Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Can I get the watts mechanism separately?

Quote Originally Posted by 72BBSwinger View Post
      Can I get the watts mechanism separately?
      We offer a universal Watts link kit. You can find it at the link below. The mechanism is not available by itself.

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-318...max-width.aspx
      Carl Ogren - Sales and Tech

Email us to get your Chassisworks/TCP Equipped vehicle featured on Facebook!
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks - Phone: 888.388.0297 ext 247

Chassisworks - TCP - Varishock - Component Drive Systems - KP Components

What length torque arm would you recommend for a 104 wheelbase ford maverick
      Very similar to an early mustang..but different enough to beed longer LCA and reworkibg of everything
      This universal kit may be the ticket
      May do the same for my 72 skylark(112'wb) if speedtech cant supply a part list that ive been persistant about..
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl @ Chassisworks View Post
      Chassisworks is excited to announce the latest addition to our complete line of Pro-Touring suspension systems - The Chassisworks Torque Arm g-Link.

Click To Enlarge

A skillfully engineered system with multiple geometry and setting adjustments for tuning and refinement, Chassisworks' Torque Arm g-Link Suspension directly replaces the OEM leaf springs and shocks for significant performance increases in cornering ability, throttle response, and braking stability. System packages include our unique fabricated torque arm, g-Link tubular-steel pivotball lower arms, a Watts link or panhard bar lateral locator, VariShock billet-aluminum coil-overs, weld-on frame brackets, and optional billet-arm splined-end anti-roll bar.

The torque arm requires a Ford 9” center section and Chassisworks Subframe g-Connector chassis stiffening system or universal-fit tubular crossmember. Weld-on lower axle brackets are included with bolt-on brackets for GM multi-leaf spring pads as an available option. Applications include ’67-81 Camaro/Firebird and ’62-72 Chevy II/Nova with OEM wheel tubs or mini-tub conversions. There are also components available for custom-fit applications.

Click Here to view available options and configure a system for your vehicle or call direct to 800-722-2269.

For an extremely detailed and thorough review of all aspects of this system, I encourage you to download the 20 page Product Data Sheet by Clicking Here.

Click To Enlarge

So I have a 1968 Galaxie 500 fastback would this fit on the frame if I changed the rear axle

Quote Originally Posted by DudeTheCarMan View Post
      So I have a 1968 Galaxie 500 fastback would this fit on the frame if I changed the rear axle
      Unfortunately, Carl is no longer at Chassisworks. Your best bet is to give them a call and ask.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Actually , as long as you use a 9" style rear end, . we have kits that will weld into any car.
      Mike Weddle
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks
      Senior Sales Technician
      800-722-2269, ext 250
      [email protected]

what about front end its got an okay set but its just this stamped piece I want something a little better for her.

a new front for the Galaxie ?.. if you can weld, I can get you started.. http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-3807...clearance.aspx
      Mike Weddle
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks
      Senior Sales Technician
      800-722-2269, ext 250
      [email protected]

I know this is a old thread, but I seriously considered it.....Biggest draw back is no way to snake the exhaust piping thru it..

Not with Air Springs anyway.

Has anyone actually installed this product? I can't find anyone who has

Quote Originally Posted by SPG View Post
      Has anyone actually installed this product? I can't find anyone who has
      I was looking at it myself, looks real nice, I like the front
      bushing/bearing on the torque arm and the watts link setup too!
      But shied away and went with the Speedtech since I never actually saw one in person at races or anyone on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
      I was looking at it myself, looks real nice, I like the front
      bushing/bearing on the torque arm and the watts link setup too!
      But shied away and went with the Speedtech since I never actually saw one in person at races or anyone on the forums.
      Here's a picture of mine (in a '73 Camaro). Exhaust is indeed tight and it's currently only 2" since I wanted something fast. I'm planning on eventually putting in a full 3" with an H-pipe and over the axle tailpipes.
      Name:  20171006_120707.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  182.7 KB
      Name:  Camaro Rear.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  284.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo73 View Post
      Here's a picture of mine (in a '73 Camaro). Exhaust is indeed tight and it's currently only 2" since I wanted something fast. I'm planning on eventually putting in a full 3" with an H-pipe and over the axle tailpipes.
      Name:  20171006_120707.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  182.7 KB
      Name:  Camaro Rear.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  284.9 KB
      Hello, I bought a torque arm from chassisworks as well and I am hoping you can give me a lot of pictures and measurements of your set up so I can verify with what I have. Right now my torque arm extends 3" past where it's meant to and I am pretty sure some part somewhere I have was not made to spec

I am hoping you can reach out to me through private message so we can talk about this further, any help would be greatly appreciated since chassisworks is claiming I'm doing something wrong.

If you have a question call Chassisworks directly. They have a tech team which is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSU68 View Post
      If you have a question call Chassisworks directly. They have a tech team which is very good.
      I wish that was the case, their tech support is being incredibly unhelpful and refusing to acknowledge something is wrong. They keep blaming my issue on variations of the front subframe even though the front subframe doesn't change the install process of this kit.

My components are 3" off, thats not a variation issue, something was grossly miscalculated or I was given the wrong part.

Try calling Carl Robinson at ChassisWorks 916 290 7612. He has helped me and fix several issues. I hope he can help you. Please post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSU68 View Post
      Try calling Carl Robinson at ChassisWorks 916 290 7612. He has helped me and fix several issues. I hope he can help you. Please post an update.
      Carl is the person telling me my issue is the differences in subframe causing problems sadly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com