Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 1969 Camaro

1969 Camaro

Here are of few pics of my pro-touring project. It has a 350/330HP GMPP, TH350, 10 bolt with 3.73, Hotchkis front suspension (sway bar and coils with 2" inch drop) and Baer Eradispeed front rotors. Hoping to complete detailing the undercarriage and replacing the interior this winter. Any suggestions on a set of front buckets, power of course, would be appreciated.

Additional pics can be seen at 1969 Camaro Z-28 Clone pics

Rod
      Last edited by rocketrod; 09-14-2004 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo

Country Flag: United States
      Nice ride!!

sweeet car! keep us updated with the interior project!

colt45
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Sweet

Nice car!

Love that red.
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Sweet Ride!! I've been looking at the Acura TL buckets for my ChevyII. The TL's come standard with leather, 6-way power, heated seats. Their not too big like some larger luxury car seats, and have nice styling even if you want to eliminate the headrest.

Ryan

Check out 98-02 WS6 seats. Very god seats, very supportive for a factory seat. I was going with these until I decided on a fixed back seat.

Nice clean car. I would go with the 4th gen Trans am or Camaro seats. OH wait I did, and love them. See Avatar.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

very nice car :icon996:

Nice car, looks like my very first 69 I had. Another vote for 4th gen F-body seats, also because they are easy to modify to fit our cars. I snapped some photos of how to modify the factory 4th gen brackets to fit the 69 bolt holes. See my website www.ExtremeG.net
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

Nine Ball - First I checked out your website AWESOME car. I remember seeing that car for sale. In fact by the I called you had already purchased the vehicle. If my memory serves me correctly it from London, KY?

I am leaning toward the 4th gen seats, which leads me to ask did you have an interior shop cover the seat in houndstooth or is someone making off the shelf houndstooth covers for 4th gen seats. Also is it very difficult to find 4th gen seats that are heated and power adj.

Thanks
      Rod

try yearone

rocketrod,

yearone sells houndsooth 4th gen seat covers. they run around $400 for the set I believe.
      www.yearone.com

Andrew

Sweet ride!!!

SW

The Camaro looks great. Nice stance. I'm putting 4th gen seats in mine (69 Camaro). Enjoy!
      69 Camaro w/LS1. Start date April 2002, completion date June 2013. But it will be well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrod
      Nine Ball - First I checked out your website AWESOME car. I remember seeing that car for sale. In fact by the I called you had already purchased the vehicle. If my memory serves me correctly it from London, KY?

I am leaning toward the 4th gen seats, which leads me to ask did you have an interior shop cover the seat in houndstooth or is someone making off the shelf houndstooth covers for 4th gen seats. Also is it very difficult to find 4th gen seats that are heated and power adj.

Thanks
      Rod
      Rod, you are correct, I purchased the car from a restorer in London, KY. I flew up there and drove the car back from Houston. He did a decent job for the price, but I ended up repairing quite a bit myself because things weren't done to my standards.

I have 4th gen Camaro seats. Year One sells a slip-on kit that replaces the factory covers. Took a couple hours max to swap them over. The driver's seat is a power seat, which I kept full function of. No passenger seats are power in 4th gens however.
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

No passenger seats are power in 4th gens however.
      Do you mean not full power? My 4th gen seats have power lumbar on the passenger side and driver side.

Beautiful ride....What size rims and tires did you go with? Is the rear section mini-tubbed or stock? Are those the matching Hotchkis 1.5 inch drop rear leafs? Thanks for the help with your stance setup...
      Bo

Sweet 69!!

Love the stance, the wheels, the colour scheme! Your car is awesome!
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

Racer230,

I was running 17x7s with 215/45/17s on the front, 17x9.5 with 275/40/17s on the rear. For the supension I had the Hotchkis 2" drop coil springs with matching sway bar on the front and I was running stock Camaro multi-leaf spring with one leaf removed in the rear. The car had a really nice stance but the rear tires rubbed the inner wheelwells whenever you went into a corner even at normal speeds. I would probably recomend 255s in the rear but the 275s look so good..... I also am sorry to say I no longer own that vehicle, but thats another story....

If you have any other questions send me a PM

Rod

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com