Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR / Camaro

That mustang is really cool but it looks like its giving birth to a fuel cell. I would still take it as a xmas prresent.

Thats funny. I think it looks like the car is taking a dump, if you know what i mean.

Andrew Petty
      Andrew Petty

I was going to say "passing" a fuel cell. Still a wicked car.

Squared UP??

All the cup road race chassis are offset to the right!! Did you get Mike and Jackie to change the snout points to square it up?They haven't been square since the early nineties when Sears Point was first run. Not that it really makes a big difference one the street Just my 2cts!!

Mark

insanity at its finest.

absolutely awesome.
      pain is nothing compared to the emptiness that comes from quitting.
      owner of "Primal"
      1970 Camaro RS
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092707
      Camaro Z28

Country Flag: United States
      That last drivers side 3/4 view with the new wheels is amazing. I really like the direction you went with the car.

Tyler

Thats not bad for a rolling chassis. Why do you want to add more bars to the cage, aren't NASCAR cars very safe to begin with. Again I want to say I love your car.

Andrew Petty
      Andrew Petty

I'm guessing they lost some structural integrity when they removed the door bars and are trying to gain it back with supports placed elsewhere.

Id be interested in seeing some detail shots of how you went about hanging the bodywork on the chassis.

Man that is cool!

Maybe someday (post humongus lottery win) I'll pick up a chassis from Paul Gentilozzi and do something similar.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Scott , can I follow you around this summer, it will be the only time my car doesnt get dirty looks from the yuppies and tree huggers.

I bet you get a teary eyed hug from an earnhart fan or two.

That is an awesome concept. And the car looks great with the wheels you chose. Nice job, and can't wait to see it done.
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

Quote Originally Posted by ACEFOOTER
      Can't wait to see it. My dream car has been Bob Owens' "The Real Deal" featured in PHR last year http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0406phr_owen/ "complete Port City Chassis front end mounted to a custom tube frame race car chassis using .095-inch wall 1-3/4-inch tubing.
      Key pieces include Afco double-adjustable coil-over shocks, Speedway Engineering swaybars, an Appelton power-assisted rack and pinion attached to a custom Ididit column, a custom Watts linkage mounted to a Winters quick-change 9-inch rear with 4.11 gears, Wilwood brakes all around (8-piston calipers in front, 6-piston calipers in back) and a 22-gallon Fuel Safe fuel cell."

Hey Ace, be honest- is this a subtle swipe at the guy, basically saying it's been done before, or did tonight's salmon just raise my estrogen level a bit?

I think most will agree that I'm not the easiest guy to impress...I am jealous as hell. That would be one bithchin' ass daily driver. THAT is the definition of "street fighter" for those who were wondering. Leave it in suede black-

I'd probably have gone with a 17/18 combo vs. the bling-bling but that's just me. Setting the chassis is going to drive your bro nuts with those rear wheels, especially since he used to cars with a sidewall.

Quote Originally Posted by ACEFOOTER
      Can't wait to see it. My dream car has been Bob Owens' "The Real Deal" featured in PHR last year http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0406phr_owen/ "complete Port City Chassis front end mounted to a custom tube frame race car chassis using .095-inch wall 1-3/4-inch tubing.
      Key pieces include Afco double-adjustable coil-over shocks, Speedway Engineering swaybars, an Appelton power-assisted rack and pinion attached to a custom Ididit column, a custom Watts linkage mounted to a Winters quick-change 9-inch rear with 4.11 gears, Wilwood brakes all around (8-piston calipers in front, 6-piston calipers in back) and a 22-gallon Fuel Safe fuel cell."
      Am I crazy, or is that not a '69? (The article mentions it being a '69 a couple times)

I think it is a '69. The huge wheel flares kinda mess up the look of that '69, dont get me wrong I love the car.

Andrew Petty
      Andrew Petty

ZZ (Scott)

Outstanding! I love the concept, and the execution looks gorgeous. Don't be a fly-by sort of guy now. Hang out with us in the tech sections too.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
      Am I crazy, or is that not a '69? (The article mentions it being a '69 a couple times)
      It's definitely a '69. But as was said, the fender flares distort the lines of the car.

I could write a book about this build. Rather than droning on for three pages I'll try and write a little about each area.

- The Body - We literally removed the entire floor and trunk area from the Camaro along with 75% of the firewall. The cowl area has an entire substructure of 1 1/2" tubing reinforcement. The body substructure continues from the firewall under the rockerpanels and up and over the rear wheel wells, then flows into the trunk where each side is tied together at the rear of the body (rear valance). This frame work bolts to gussets welded on the NASCAR chassis in several even locations. The rollcage has been narrowed to accomodate the body with its hinged doors. The entire body can safely be removed from the chassis without twisting or warping. Remember making car models and one of the last things you did after assembling the chassis was slide the body over the car? Thats basically what we have done. The benefits of doing this is a more structuraly sound body. Also after all the roll cage bars are finished we can remove the body to do all of the paint work on the cage. The enitire chassis is getting painted separate from the body. The first 12" of a Camaro subframe were welded to the front of the chassis. Camaro radiator support and fenders bolt to their stock locations. The firewall was reworked under the windshield area where NASCAR meets Camaro. Since the motor is further back than stock a cutout was designed for the distributor. The original Camaro firewall tag is intact along with the stamped VIN number below the blower motor.

Country Flag: Canada
      This is by far the coolest thing I've seen on this site, and this site has a LOT of amazing cars. Way to go!
      1966 Volvo

Scott You realize you need two bodys, a show body with paint and a flat black beater body you can swap out. You could put an electric winch in each garage, you just pull the chassis in and lower the body onto it.

Ken , dont you mean testosterone? :icon_razz

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com