Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Dana 60 pinion mounted parking/emergency brake

I don't have a touring truck, but when I did a product search, this website came up so I thought I'd give it a shot and contact you guys. I have a 78 F150 Super Cab sitting on 37s. I have converted the rear end from the original 9" to a Dana 60 rear end and have just completed a disc brake conversion with 77 Cadillac Eldorado emergency/parking brake calipers. Needless to say the parking brake function on these calipers absolutely suck! I need a parking brake because I have a 4 speed tranny and I live on a hill. So I'm doing some research on a pinion mounted parking brake setup and your website came up. I wanted to mount this on the transfer case, but I don't have enough room to mount a brake caliper on the TC without hitting the bed of the truck. So my only option is to mount it on the pinion.

So do any of you know where I can get a pinion mounted emergency/parking brake setup for a Dana 60?

Country Flag: United States
      From the little reading that I read about pinion mounted parking brakes, it seems they don't work well on trucks. I suspect this is because the large tire diameter provides a lot of force that the brake can't overcome. I suspect this is the same reason that your disk brake parking brake doesn't work well either.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

You might want to contact Tobin at Kore3. I know he has internal drum ebrakes for 9" Ford's. He might have something for your Dana.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com