Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

St. Paul Street Machine Nationals Autocross July 2015

This weekend is the next Hotchkis Cup Autocross presented by Nitto Tire. We'll be out at the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul, MN for one of the biggest shows of the year. The autocross if free to anyone who has registered for the show and is going to be huge! Are you coming out to join us this weekend? http://ow.ly/PBbRc

Hotchkis Sport Suspension
      Toll Free: 877-466-7655

Country Flag: United States
      Our 1970 Mean Green Challenger will be there!! Looking forward to meeting you guys!!

Ill be there
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Just came back from setting up the course! 43.80 in the Challenger and the course is FAST! Don't forget your helmets. We'll have loaners.

Sounds great, it's a whole lot better than last years course! Now we got something to go by. Any prizes for the first car to beat that time?? LOL. Looking forward to the weekend and meeting you guys that I have talked to on the phone.
      Kurt & Andrew Chenoweth
      70 Challenger

Well I beat it at the press event yesterday with a 42.8! Ill be out driving EMax from time to time to keep the pressure on!

It was awesome to see the course layout yesterday, what an amazing improvement over past years! Thank you Hotchkis!!
      Go Team Chenoweth, keep the sponsor on their toes!

Got home from the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul and have to say it was a blast! Hotchkis put together an awesome autocross course that had some challenging parts to it but also the longer straights that the horsepower guys like to have! I believe the crowd enjoyed the slicker track us autocrossers had as we ended up slideways a few times to get them cheering! Dad and I tried and drove our butts of to see if a MOPAR could get the Hotchkis Cup but came up a little short (damn cones....) so congrats goes out to Ryan Buck in the Maroon 63 Nova. The Chenoweth green challenger with Hotchkis suspension ran in the top 3 or 4 fastest times the entire weekend (I Andrew ending up with a faster time than the Hotchkis E-Max Challenger ;-) sorry Dan!!) as well as a third in the Street Machine Challenge. Hope some more MOPAR guys realize what Hotchkis can do for your car like they did for ours!

thanks go out to you guys! the track set up was just awesome!although the best I could do was a 46.??? the 340 compound tires and a 118" 63 belair wheel base was not helping to much either.lol Thanks to all that were involved to make this happen! it was just a blast and will change things up and try again next year. i have quite a few videos and picts. i will post up as soon as i get a spare minute.are you going to post up the results anywhere?

Well Andrew I guess next time you show up I'll just have to actually make adjustments to the car; with maybe a few less tips to other drivers It'll be on like Donkey Kong!

Once the media guys and Racing Byrds get stuff posted I'll make a follow on post. Thanks so much everyone for coming out. With the spectators and awesome drivers, we had a blast and can't wait to come back next year!

Looking forward to it Dan!! : Thanks for the few pointers you gave out never thought to attack a slalom like you showed! Also the shock tips you gave helped some too, can really feel like nose raise and lower where we couldn't before!

Agreed. It was a great show and a nice long auto x. The speed stop was fun as well. I didn't break any world records on the auto x but had a great time. That hairpin turn in the middle before the long straightaway had me scratching my head.....downshift hard and try not to burn rubber, oversteer and spin out.... or bog like hell in second. Oh well good times, glad I picked this event and made the trip up. I will absolutely be there next year.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

In an autocross I always like to see or add features that give drivers options and room to explore. Track interpretation is a big piece of autocross!

I had a great time as well. The autocross was well ran. Everyone had a good view, not a bad spot in the house to watch. Rob, Dan, and John set the bar for next year!

We made 31 passes in the 66 Turbo Chevelle between the wife and I, and I think we had riders along for all of them. Hopefully we converted some to start autocrossing and having fun out there with their vehicles.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

It took for me to figure out the hairpin in front of the crowd till Saturday morning...all Friday I was making "extra" turns of the wheel before I figured out how to approach it. The slalom I think shrunk width wise from Friday to Saturday from the storm that came through, but maybe I could be wrong. I liked the length of the course and it being a little slick because then certain folks (Justin in the Chevelle.....) couldn't use the turbos like they wanted hahaha but gave people some factor of speed and braking judgement distance to play with. Looking forward to next years course and Dan running with us possibly!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com