Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good, I've been getting the itch to build another Camaro.

Your build is coming together nicely. I love the grill. Can you elaborate on it? Who makes it?
      68 Camaro BB/ M21

Country Flag: Australia
      From earlier in thread:

.....So for now and the next few weeks, the car will continue in fabrication, hopefully we can begin some of the custom work, meanwhile I'm working on a new grille.

And see post 10, he made it.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Quote Originally Posted by mbw View Post
      Your build is coming together nicely. I love the grill. Can you elaborate on it? Who makes it?
      Yeah as Godbolt pointed out, I made it myself from a new factory grill, I took a lot of photos of the process if anyone else would like to make one too, it took longer than I had planned on to get it perfect but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Yeah as Godbolt pointed out, I made it myself from a new factory grill, I took a lot of photos of the process if anyone else would like to make one too, it took longer than I had planned on to get it perfect but I'm very happy with how it turned out.
      I see it now...must have been too intrigued and skipped over that. I'm building now and would love to build that grill. Pm incoming for details.
      68 Camaro BB/ M21

Quote Originally Posted by mbw View Post
      I see it now...must have been too intrigued and skipped over that. I'm building now and would love to build that grill. Pm incoming for details.
      Sent you a detailed email with several pics I took along the way, let me know how it works out

Quote Originally Posted by slacker1965 View Post
      hey james.....nice build! FWIW powder makes great primer, just paint it the color you wanted.......way easier to do now. on the flip side not very many people will ever see it if you decide to just live with it.
      subscribed......
      Thanks, I hadn't thought about that, I'll decide when I see it in a couple days, I'm not sure I want to lose anymore time, I really want the front end assembled and rolling, the longer the car sits in the shop, the sadder my wallet gets.
      I've never had someone work on a car of mine to this extent so the sooner its painted and rolling the sooner I can work on it myself and save some coin

I'm surprised that you went with a Speedtech suspension given that DSE is located there locally in Mooresville.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

'Streamline' 1968 camaro project

Looking very nice. That grill is bad ass.

Country Flag: Norway
      Awesome build, subscribed .
      Like your plan for the car... Feel free to write about the grille, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosterix View Post
      Awesome build, subscribed .
      Like your plan for the car... Feel free to write about the grille, it looks great.
      Grill information can be found at www.jastperformance.com

Made some progress today assembling the subframe, Speedtech did a great job and it was very easy, especially compared to my background with japanese cars, Could have been easier if I could remove the subframe from the car but we're still aligning and working on the hood unfortunately.
      I wish I could have used the ATS tall spindles but I have used ridetech spindles instead to fit the lsxconcepts big brake brackets.
      Once the correct lugs come in I can fit the brakes, and then the wheels.

Last edited by slimjim; 07-01-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: F$%#king photo bucket

More updates while I'm still able to.
      Front brakes are on

slipped a Wheel on while I was there, the coilovers need to be remounted and readjusted as they can be fitted in 2 options according to the speed tech instructions.. The Lower option is damn low..
      You'll see we also quite obviously need to do some guard-work to get the low offset wheels to fit comfortably

And the hood inlet is well underway, not as simple a job as first expected but I am very happy with how it is coming along

Looking good James! keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonomad View Post
      Looking good James! keep it up!
      Thank you,
      I Ordered a trans tunnel and dash frame today, hoping to start working on that shortly. I happened to find a yard with 3 camaros in PA who were reasonably priced

Love the hood James...and of course the front brakes

Just a fyi, I just finished up the rear 9 inch prototypes....and I am just waiting to hear back from my water jet cutter and some of the parts and I should be taking orders soon....

something for you to drool on....

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      Love the hood James...and of course the front brakes

Just a fyi, I just finished up the rear 9 inch prototypes....and I am just waiting to hear back from my water jet cutter and some of the parts and I should be taking orders soon....

something for you to drool on....
      Nice! can't wait to see them, I still need to shorten my rear-end and buy axles and 3rd member before fitting these, maybe I'll copy your rear end on the chevelle, looks like the same setup I'm chasing

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Nice! can't wait to see them, I still need to shorten my rear-end and buy axles and 3rd member before fitting these, maybe I'll copy your rear end on the chevelle, looks like the same setup I'm chasing
      Copying my rear end might be a little tougher than you think..... Its a IRS out of a 2014 ZL1 Camaro.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      Copying my rear end might be a little tougher than you think..... Its a IRS out of a 2014 ZL1 Camaro.....
      Wow I am horribly mistaken.. I have been known to pay attention to the wrong rear-ends in the past

Well I'm leaving last minute for work overseas, so I put a couple days work on the car so I had a list of things to get done while I'm away.
      Front brakes/ wheels are in, These brembos are fitting near perfect.
      However the wheel offset shows the we need to do a lot of guard work to make them fit snug up front, may even flare the guards a little.
      While I was at it I fit my rears onto another 68 in the shop so we can get measurements to narrow my rear end.
      I think my wheels look absolutely great on the camaro, (almost tempts me to paint the car black) but my theory is, "if you don't have to alter the guards to fit the wheel, they aint wide enough" so I plan to have my rear end shortened an inch wider overall than this one is if that gives you an idea, then they'll fit nice with only minor guard rolling...
      If anyone has good advice or experience on fitting wide wheels on a camaro I'm all ears, I've never done it on an old car.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com