Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Country Flag: United States

I don't want to be "that guy", but since we're dealing with this same issue at work, I gotta bring it up.

I think you'd gain a lot by moving the intakes away from the radiator. A little heat on the inlet of the turbo is a lot of heat on the outlet of the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
    I don't want to be "that guy", but since we're dealing with this same issue at work, I gotta bring it up.

I think you'd gain a lot by moving the intakes away from the radiator. A little heat on the inlet of the turbo is a lot of heat on the outlet of the turbo.
    I know it's not ideal, but there is literally no other way to fit all of it in. As it is, the exhaust has to go up and over the front tires before it can drop back down. There is an air/water intercooler on each side because given the space, an air2air wouldn't do much but block air. Just had to face the fact that Ford apparently didn't intend to have that much crammed in the front of these little cars

I can relate to what a packaging puzzle it is when installing anything other than a SBF in one of these cars, I am impressed how you managed to make room. I am installing a 3.5 V6 EcoBoost in a 64 Falcon(a bunch smaller package than your project) and just starting to work on packaging the turbo plumbing and intercooler. I do have a little extra room the move the radiator back a few inches to help with room for the intercooler can AC condenser.

Still need to get some inner fenders built, but they'll be more of a rock catcher/heat shield so I don't burn the paint off the fenders. Here is the piping for a2w. You can see the headlight buckets even had to be clearanced.

A 3.5 ecoboost should get your car to haul the mail pretty well. Not sure of what the dimensions are of them. I do know that a dohc 4.6 is wider than the 460 that was going to go in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    I know it's not ideal, but there is literally no other way to fit all of it in. As it is, the exhaust has to go up and over the front tires before it can drop back down. There is an air/water intercooler on each side because given the space, an air2air wouldn't do much but block air. Just had to face the fact that Ford apparently didn't intend to have that much crammed in the front of these little cars
    Sounds like you need hood scoops!

Quote Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
    Sounds like you need hood scoops!
    Yeah, I'm going to try and build something to grab some better air from the hood.

Holy crap! You plan on making that thing fly next? If it doesn't fly I'm sure the pavement will wince in pain. Looking damn good.

-High school friend

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3