Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Quality of replacement panels (67 Tailgate skin)

I am getting ready to rebuild a tailgate for my El Camino and am going to replace the outer sheet metal also referred to as the skin and was wondering if they were all pretty much the same or if there are some I should definitely avoid or one that just stands head and shoulders above the rest ? I know there will be some fiddling with it and that none of them are an exact fit but I would like to avoid buying the crappiest of the bunch if possible .

Country Flag: United States

Quality of replacement panels (67 Tailgate skin)

Avoid goodmark.
      AMD is probably the best, Dynacorn right behind. It's always hit and miss with both of them though from our experience.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com