Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
    Looking good mate. Enjoying the read
    Thanks, never thought I'd be 20 pages deep yet still so far from completion

Country Flag: United States
    Love that color on the firewall. Turned out awesome

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    Thanks, never thought I'd be 20 pages deep yet still so far from completion
    We are going to get you to 10,000 views! Keep the posts coming.

Nice job the firewall came out great. Under neath looks looks nice too.
    Wayne
    Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
    Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
    Love that color on the firewall. Turned out awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
    Nice job the firewall came out great. Under neath looks looks nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SD67 View Post
    We are going to get you to 10,000 views! Keep the posts coming.
    Thanks guys, almost at the 100k.

Spent today reinstalling the the subframe. I thought it would be quite difficult to do it alone but it was mounted in no time.
    I then decided to dismantle it just to fully rebuild it with grease and thread lock and torque everything that was necessary. it has been a couple of years since I purchased it and wanted to be sure everything was 100% at this point.

question- there's some poly primer overspray here and there on the powder-coated frame. it's barely noticeable but does anyone have a surefire way to remove it? I've tried a bunch of things but still can't remove it all.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post

question- there's some poly primer overspray here and there on the powder-coated frame. it's barely noticeable but does anyone have a surefire way to remove it? I've tried a bunch of things but still can't remove it all...
    I've heard WD-40 works on removing overspray. Don't have direct experience with that, but worth giving it shot.
    Tu Ho
    Firebird V2-LS swap

Iíve used polishing compound and clay bar to remove. Polishing compound slightly glosses satin black though so keep that in mind when rubbing if yours is satin.

-Dale
    SchwartzPerformance
    The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
    SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
    I've heard WD-40 works on removing overspray. Don't have direct experience with that, but worth giving it shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
    Iíve used polishing compound and clay bar to remove. Polishing compound slightly glosses satin black though so keep that in mind when rubbing if yours is satin.

-Dale
    Thanks for the tips, I'll give them both a try today. Gloss black frame so I should be ok

coron......

I've rather slacked off on the bodywork which is quite stupid since there's only a couple of pieces remaining that need attention, however wet sanding the radiator support and inner wheel wheels is a tedious project.

So I took a little hiatus from it and got into some mechanical assembly.

for anyone who has been here since the beginning may recall my anger towards a couple of shops that screwed me over at the beginning, and well, it seems like they are still screwing me. since fully removing everything from under my car I found a string of issues with the suspension and how it was mounted. multiple cases of the incorrect hardware, steps skipped in the install, and a couple of brackets supposed to be welded in missing entirely.

Anyways, most have now been rectified but a huge issue I had was with the condition of the 3rd member.
    I ordered a strange tru-trac years ago, the shop assembled it and installed it before I got a good look. well upon removing it I realized that it looked like garbage, not to mention lacked half of the hardware sealing it and nothing was torqued. To overcome the bright blue nodular(I suspect possibly used) casing they painted it in one piece in the thickest paint I've ever experienced. days of paint stripper later I got it off and started a complete overhaul, the end result looks a little more suitable.

Then, thanks to a certain recall on some jack stands I got a bit of a kick to get the car supporting it's own weight, at least in the rear. so finally, all suspension is somewhat setup and torqued and 'may' never have to be removed again.

I got a bunch done on the car over this past week. I got the inner fenders, fender supports and radiator supports all painted. then hit the underneath of the inner fenders with raptor liner so these parts are all finished for good.
    Today I reassembled the front end.
    The only thing missing is some nicer hardware...oh and everything else that goes in there.

Wow, Jim that looks great, your doing an amazing job.

Wayne
    Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
    Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Sexy close out panel

Man, that looks amazing!!

1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE
    1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

Really nice.
    marty-mj
    GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Thanks for the kind words from a lot of reputable hotrodders! It keeps me going.

Since powering through the bodywork things have slowed down a bit, and they will continue to slow down as my wife starts her first business and I commit my time towards outfitting her shop until the dredging world calls upon me again.

I managed to get the hood back on the car and decided to rice up the engine bay with some black billet washers and Allen head bolts and although subtle, I'll decide once it's painted if I like them or not, for now I do.

I then ordered a 36sq/ft box of Kilmat and have spent the last couple of days laying it down with only the highest level of OCD! It's the cheapest 80mil option I found with 170 5-star reviews on eBay and I will probably be the 171st. considering I'm going full coverage on the car, it seemed just.

I will order another box, finish out the roof and trunk, but the firewall and rear seat will have to wait until those 2 departments are finalized.

Not easily shown in any pictures but I also managed to run the starter 1/0 cable straight down the center of the car, the best part is I managed to slide it "through" the corner(?) of the 5th gen tunnel, you can see where it comes out near the passenger footwell in the picture above. Also ran the alternator 4 gauge wire down the drivers side.
    I also installed all 4 speakers with baffles(both before and after sound deadener just out of curiosity; noticeable difference), braided and hid all the wires and ran them down the drivers side. I wired them up to a home theater sound system and let them rip. very happy.

Heeyyyy, 100,000 views. not bad for a stupidly named build taking 4x the time and 2x the cost to complete. let it be known to any widows with copyrights to the name 'streamline', It's the name of my build thread, and not my build.

Thanks for the ongoing support P-T members

Very cool!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21