Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

1969 Cutlass Build

Hello Pro-Touring!

Long time lurker with something to finally build. I've come from the late model mustang scene and I've always wanted to build something from the ground up, but never had more than a small single garage until last year when we bought our new house.

I was searching for a rust free car for some time, but with out blowing the budget not much out there, so I started looking for cars to "save" and I found one about two hours away from us, loaded up the wife and our 9 week old baby girl and went to see it, turned out decent so we loaded it up and made the drive home.

and here it is, 1969 cutlass supreme

And here it is in it's home

So with the car found, next step was to unload my 2012 GT500, as much fun as it was I can't have both spots in the garage haha.

So I said good bye to my beast, last picture I have before it went to the dealership.

Back to the cutlass, its fairly clean for a Canadian car, when I bought it i went in knowing it was going to need some metal work. First step was to start pulling out the interior to have a good look at the floors to see what I'm up against Rear driver side pan Driver side foot area will need a patch welded in Passenger side nice and clean But has to be some bad areas too, inside the kick panel on the passenger side will need some attention Pulled the carpet and trunk apart last night to see what's hidden and surprisingly clean. This is were I'm at now, pulling it apart, being my first real build I'm going to be taking my time labelling everything nicely. We also have a 10week old daughter so my time is limited, but plans for the not so distant future are Getting it stripped down and out to media blasting to see what I'm really up against, have new 1/4's welded in and repair what ever else pops up. Hopefully posting this will keep me motivated to keep going as much as I can. Mike

Country Flag: United States
      Very nice, 69 Cutlass is one of my favorite cars. Looks like a good start overall.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard...
      Looks pretty solid other than the obvious... What are your plans?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Welcome aboard... Looks pretty solid other than the obvious... What are your plans?
      thanks csouth, Ive followed your build, well done so far. biggest thing to be done right now is the metal work, im going to strip it over the next month or so and get it ready to go out. hopefully source an Lq9, maybe do HCI and keep it simple, ive had enough manual cars for a bit so ill keep it auto (my Shelby ruined manual trans cars for me) suspension-im not sure 100% sure yet, id like to go air ride, but ill weigh the pro's and cons lots to think about, the current olds 350 4bbl runs very well, so I think the motor will be the last step, I might run that for a while when the cars done too..who knows, its a couple years down the road at this point. im looking forward to the build, im not in a rush for the final result

Nice looking car to start with. Where abouts are ya in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by oldzzy View Post
      Nice looking car to start with. Where abouts are ya in Canada?
      Thanks oldzzy, I'm about an hour west of T.O

Your in Ontario as well?

Yes I am in London

Quote Originally Posted by oldzzy View Post
      Yes I am in London
      Not to far at all Sir, I'm just outside of Guelph.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com