Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

New Chassisworks Torque Arm Rear Suspension

Chassisworks is excited to announce the latest addition to our complete line of Pro-Touring suspension systems - The Chassisworks Torque Arm g-Link.

Click To Enlarge

A skillfully engineered system with multiple geometry and setting adjustments for tuning and refinement, Chassisworks' Torque Arm g-Link Suspension directly replaces the OEM leaf springs and shocks for significant performance increases in cornering ability, throttle response, and braking stability. System packages include our unique fabricated torque arm, g-Link tubular-steel pivotball lower arms, a Watts link or panhard bar lateral locator, VariShock billet-aluminum coil-overs, weld-on frame brackets, and optional billet-arm splined-end anti-roll bar.

The torque arm requires a Ford 9” center section and Chassisworks Subframe g-Connector chassis stiffening system or universal-fit tubular crossmember. Weld-on lower axle brackets are included with bolt-on brackets for GM multi-leaf spring pads as an available option. Applications include ’67-81 Camaro/Firebird and ’62-72 Chevy II/Nova with OEM wheel tubs or mini-tub conversions. There are also components available for custom-fit applications.

Click Here to view available options and configure a system for your vehicle or call direct to 800-722-2269.

For an extremely detailed and thorough review of all aspects of this system, I encourage you to download the 20 page Product Data Sheet by Clicking Here.

Click To Enlarge

Last edited by Carl @ Chassisworks; 06-30-2015 at 09:48 AM.
      Carl Ogren - Sales and Tech

Email us to get your Chassisworks/TCP Equipped vehicle featured on Facebook!
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks - Phone: 888.388.0297 ext 247

Chassisworks - TCP - Varishock - Component Drive Systems - KP Components

Any chance to make a torque arm set up for a 64-67 A body chassis? I would love for my 66 skylark to have this. A full aftermarket frame is outta the question budget wise.

Caleb

Your 66 Skylark already has a nice 4 link that you can get great upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by cduke1780 View Post
      Any chance to make a torque arm set up for a 64-67 A body chassis? I would love for my 66 skylark to have this. A full aftermarket frame is outta the question budget wise.
      Caleb
      There is always a chance...

Plus, we offer some univseral options for those who want to get creative. CLICK HERE.
      Last edited by Carl @ Chassisworks; 07-01-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Any chance this will be made for the early Mustangs?

How is ground clearance with 335's?

There we go. Nice work
      Jason

Quote Originally Posted by M4nt00th View Post
      Any chance this will be made for the early Mustangs?
      We actually already offer a torque arm system for the Mustangs as part of our Total Control Products line. It's a race proven piece and you can learn more at THIS LINK.

Quote Originally Posted by 72BBSwinger View Post
      How is ground clearance with 335's?
      Tire width doesn't effect ground clearance. This system will lower a car with stock floor a couple inches from stock.

Quote Originally Posted by swain View Post
      There we go. Nice work
      Thanks!

The Torque Arm Assembly

There are a lot of really cool features to this new system. To me, the torque arm itself is a work of art. It’s the same type of construction as our Camaro clips; fabricated box-tube construction comprised of laser cut panels with overlapping seams. This allows us to make it extremely strong and light without adding a lot of external bracing. We have been using this method for over ten years and, when paired with our in-house finite element analysis, it gives you a bulletproof end result.
      Click To Enlarge

The front torque arm connection, referred to as a ‘Sliding-Link,’ comes standard with a steel-sleeved poly bushing. A spherical pivotball is also available. Both versions feature a billet steel eye mount which is inserted in a greased bore in a billet receiver on the front of the torque arm. The bore is machined with a spiral, rifling pattern so that the link stays properly greased. A wiper seal keeps out road grime. There are more detailed pictures in the Product Data Sheet. Open the PDF by Clicking Here.

Because not everyone has the same third member, there are two different pinion support mounts. The first will fit standard Ford 9” and Strange S-Series cases. The second is designed to fit the Strange HD-Pro aluminum case.

Our gStreet Torque Arms use a serrated tab and washer mechanism to enable incremental pinion angle adjustment without the risk of slippage.

A lateral adjustment mechanism below the rearend housing allows the torque arm to be perfectly aligned with the chassis bracket at the gConnector center support without affecting the wheelbase squareness.

Man that torque arm is nice! The "sliding link" design is really cool. You have any plans on offering this torque arm set up for 3rd & 4th gen Fbody? I hate my adjustable torque arm!
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      Man that torque arm is nice! The "sliding link" design is really cool. You have any plans on offering this torque arm set up for 3rd & 4th gen Fbody? I hate my adjustable torque arm!
      You mean like this one?

We designed this one for drag racers but it has a similar sliding link at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl @ Chassisworks View Post
      You mean like this one?

We designed this one for drag racers but it has a similar sliding link at the front.
      Well.... I like how the new one mounts low off the 9", as my current, and looks like your drag set up would also beat the hell out of my floor and my ride height. Bookmarked anyway Thanks Carl!
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      Well.... I like how the new one mounts low off the 9", as my current, and looks like your drag set up would also beat the hell out of my floor and my ride height. Bookmarked anyway Thanks Carl!
      The tubular style above won't hit the floor unless you are REALLY low. Still, the new one is available as a universal kit and we make the arm in three different lengths. https://www.cachassisworks.com/c-138...universal.aspx

I was referring to a 26" tall tire like a 335, with that short of a tire how much ground clearance under torque arm and diff?

The tubular style above won't hit the floor unless you are REALLY low. Still, the new one is available as a universal kit and we make the arm in three different lengths. https://www.cachassisworks.com/c-138...universal.aspx
      I guess I'm really low! lol I got some other fish to fry before I re-engineer what I got, but I really like the looks of the design. May still not work well with that specific design in my f-car, but looks like a killer set up for many others!
      Brandon Pursley,

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia

Because not everyone has the same third member, there are two different pinion support mounts. The first will fit standard Ford 9” and Strange S-Series cases. The second is designed to fit the Strange HD-Pro aluminum case.

Any love for 12 bolts? Or 9" the only flavor offered?
      Last edited by Twentyover; 07-03-2015 at 05:13 AM. Reason: 9" not 9'
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Any love for 12 bolts? Or 9" the only flavor offered?
      Not much love here, but we know some people love them. The 12 bolt is coming, but it is a ways out at this point.

I want to talk a little bit about the options for locating the rear laterally underneath the car. The torque arm system comes standard with a double-adjustable Panhard bar. A Watts link is optionally available and, so far, this is what everyone has chosen.
      Click All Images To Enlarge

The Chassisworks Watts link is an incredibly stable piece of billet jewelry. The pivot assembly is made of our three main components; Base Plate, Watts Pivot, and Top Plate. The base plate is machined from billet aluminum and is mounted to the housing at four points. Four mounting positions for the Watts Pivot allow adjustment of the vehicle roll center to tune vehicle understeer/oversteer. The Watts pivot itself is billet steel and houses a sealed ball bearing. This makes it more durable on top of eliminating the stiction common with traditional bushing-style pivots. The top plate is laser-cut steel and bridges the Watts pivot with two additional stands and three fasteners which further eliminates side deflection.

Watts link pivot detail –

The chassis brackets are factory welded from laser-cut CNC bent steel and provide mounting for both the shock crossmember and the Watts linkage. The steel support tubes (shown in the first picture) are shipped loose. This is done for three reasons. First, it makes the packaging substantially smaller, reducing the cost to ship. Second, it allows a superior fit on a chassis that is inconsistent. And third, it allows you to customize the installation a bit to better cope with routing exhaust, etc.
      Chassis bracket detail:

For more details or to find the system that fits your vehicle, follow THIS LINK.

Carl and Chassisworks,
      Thank you for bringing out these cool products to help our old junk run better against the fresher Iron. I have an odd ball car (76 Mustang) so I was planning to modify one of your TCP Torque Arm units to fit. I was curious if there were reasons why these are designed differently (square tubing, mounting to pinion bearing, telescoping pivot) and why they are so much longer than the TCP mustang/cougar ones(33-36" vs 45-55"). I'm sure the design is because of packaging and possibly applying lessons learned or innovations. The difference in lengths seems to make the short ones favor acceleration and the longer ones braking(reduce wheel hop). That's theory from my readings so maybe in application its negligible and just easier packaging. Any comments?
      Thanks,
      Alcino Azevedo
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Quote Originally Posted by alcino View Post
      Carl and Chassisworks,
      Thank you for bringing out these cool products to help our old junk run better against the fresher Iron. I have an odd ball car (76 Mustang) so I was planning to modify one of your TCP Torque Arm units to fit. I was curious if there were reasons why these are designed differently (square tubing, mounting to pinion bearing, telescoping pivot) and why they are so much longer than the TCP mustang/cougar ones(33-36" vs 45-55"). I'm sure the design is because of packaging and possibly applying lessons learned or innovations. The difference in lengths seems to make the short ones favor acceleration and the longer ones braking(reduce wheel hop). That's theory from my readings so maybe in application its negligible and just easier packaging. Any comments?
      Thanks,
      Alcino Azevedo
      Hi Alcino, sorry I didn't see your post until today.

The length does in fact make a difference in practice and the shorter length of the TCP torque arms favor a stiffer sprung and valved suspension. The 33" and 36" arms were originally designed as part of our pushrod rear suspension, intended primarily for open-track/road-race use with a higher spring rate and reduced amount of suspension travel. This system has proven to be extremely effective and has excellent off-corner acceleration with the trade-off of being less street-friendly. Not to say that a large percentage of systems produced, didn't end up on very capable "street" cars.

The longer 45-55" arms are more forgiving under braking and can be used with softer sprung suspensions with greater range of travel; still very effective on track, but also largely acceptable for street use. Both approaches work extremely well, but I'd say the longer arm has a broader range of practical performance and might be better suited for your application.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com