Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Where are all the Delphi 600 Boxes??

Where are all the 600 Delphi Boxes??? I waited a week for Hotchkis to tell me they have no Definitive ETA on their boxes.

I need a 600 series 12:1 box to fit my 67 Firebird....

I might have a 12:1, I'll have to check I have 6 or so boxes in my storage unit they will need a rebuild and valve change but if I have one I'm looking to deal, There's a shortage of cases currently, a lot of NASCAR teams have machined the boxes to lighten them up and are running into problems so they are going back to the heavier case....
      Need A T-101,Jerico or other 4 speed transmission serviced? Pm me....

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyR View Post
      I might have a 12:1, I'll have to check I have 6 or so boxes in my storage unit they will need a rebuild and valve change but if I have one I'm looking to deal, There's a shortage of cases currently, a lot of NASCAR teams have machined the boxes to lighten them up and are running into problems so they are going back to the heavier case....
      Really looking for one ready to go. thanks for the offer though!

Do the 600 series boxes come from production cars or are they strictly made for aftermarket?
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Finally Hotchkis got a small batch in went UP! on price, but supply and demand wins... and my cardone box is beyond garbage....

Rhort... Im not sure about that, they are ust supposed to be the best. so we'll see.

Damn Power Steering Boxes... Im CURSED!

1st. Cardone Box - So much play in it before even engaged.. it was junk, but waited to long to install it couldnt return

2nd Cardone Box - Steering was way to light! it was supposed to be the iroc box, but was really light.

3rd Box got an AGR box. - Just put it on and now a couple days later the top seal / input shaft is leaking. as in a puddle on the ground of steering fluid.

WTF is going on?! such a pain to change out the box! I need to drop the header, etc. etc. its like a 3-4 hour job by myself.

BTW, I returned the Hotchkis box as I thought it was a 600 delphi, but just a "revalved" AGR box for $150 more :Rolls Eyes:

Damn...sorry to hear of the troubles!

What's your next move then? Different box/vendor? There are only so many out there, you're going to run out of options soon! lol
      Josh

1968 Firebird project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...41#post1180941

Sorry to hear. It's not as involved as your steering box, but I've been having the same issues on the steering pump for my 82 Camaro. 1st pump (w/ reservoir) leaked. 2nd pump (w/o reservoir) flat out didn't work. 3rd pump was the same deal, no pumping. 1st was Autozone, 2/3 were O'reilly. #4 that I've had sitting for over a month is Napa, hopefully that one works. I just got burnt out on swapping pumps, so it sits!
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Huh, been installing Carson reman boxes with no issues so far, if the adjustment was lose why not attempt to readjust?
      I know since Lee closed its been difficult to find good box, hweck he even quoted me a rebuild on my Monza box but now that's impossible.
      I used to use Lares Corp for box builds, but haven't in at least 15 yrs or more.
      Hmm maybe I should look into rebuilding boxes for my self, if I have some success maybe I could make a living at it,,,,,, nah.
      I found out a jeep box will fit my 66 Caprice, wonder if it will work on my Monza?
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

TurnOne Steering.com is who I purchased mine from. Very knowledgeable, smooth transaction and would reccomend them. Tim john---

Quote Originally Posted by salesguy01 View Post
      Damn Power Steering Boxes... Im CURSED!

1st. Cardone Box - So much play in it before even engaged.. it was junk, but waited to long to install it couldnt return

2nd Cardone Box - Steering was way to light! it was supposed to be the iroc box, but was really light.

3rd Box got an AGR box. - Just put it on and now a couple days later the top seal / input shaft is leaking. as in a puddle on the ground of steering fluid.

WTF is going on?! such a pain to change out the box! I need to drop the header, etc. etc. its like a 3-4 hour job by myself.

BTW, I returned the Hotchkis box as I thought it was a 600 delphi, but just a "revalved" AGR box for $150 more :Rolls Eyes:
      So I bought The AGR box I bought 3 months ago, is now leaking from the input shaft where the AGR box I returned was pouring from!! not puddle on the ground, but leaves drips on the pavement when sitting. Only put 150 miles or so! What the Heck!

You could always try one stop or auto zone for the 82 corvette box it should work.. I'm not 100% but normally they use most of the steering box in something else newer you can get good ratios from. I run a grand Cherokee box in mine and it works great cost was low

Grand Cherokee box in my 1965 Skylark. No problems at all.

I was told by our new Rack Supplier Sweet Mfg. that they have a deal with Delphi where they will purchase ALL the new Castings. Delphi ONLY continues to produce the 670 box for NASCAR if not for them they would not even make them. the casting has 3 mounting bosses mandated by NASCAR instead of the factory 3S
      o that is where the supply is.
      Sweet has 670 parts in stock an ready to assemble.
      they are prices at about 800 and go up to about 1100 depending on what you want.
      Sweet told me that they do all the internal porting and micro polishing in house, they do not buy complete boxes from Delphi they buy all the individual components and then do what they do to them and then assemble as per the customers requirements.
      we have started selling the 700 box. this box is the one piece cast unit so no bolt on aluminum shaft housing. they are NOT NEW castings or pinion shafts, but all are rebuilt to spec, custom ratios available, cad plated and are 499.00 they are available in about 1 week as they also get built to order. call if your interested in one.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
      Grand Cherokee box in my 1965 Skylark. No problems at all.
      Sorry for the hijack but can you share what years the Jeep gear box you are running came from?
      68 Camaro SS/RS
      67 C10 stepside
      69 K10 shortbed
      79 Malibu

Quote Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
      Sorry for the hijack but can you share what years the Jeep gear box you are running came from?
      Sure. I would say 1993-1998, something like that. It is a Grand Cherokee so to be safe get one made for the 1995 model year.

Still looking for 1 of these
      1987 El Camino SS
      Displacement=357 CID 10-1
      Intake=Lingenfelter SR w/30 lb 52mm TB
      Heads=AFR 195 Street Eliminators
      Cam=Lingenfelter 219/219 .560/.560 112 LC
      Headers=Doug Thorley Tri-y 15/8", 2-1/2 exhaust
      Computer=1227730 NVSRAM S_AUJP_V4 Bin
      Trans=700-R4
      Rear End=GN 8.5 Posi 342
      Brakes= C-5

Quote Originally Posted by drb930 View Post
      Still looking for 1 of these
      This is a super old thread but try Lee...

Lee Power Steering Components - Motorsports High Performance Steering

Still looking for what? Call Turn One, Detroit Speed, or ridetech. They all offer 600 style boxes.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com