Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: Immediate thoughts???

Voters
    12. You may not vote on this poll
    • Less Talk More Pictures......

1 8.33%
    • Take it to the scrap yard....

0 0%
    • Make it Light Make it Fast!

10 83.33%
    • This could be interesting.....

1 8.33%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      You are building it for me... How's it coming along anyway? :D

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I can check on it, which rep is handling it?

Getting close to being up to date. This was the morning I started assembling the front suspension.

Its currently mocked up at drive hight with som T channel in the coilovers position at ride height.

You can also see the Ballard Brothers brake conversion brackets that will be used for this set of C5Z brakes I scored from Bruce Raymond at Raymond's Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMIKE@ridetech View Post
      I can check on it, which rep is handling it?
      Well, I'm not sure. Ron Sutton ordered it through the normal channels as I recall because somebody was on vacation that week.

Think it was ordered around 04/21/2015.
      Lance

Are those metric spindles and if so, what are you going to use for a hub?

Front suspension looks nice and those brakes should work very well for you.

You measured and optimized the LCA mounting points before making the frame beautiful...right?
      Lance

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Are those metric spindles and if so, what are you going to use for a hub?

Front suspension looks nice and those brakes should work very well for you.

You measured and optimized the LCA mounting points before making the frame beautiful...right?
      Spindles are ridetech 2" drop spindles to get the truck down farther than the cars. Took the stock rotors and turned them down to accept the c5 rotors. Just ordered a set of arp studs for front today.

Tell me more about this optimizing mounts.... Thats the finest spray can black Walmart offers! knowing I have plenty to learn I wasnt about to powdercoat this thing.

Start about halfway down this page... You might want to pack a lunch though, it's a lot of reading.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hing-out/page3

I can tell you one thing, my LCA mounts were off from the factory...and by using Ron's methods to correct (and improve) them...it made a HUGE difference in how my front suspension handles. Yours will be easier to measure as you have easy access to everything right now.
      Lance

Start about halfway down this page... You might want to pack a lunch though, it's a lot of reading.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hing-out/page3

I can tell you one thing, my LCA mounts were off from the factory...and by using Ron's methods to correct (and improve) them...it made a HUGE difference in how my front suspension handles. Yours will be easier to measure as you have easy access to everything right now.
      And I now I have weekend plans... :-)

I had some extra time and read back through the thread myself this afternoon...tons of good info dished out in there.

Let me know if you have any questions when you dive in.
      Lance

Can't wait to see more of this truck. Love S-10's and Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMIKE@ridetech View Post
      Im building a narrowed G Body musclebar in .375 for this one. Are we building the .375 for you or someone else ?
      Little bird mentioned to me that I have a package on the way to me now... ;)
      Lance

Little bird mentioned to me that I have a package on the way to me now... ;)
      When I checked Friday it was due back from powder coating anytime.

Had some more goodies arrive late last week. Didn't get time until tonight to lay it all out and figure what I'm still needing. Picked up all new center link, inner tie rods, and idler arm from the local AutoZone. The like me there. I'm what you call a points chaser, I plan my purchases out as near to $21.00 as possible to get a point on each purchase. Space those out 20 minutes at a time and it adds up quickly. To bad my little helper gets bored while I'm parts shopping. BTW meet Spence my 14 week old Lab puppy. He is still getting accustomed to the shop life.

Steering goodies laid out with the billet tie rods and TruTurn components. No reason to reuse old parts that have god knows how many miles on them. NO WEAK LINKS!

The guys at Moser came through strong and quick on some axle goodies. Now when the front suspension is wrapped up the rear axle will not be holding up and fab work. Since I do not have a center section they sent me a nifty little template that bolts to the housing for measuring for axle shaft length. You can see still attached.

Can't beat a 2 day turnaround from supplying them the measurments to receiving parts on the doorstep. Moser Engineering kicks ass!

A couple other not as important parts showed up also. Front ARP wheel studs from Summit and a pair of Clamp-On axle tube brackets. I've been told all the cool guys are running them so I had to have a set..

Cute puppy!!!!
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

I don't see any bearings on those axles yet...which bearing setup did you order axles for?
      Lance

Quote Originally Posted by chevymike View Post
      Cute puppy!!!!
      Im kinda fond of him....

I don't see any bearings on those axles yet...which bearing setup did you order axles for?
      They were already en route when you mentioned the A20. I just told them what I was building and its purpose and they sent the sealed ball bearings. I don't forsee this ever being a long track truck (aero lacking), and when I asked them about the A20s they said "I would only use it in a “road race” application like mid Ohio or road Atlanta. Normally you would use a sealed ball bearing in a street application." The issue will be brake knock back correct? At this point gettign the rear suspension fabbed up becomes the next project. If it becomes a larger issue down the road I will probably look into just making it a full floater.

Love the Sdimes! Can't wait to see the progress
      Brandon Pursley,

Subscribed. I'd been bugging Blake for a while ;) to get those G Body Chicane brackets made up, and when I switched to coilovers we worked them out on my car. Really glad to see they fit the S10 frame too! I know of a local 1st gen S10 that's super dusty and buried under a bunch of junk in a car port just waiting for me to go bug the owner to let me have it, so I'll be following along to see how yours turns out.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Are you going to use a set of the double ball joint sway bar end links on this? Love those, but they are bit pricey! What about the ridetech link kit out back?

P.S. You know we have as site for just the S10s too, right? I'm sure there are a few guys over there that aren't here that would love to see this!
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com