Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: NASCAR / Camaro

Country Flag: Canada
      Oh and Im in a delima(sp?) right now.....where did you run your fuel and brake lines? did you run them under the car on the frame like a street car or through the interior like the race car had originally? I can think of reasons for doing it either way. thanks D
      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I have said it before, but that hood is killer. Love the look of the car in race dress and with it's street shoes. With the color of the car, oversized rally's are just cool.
      Thanks Stephen. Always a tough decision on which wheels to run. So far I have splitting them 50/50.
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuthZr_vEM

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mc Mahon View Post
      What is the colour name/code for the engine compartment? Looks good.
      Thanks.

"Standard" Dove Gray.
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:

Quote Originally Posted by 458mag View Post

Which Goodyear tires are those, and what size?
      Goodyear Sport Car Blue Streak G7 - 15" x 10&12
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:

Quote Originally Posted by shortrack View Post

So the original set up was that far out you had to start from scratch? it must have been really far out, what happened there? was it totally undriveable?
      If you have not discovered already these racecars can be built/assembled with a wide variety of spindles, ucas', lcas', sway bars, etc.,etc.
      - One major issue I had to tackle was to relocate front sway bar tabs on lca to allow for more steering radius. The spindle hockey stick arms where the tie rods connect only come in two sizes - tight and tighter. Left racecar stock I could not safely negotiate a turn at a street corner - car would not turn enough.
      - Also had to clearance lower shock mount due to increased steering radius.
      - Then there is ucas. Many sizes available. Needed to shorten mine up to maintain proper alignment. Very short description here of a quite time consuming tuning task.
      - Sway bar arms needed modifying for increased steering radius.
      - Swapped springs, front & rear,several times until I found a nice setup that works great on street and track and allowed for good ride height adjustability.
      - The final deal was the alignment. There is an eccentric adjustment on the DS Front and PS Rear. Lots of tweaks needed to get right wheelbase as well as proper alignment.

In regards to your questions - I ran Tech AFX Teflon Fuel Lines down frame rails from end to end. The Teflon lines are super tough and do not allow fumes to leak through like braided lines can.

Brakes lines same deal. Spent the extra time to bend my own lines to contour to the frame rails. Attached everything nicely with these cool billet mounts. Check out "Inline Tube" - great source for brake parts.
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by ZuperZport View Post
      Left racecar stock I could not safely negotiate a turn at a street corner - car would not turn enough.
      - Also had to clearance lower shock mount due to increased steering radius.
      - Sway bar arms needed modifying for increased steering radius.
      -
      In regards to your questions - I ran Tech AFX Teflon Fuel Lines down frame rails from end to end. The Teflon lines are super tough and do not allow fumes to leak through like braided lines can.

Brakes lines same deal. Spent the extra time to bend my own lines to contour to the frame rails. Attached everything nicely with these cool billet mounts. Check out "Inline Tube" - great source for brake parts.
      You know my turning radius blows too, but Im not there yet. I see the Nascars on TV cranked to the lock in a spin or something and say "My car won't turn anywhere near that sharp! WTF!" lol

I was under the car tonight, Im going to go under the car too with the lines. Thanks for the tip on the Teflon fuel lines I'll check it out. D
      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

I got a chance to see Scott's car in person yesterday, meeting up with his fried Phil and Peter (GMachineDartGT) and Dirk (VanZuuk1) for the Harbor Island Mamaroneck show. As you might guess from this thread, the attention to detail is just incredible. It's a Camaro shell on a racecar, but with fit and finish unlike any racecar that I've seen.
      At one point, I pointed out to Dirk that there were no less than 8 people peering at his car at the same time. Between Scott, Phil's second gen, Dirk's tasteful '69, Peter's Mopar and my Mach 1 all next to each other, we had the pro-touring thing well represented at the show. Let's get the same crew together without the lawn chairs and put some miles on the cars!

First off this build is amazing!!

After seeing your car and shortrack's chevelle I did some searching and found this 55.

So of course now I want to go down this path as well.....

I did notice that in one of your posts (which shortrack commented on as well) that you mentioned modifications to allow a more streetable turning radius...

Were you able to solve this issue sufficiently with your relocation of the shock and sway bar mounts?

Thanks for the great thread!!

JSC
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      ^^What a neat double five.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Just came across this build, i LOVE IT!
      Looking to order some AERO wheels.......i have some questions regarding the back spacing on the front wheels and the rear wheels. Im in Yonkers NY and would love to see this if you still have it. I have a 69 Penske Replica i have been building the last 6.5 months.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com