Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Great build. How did you fill in all the holes in the inner wheel wells and the radiator support. In the pics it looks like you just bondo over them. Did you weld them in or use something else?

Also for the pedals, if you want a budget friendly solution that looks custom go with stock Camaro pedals and buy zl1 pads along with zl1 gas peddle. PSI can make the harness to accept the zl1 pedal and programming pcm as well. It’s what I did. You will have to trim the pedal pads slightly but I’m sure you will figure it. Very easy. Here’s how it looks:
      Awesome advice, I actually have that same Accelerator pedal and was hoping to use it with a PSI harness so this info helps. Is it the "Camaro/corvette" peddle option on their site or is it something that needs to be called up to be changed? I was about to drop the hammer on it.

The wheel wells and rad support were entirely welded up, so far there isn't a drop of filler in the whole car, just epoxied sheet metal

You would have to call PSI and tell them you will be using the ZL1 pedal. You also have to let your tuner or whoever programs ecu to program for your zl1 pedal. I also had to fab a bracket to bolt the gas pedal to so its further from the firewall. Here’s what it looks like.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/attachme...3&d=1518814897

fantastic, great help, my pedal is an auto SS model but looks identical to yours, I'll run it all by PSI.

Well I'm finally getting stuck back into the car, I feel like I have a dozen jobs all stuck at 90% so I'm trying to stop putting them off. I received my PSI harness and spent some time re-trimming it and cleaning it up, it's a 5 minute install and is hidden enough for my liking now.

I also picked up some ignition leads and installed a new steam vent kit so the majority of the engine is...90% complete..

I picked up some Trucklites and am busy with my trunk mounted battery system but no pictures just yet, so stay tuned.

I love the accessory drive
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Made some progress today assembling the subframe, Speedtech did a great job and it was very easy, especially compared to my background with japanese cars, Could have been easier if I could remove the subframe from the car but we're still aligning and working on the hood unfortunately.
      I wish I could have used the ATS tall spindles but I have used ridetech spindles instead to fit the lsxconcepts big brake brackets.
      Once the correct lugs come in I can fit the brakes, and then the wheels.

Excellent build with lots attention to details.

Just have a question about the unisteer rack and pinion which goes with Speedtech Subframe as I do have the same front clip as yours.

As you noticed, unisteer racks come centered and this is confirmed by the green paint marker on the rack body and its pinion. Just wondering whether you have double checked if it is centered or you have just relied on the marker made by unisteer.

As per unisteer, the total turns lock to lock is 2.5, which means it will be centered at 1.25 turns. When rechecked the rack I received, it turned out that it is a bit more than 2.5 turns from lock to lock
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Quote Originally Posted by 72Z/28 View Post
      Excellent build with lots attention to details.

Just have a question about the unisteer rack and pinion which goes with Speedtech Subframe as I do have the same front clip as yours.

As you noticed, unisteer racks come centered and this is confirmed by the green paint marker on the rack body and its pinion. Just wondering whether you have double checked if it is centered or you have just relied on the marker made by unisteer.

As per unisteer, the total turns lock to lock is 2.5, which means it will be centered at 1.25 turns. When rechecked the rack I received, it turned out that it is a bit more than 2.5 turns from lock to lock
      I have not double checked this actually, Although I would say it's fairly accurate. Unfortunately I still have not setup my steering column and the car isn't in a position to be jacked up right now so I cannot check this for you

Lookin' Good! That drive is pretty wicked.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Got stuck back into the car, finally decided on mirrors I'm happy with(4th time lucky).

Trucklites are in, and in an attempt to get the grill and headlight trim to fit I picked up some original trim, they helped a lot on the drivers side but my reproduction piece fit better on the passenger side, they're still not perfect but probably as tight as I'll get without re-working sheetmetal

And a big step about to begin...body work..

Well the car looks like a boy-racers wet dream with all of the stripes and the garage has never been dustier, but body work is well underway. I installed all of the weatherstrips prior to doing so and now the doors and trunk sit higher than I'd hoped, I'm told the seals should settle a little but I'm still waiting to get started on those lines....

Any advice on settling seals, I'm all ears.

My Anvil spoiler also arrived, I kept it fiberglass so it will also be body worked for a tight fit, the notched spoiler should suit my build well.

What brand weatherstrip did you use? Metro are the best I have come across. Soffseal are the worst, very firm in my experience.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      What brand weatherstrip did you use? Metro are the best I have come across. Soffseal are the worst, very firm in my experience.

Don
      S%$T, I have SoffSeal...
      I'll take a look at Metro asap, thanks Don

S%$T, I have SoffSeal...
      I'll take a look at Metro asap, thanks Don
      They may have improved but this has always been the case in my experience. I just installed owner supplied Soffseal on a 57 Nomad and they sucked.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I have to slam the doors and trunk very hard to get the lock, which I was trying to prevent by installing 5th gen latches, and on the lower door gaps I now have almost a 1/4" raise on what was very flush body work. Frustrating, but glad it has been identified

Have you ever tried 'Steele Rubber products'? I watched a video on how they're made, they appear to be superior to my current seals, the perk is that they're only 15 minutes from where I live?

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      They may have improved but this has always been the case in my experience. I just installed owner supplied Soffseal on a 57 Nomad and they sucked.

Don

I have to slam the doors and trunk very hard to get the lock, which I was trying to prevent by installing 5th gen latches, and on the lower door gaps I now have almost a 1/4" raise on what was very flush body work. Frustrating, but glad it has been identified

Have you ever tried 'Steele Rubber products'? I watched a video on how they're made, they appear to be superior to my current seals, the perk is that they're only 15 minutes from where I live?
      I would rate Steele as better than Soffseal but not as good as Metro. I used Steele on a 55 Nomad.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Everything is looking great, but body work is very messy business. Wait till you start sanding skim coats and the bondo dust starts flying. FYI, I bought a 3M dust mask with pink cartridges on eBay for like $15 bucks and was one of the best things I bought. Definitely saved my lungs.

Oh and before you toss those Metro seals in the trash, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Everything is looking great, but body work is very messy business. Wait till you start sanding skim coats and the bondo dust starts flying. FYI, I bought a 3M dust mask with pink cartridges on eBay for like $15 bucks and was one of the best things I bought. Definitely saved my lungs.

Oh and before you toss those Metro seals in the trash, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.
      I'll get straight onto that 3M mask, my current masks don't cut it as I'm already feeling the side effects of it. once it's in primer I'd say I won't see the car until it's in color, I've got a couple different shops coming to take a look to give me some quotes.

I'll let you know how I go with the seals tomorrow.

I just spent about $1k to have my doors torn back apart to have 1 year old wing window seals from Steel Rubber replaced. My car is kept in air conditioned garage, and these seals were disintegrating. I'm bringing them with me to Memphis to confront them if they are there

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pursuit View Post
      I just spent about $1k to have my doors torn back apart to have 1 year old wing window seals from Steel Rubber replaced. My car is kept in air conditioned garage, and these seals were disintegrating. I'm bringing them with me to Memphis to confront them if they are there

GEEEEZZZZ, I am(was) literally about to get in the car to drive up to Steele as Metro is currently behind on orders, scrap that, I think I'll just wait for metro to come back in stock. Thanks for the help

forget that last comment, turns out Amazon lists them...at half the price they'll be here Sunday

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com