Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      Nice looking brackets you got there

They came out great and they're easy to assemble. Should be all mounted up by monday

Nice build! I'm now jealous and sad lol. Thanks for that
      Seeing all of your fabrication gives me ideas that I didn't want to so far entertain, but I like your lack of water channels around the windows and the mini tubs and I am sure you will continue to make me jealous and sad as your build continues. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by camaros down under View Post
      Nice build! I'm now jealous and sad lol. Thanks for that
      Seeing all of your fabrication gives me ideas that I didn't want to so far entertain, but I like your lack of water channels around the windows and the mini tubs and I am sure you will continue to make me jealous and sad as your build continues. Keep up the good work!
      sad yes, as the build has slowed down substantially overly the last couple months due to the builder suffering a stroke and a large chunk of the funds going towards a house deposit and setting up a new business. will have some nice rolling pics very shortly however.

Well, As Previously stated, my build suffered some set backs, but I managed to get it moved to another shop down the street to complete my rear end and torque arm(ongoing), so that I can then move it to ambition road for finalising the fab work.
      In the meantime, with all this waiting, I decided to get a render done of my car, it should make the final fab work a lot easier for ambition road. But most importantly it's good for my motivation... which has been suffering.

subscribing
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Your car is really coming along nicely, I'm totally digging the custom modern upgrades. The Speedtech parts are pretty cool too. ;)

Keep up the good work!!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Just came across your build. Looks awesome. I'm also building a 68.
      I love what you did with the grille. Can you email the info also?
      [email protected]

Thanks,
      Tom

69 bumper on 67

Your build looks awesome . A note on your render. It looks like you plan on using 69 turn signals in your front valence. The front bumper will actually cover half of them up if you plan on using stock 68 bumper. I have only seen this 69 front bumper mod in this old picture ever though.Name:  67_ftview 69 bumper.jpg
Views: 3280
Size:  26.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pursuit View Post
      Your build looks awesome . A note on your render. It looks like you plan on using 69 turn signals in your front valence. The front bumper will actually cover half of them up if you plan on using stock 68 bumper. I have only seen this 69 front bumper mod in this old picture ever though.
      That's correct, I will still use the 68 front bumper, but as it will be shortened and sit flush with the body, it will also be raised to sit almost flush with the bottom of the grille, it will still cover a small part of the top of the light but still works, i had him do it to the render, it has also been done on several Roadstershop 68's and it looks fantastic.
      That 69 bumper fits quite nice on that 68 though.

I have a question about your hood- I just ordered a flat fiberglass hood and a stinger scoop to mold into it for my G body wagon (see avatar). The scoop is open front and rear and I plan to close one end off, just wanting some insight from another stinger style hood owner. Are you closing off the rear? Why did you decide to open the front instead of drawing air from the rear?
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 08-11-2016 at 08:17 AM.
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      I have a question about your hood- I just ordered a flat fiberglass hood and a stinger scoop to mold into it for my G body wagon (see avatar). The scoop is open front and rear and I plan to close one end off, just wanting some insight from another stinger style hood owner. Are you closing off the rear? Why did you decide to open the front instead of drawing air from the rear?
      leave the front of the scoop closed and leave the back open as a heat and air extractor and that will create less under hood pressure, and less hood lift at higher speeds

Good thought Rod. When I had a cheap ABS stick on cowl induction scoop on the steel hood with the air cleaner sealed off to the hood it would draw air into the back of the scoop (and leaves in the fall and snow in the winter, lol!). I still plan to have mine sealed to the hood in effort to bring in cooler outside air, so the heat extractor idea wouldn't apply at least in my case. Are you after the ram air James?
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 08-11-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      Hey Ben,
      As Rod said, keep it working like a cowl hood, extracting heat from the engine bay, you actually can't tell because I didn't show any pictures underneath, but mine is a fully functional cowl hood, it only appears like an intake, yes causing more drag but its merely for appearance.
      I haven't decided on the intake yet but I like the look of edelbrocks new cross-ram intake.

I had to look back on my previous comments to see when I started work on my rear end, ouch, but I have an update:-
      I've had a rocky few months with the workshop dealing with my car, I won't get too much into it as they're good guys but their experience is not what is required for a pro-touring build, or lets say, I'm not willing to pay twice the price to fund their learning curve. After a couple (6) things not coming out how I liked or being totally wrong, I came to the conclusion that I wanted my car finished elsewhere and by luck Aaron Elenbaum (previously of Detroit Speed) started his own shop Ambition Road in a better location to where I live, at a better hourly rate, and most importantly, with a ridiculous amount of experience building cars far better than mine ever will be. If you haven't heard of Aaron or Ambition road yet, well he just finished Angelo Vespi's C10 and won a goodguys builders choice award at its unveiling in Columbus.

Anyways, getting my rear end complete has turned into an absolute nightmare, between two shops, first measurements being incorrect, frame rails being too wide and then wheels not fitting inside the guards, I think we have finally sorted it out, I say 'I think' because I am still waiting for the third member and axles which I paid for over 4 months ago, Not STRANGE's problem, the order was just never placed which I only learnt yesterday, here's some pics of the rear end, I know people like pics.
      Tomorrow I will spend the day running all my parts to Ambition road and going over a new game plan with Aaron, his first job will be to complete all the incomplete sections of body work and get everything up to his standards.

Another minor update, my car along with all parts have been relocated, and it's by far the best decision I've made on my build thus far. The progress should really start improving now and we have a plan of attack setup in stages to finish fab, prep for paint and then final assembly so I'm looking forward to the coming months.

Although it looks like the rear end is all sorted now, it actually isn't!! the wheels are simply sitting under the car and after one inspection of the newly fabricated torque arm brackets we realised that they were installed incorrectly and they now need to be removed and reinstalled(again) in the correct locations however we will wait for the parts to arrive from strange before we start on this.

On a side note, i was mucking around with a couple 5th gen door panels i bought, and it is funny to see just how similar they are shaped to the 1st gen doors. They certainly don't fit but by the time we remove the parts we want from them and make custom panels, they will be very similar in appearance.

Man that thing is lookin just plain wicked Bad!

Making Progress at a great rate! here's some quality gapping and finishing on the body, fixing all of the prior work I wasn't happy with also. I'm very pleased with how it is coming along and seeing some sub-par work become something fantastic, it really helps the motivation which was starting to take a hit over the last 6 months. All credit goes to Aaron @ Ambition road.

Country Flag: Australia
      Great stuff. Looking real good Jim. It really makes all the difference having the right people involved.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

A bit more progress, still have issues with wheel fitment but we're still moving forward.
      gaps are all coming together well.
      installed some 5th gen door latches for that modern feel.
      and 5th gen parking brakes installed as well.

Awesome build. How was the fit with the stinger hood ?? Gaps, quality etc. ? Thanks!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com