Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help with Bilstein "Deflective Disc Valving" monotube

I bought some monotube coilovers second hand and am wondering how or if its even possible to adjust this design or how they will even handle/do out of the box. There is a setscrew in the bottom with a flat head and locking nut but its not obvious how they may be adjustable and I can't find any info or instructions online.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-Shocks-F4-VE3-4406-M1-36mm-Monotube-Strut-Assembly-GOLF-GOLF-Canadian-/301873564050

73 Javelin AMX

any insight?
      73 Javelin AMX

Most Bilstein shocks and struts are not adjustable. The ones that are have a very noticeable detente style knob. I have had both types and run Blistein's on almost everything I own, if they make it for the application.

Out of the box, I have been very happy with the ride and handling quality. I have had them on things from a street/track Miata's, classic cars and trucks, daily drivers and 4x4/offroad rigs. I have never been unhappy with them but I have with other brands over the years (KYB, Rancho, Koni, mainly vehicles where there has not been a Bilstein application).
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com