outer clearance up my sleeve so both front and rear wheels will sit 1/4" wider than previously.

Now I have a few months to decide on what tires they deserve, which is turning out to be a little more difficult than first thought, options are currently between BFG rival S for obvious autocross reasons, Falken Azenis for longer life, Nitto nt01's, unless I can pickup some toyo R888's. argh its frustrating

Have you checked out the cooper Zeon RS3-S? Great tire according to reviews and super affordable. Bought mine on amazon 2 day shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Have you checked out the cooper Zeon RS3-S? Great tire according to reviews and super affordable. Bought mine on amazon 2 day shipping.
      I hadn't looked at anything from Cooper until now but it turns out they don't have anything 315-335 for 18" wheels. The options are a little more limited than I was expecting.

Country Flag: New Zealand
      hi jim,did you have to roll wheel archs for clearance?

Country Flag: New Zealand
      **** didnt relise that you have changed out wheels

Sorry thought you were running an 18 front 19 rear. They have 325/30/19

Quote Originally Posted by Gmc427 View Post
      hi jim,did you have to roll wheel archs for clearance?
      The rears have a heap of lip cut out, I haven't touched the fronts but I'm expecting to roll them out a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Sorry thought you were running an 18 front 19 rear. They have 325/30/19

my bad, I forgot to mention I changed to 18's on the rear.

subscribing
      68 Camaro TT LSX 427 "Golem" / click the link
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ighlight=golem
      sponsored by
      www.FactoryFinishPDR.com

I'm finally back! and hoping to brave the cold garage as much as possible to catch up on this project. First things first though, trying on the new shoes.

I was concerned for months that downsizing to 18's on the rear could introduce a brake clearance issue.. and rightly so. I was concerned the wheels wouldn't fit over the 14.4" brakes but was pleasantly surprised when they did... JUST. however, It now seems that the spokes of the wheels touch the front face of the caliper and need about 1/32" to clear it, so I will have to run a 1/4" spacer to overcome this issue and possibly run a 315 as opposed to a 335.

Anyways, I'll hopefully get some tires soon and learn what other issues I've created for myself.
      Today I will get the fronts on, as I literally put the rears on after traveling 29 hours and couldn't wait a minute longer.

Fronts fit well and clear the calipers by a bee's d*#k, very happy with them, and hopefully won't run into any trouble on the inner fender. I've installed buttons head screws on the outer fender and intend to roll them if necessary.

spent a lot of hours on the car recently while the weather has been warm(ish), and have managed to get the car ready for its final round of poly. this picture was maybe 2 weeks ago before I spent FAR too long tackling the rockers which was an area I had neglected until now.

once I was exhausted enough with sanding I also decided to get started on another double din display.

Tires should be on shortly, then the garage can be cleaned intensely before setting it up to spray primer.

Love those wheels! I was going to ask how you were going to approach the double din, until I realized that you have a full 5th gen interior. Looking great man!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Country Flag: Netherlands

Back spacing on front wheels?

Nice build. I love the wheels!! Do you have 18x9.5 and 18x12?
      What backspacing do you have on the front and rear wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Fronts fit well and clear the calipers by a bee's d*#k, very happy with them, and hopefully won't run into any trouble on the inner fender. I've installed buttons head screws on the outer fender and intend to roll them if necessary.

1968 Camaro, 400SBC, Baer T4 13", Airride, Autometer, 18" Intro's, March, LED taillights, Magnaflow, König seats.
      1969 Nova, LS1/4L60e, Bear brakes, ridetech suspension, AFX spindles, 69 Camaro bumpers + some custom touches.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com