Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

convertible roll bar

I have a 68 camaro convertible that I would like to run at the motor state challenge at gingerman. I know I need a roll bar to go on the road course but I don't want a permanent bar. My question is, if done right, could I have a bolt in bar made so I can remove it when not racing and still be within the road course rules? Thanks
      65 corvette, RS chassis, LS3, TKX

Country Flag: United States
      That's exactly what Lynda Jacobs did to Wimpy (yellow 66 Chevelle Convertible).
      I think I know why they enacted the "no convertibles without rollover protection" rule
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

convertible roll bar

Are there any details on how she did it?

convertible roll bar

Anyone have any ideas? Where can I find the rules concerning convertibles and roll bars? I looked on the gingerman web site and emailed them about it but no response.

I'm pretty sure theses guys built Lynda's rollbar: http://www.compfab.com/
      So, you won't find any specs or photos

I've seen a few convertible rollbars at the Motor State Challenge that don't fit the NHRA guidelines...............but it's not NHRA.
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

Gents,
      dont mean to hijack post but i have to replace my top, can you recommend a manufacturer for a a stayfast replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by ragtop1968rs View Post
      I have a 68 camaro convertible that I would like to run at the motor state challenge at gingerman. I know I need a roll bar to go on the road course but I don't want a permanent bar. My question is, if done right, could I have a bolt in bar made so I can remove it when not racing and still be within the road course rules? Thanks
      Did you ever find a bolt in/removable rollbar?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGONSTERZ68 View Post
      Gents,
      dont mean to hijack post but i have to replace my top, can you recommend a manufacturer for a a stayfast replacement?
      Unless YOU are going to install your top yourself I suggest your let your installer purchase the top that they will install. That way if there is a problem the installer cannot blame the problem on the top your supplied.

If you are doing the top yourself there are several providers of stayfast tops such as Robbins, Electron, Hartz and more from which to choose. A google search will give you tons of options.

The only limitation to a Stayfast top is color. Any color you want except white.

Having said that "I" think a Stayfast cloth top is the only way to go!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

thanks, i wound up odering blk stayfast from ventura, ca based company on the recommendation of local installer. Recommended i buy it and save on the mark up.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com