Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

HOT ROD Announces New Events- HOT ROD POWERFEST WEST & EAST

We would like to make note of two new events on our schedule. HOT ROD has announced PowerFest West and PowerFest East. The events have several different highlights over the course of two days including an autocross. We've included the registration link in the information below along with Hot Rod Magazines description of each event:

Details per HOT ROD NETWORK'S Website:

The first annual Hot Rod PowerFest West will bring enthusiasts from the western United States to celebrate performance car culture Las Vegas style on September 26 -27, 2015. PowerFest West will be host to a wide range of vehicles from good old American muscle and street rods to high-end exotics, tricked out tuner cars, and a selection of the best low-riders in the west with the added excitement of headline entertainment and the thrill of Las Vegas.

This is a whole new automotive experience, unlike any other event you’ve been. Hot Rod Powerfest combines live music and the performance car lifestyle to create a festival experience bringing all types of car fanatics together to share their passions. And there’s no better place to do that than in Las Vegas.
      Here's just some of the stuff going on at the first annual Hot Rod PowerFest West:

Performance Midway

Dyno Challenge - allows participants to see how much horsepower is under the hood
      Autocross Event - blends driver skill and machine capability into one exciting event
      Main Stage - performances and entertainment
      Burnout Competition – participants generate as much noise and tire smoke as possible
      Search for Miss PowerFest West – Cash Prize
      Hot Rod editors and photographers on-site, generating more editorial content than ever while searching for rides worthy of "Editor's Choice" awards
      Show and Shine judging – outstanding rides in multiple classes, professionally judged
      Meet David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of ROADKILL and HOT ROD, and see some of the show’s project cars firsthand
      Magazine Feature Vehicle Corral
      Music performances throughout each day
      Headline music acts (to be announced soon. Check back regularly)

Giveaways and more

We have other things in the works! Stay tuned to HOTROD.com for the latest developments.

Registration includes:

Vehicle entry, entry for driver and copilot, and one goodie bag.
      $125 - Pre-registration online from 5/12/15 through 11:59pm PST 9/24/15, when online registration closes. Click HERE to register!

$150 – Registration on site at Hot Rod Powerfest West. Spectator tickets will go on sale soon.

The Details

Hot Rod Powerfest West
      September 26 & 27, 2015
      The Linq, 3545 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (event entrance 190 Winnick Avenue)

Show hours:

Saturday, September 26, 9 a.m.– 7 p.m.
      Sunday, September 27, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/news/1505-join...#ixzz3aXkP84wk

The first annual HOT ROD Powerfest East will bring enthusiasts from the southeastern United States together to celebrate performance car culture October 3-4, 2015 at “The Track Too Tough to Tame," Darlington Raceway. Powerfest East will be host to a wide range of vehicles from good old American muscle and street rods to high-end exotics, tricked-out tuner cars, 4x4s, and a selection of the best low-riders around. This destination event will bring fans across every age group and demographic in a festival atmosphere all sharing their love of horsepower.
      Here's just some of the stuff going on at the first annual Hot Rod Powerfest East:

Performance Midway
      Dyno Challenge - allows participants to see how much horsepower is under the hood
      Autocross Event - blends driver skill and machine capability into one exciting event
      Start Stop Challenge
      Friday Night Drags at Darlington Dragway (Friday, October 2 – Separate entry)
      Main Stage - performances and entertainment
      Burnout Competition – participants generate as much noise and tire smoke as possible
      Search for Miss Powerfest East – Cash Prize
      Hot Rod editors and photographers on-site, generating more editorial content than ever while searching for rides worthy of "Editor's Choice" awards

Show and Shine judging – outstanding rides in multiple classes, professionally judged
      Meet David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of ROADKILL, and see some of the show’s project cars firsthand
      Magazine Feature Vehicle Corral
      Lap the Track

Giveaways and more

We have other things in the works! Stay tuned to HOTROD.com for the latest developments.

Registration includes:

Vehicle entry, entry for driver and copilot, and one goodie bag.
      $50 - Pre-registration online from 5/12/15 through 11:59pm PST 10/1/15, when online registration closes. Click HERE to register!

$65 – Registration on site at Hot Rod Powerfest East.
      Spectator tickets will go on sale soon.

The Details

Hot Rod Powerfest East
      October 3 & 4, 2015

Darlington Raceway
      , 1301 Harry Byrd Hwy, Darlington, SC 29532

Show hours:

Saturday, October 3, 9 a.m.– 7 p.m.
      Sunday, October 4, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/news/1505-join...#ixzz3aXk6DTP9

Attached Images Attached Images    
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

Rules for autox similar to GoodGuys?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra 498 View Post
      X2, anybody hear about rules yet?
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Thought about it and it sounds like I'll be there. Worst case as a spectator, best case with the 71 Firebird in primer. Hoping for the latter.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Speedtech is planning on being there with a vendor booth showing off our new ExtReme suspension and we should have our C10 there too.

I can't find any updated info yet. Everything I've read is very generalized, I'm wondering if it might be, at least this first year, if you pass tech (or maybe not, after seeing the antics of the roadkill crew, lol!) then it's a run what you brung type event, just get in line and enjoy the experience. With as much as they have going on and as many people that could potentially show up, and considering your entrance fee allows you to enter all events, it would seem tough to be really organized with class rules and such other than you pick the event and get your car in line. Kinda makes me see in my head a Disney Cars scene where everyone's going to the state fair and once they get in the gate they all just go choose the ride they want to get in line for. Burnbout ride-3 Tickets. AutoX- 5 tickets, Drag race- 4 tickets... lol!

I'd like to bring Pumkinator down just to run the autoX. Not meaning to sound negative but it would be a bummer to pay that fee and only get one or two runs because of the crowd size. Hopefully they'll get some more info up within the next few weeks so we can see what they've got planned and clarify a lot of questions.

Anyone else behind the scenes that can give us some insight?
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 06-16-2015 at 07:44 AM.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra 498 View Post
      I think I heard that they were going to exclude only fast big block Cobras with horsepower well over 700.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

I am SOOO there! Provided uncle sam lets me get out of his grasp. Maybe the las vegas one, but for sure the south carolina one. Plus we're a huge fan of the roadkill show, and burnouts, and all that stuff...

I heard this was getting postponed, ...for perhaps a while. Anybody got insight on it?
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

It's official. The west event is cancelled. The east event is indefinitely postponed.
      Tom Pichette

Pit crew for Valerie Pichette and her 1988 Pontiac TransAm GTA "DragonLady"

Quote Originally Posted by Project92rs View Post
      It's official. The west event is cancelled. The east event is indefinitely postponed.
      Bummer. I missed this the first time around and was reading the info for the first time today because of this post. I guess they cancelled due to not enough early registrants?
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Bummer. I missed this the first time around and was reading the info for the first time today because of this post. I guess they cancelled due to not enough early registrants?
      Likewise Chad, I never heard of this event before seeing this post.

Darlington, SC is 1077 miles East of here. Las Vegas, NV is 1215 miles West. Split the difference and have the event in Ft Worth?

This seems like it's too far out to cancel due to lack of registered participants. I know I've never seemed to register for an event more than 2 weeks prior, but then again I usually don't know if I'll make it till 3 weeks prior... and I know I'm not the only one who doesn't know till that late in the game. By cancelling it this early, and both events, I wonder if there were other issues at hand, like from the Hot Rod, or the publisher TEN? Lame, because I was looking forward to this.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

takes alot of money and supporting sponsors/vendors. who knows?
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

I did want to confirm that the Hot Rod PowerFest West has been officially canceled. As for Hot Rod PowerFest East, it has been postponed with no new date confirmed. Unfortunately I was really looking forward to attending the West event. Maybe it will be back for discussion next year. As soon as I hear more info I will post it in this thread. Thanks everyone.

Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com