Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
      Awesome work, man!

Country Flag: United States
      thanks! Still have some window trim to polish and install and my rear seat area is basically untouched still but she is getting there. Time to get my stuff done for the big show the end of the year at the convention center, first time entering a car in this show that ive been to every year since i was born.
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

How do you like the AJE suspension?

Nice work, it looks great!
      I really like that color.

Aje stuff- front is great, used a big factory style sway and some longer links for clearance and she handles great. Rear is perfect if you use an 8.8 and that is it. 9” has some clearance issues and eventually I may go to a torque arm and set the car lower.

Looks great. Nice job!!!!

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Awesome build! Looking thru the build I didn't read where you mentioned what headers you used. Looking at them it looks like a sonoma or a generic swap (muscle car) short header.

Quote Originally Posted by jkman67 View Post
      Awesome build! Looking thru the build I didn't read where you mentioned what headers you used. Looking at them it looks like a sonoma or a generic swap (muscle car) short header.
      ebay LS swap headers , I used the same ones on my build . They are a nice piece .

Nevermind...found it....and watched video that was posted you mentioned that they are lsx swap headers. Just ordered a set .

so finally got my rear seat area done- ended up extending the metal rear panels out over the mini tubs, making a bead rolled plate for each end and welded and bodyworked it all smooth. Got the car done and cleaned in time for the World of Wheels show here in town and had my car there for three days, ended up placing first in Mild Hardtop...not bad! Also finished up my mini-mustang pedal car just before the show and took that down as well. Found it on line and had it welded up, body worked and painted to match my car within a month...way too much to even list on the pedal car.. Now im signed up for a couple track events, one being the Midwest MuscleCar challenge up in Indy in May. Track and autox, should be awesome! Currently have the rear end subframe out making more room for my upper control arms as the 9" is taller than the intended 8.8 rear that goes on this kit, so its bottoming out occationally into the subframe. Move a couple braces and it'll be happy. OH YEAH i also added a 69 camaro lower front spoiler to the car for aerodynamics and general badassery.

Name:  IMG_3705.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  249.2 KBName:  IMG_3727.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  243.9 KBName:  IMG_3962.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  201.5 KBName:  DBGY1730.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  189.3 KB

Congrats on the 1st place award! Very well deserved.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

car is in the air getting ready for the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge. Got my drive shaft stretched 3/4'' due to moving the rear end back and blowing the rear seal out now at high speeds. Wheels are off to powder coat for a color change and new tires laying here waiting. Higher front spring rates now installed and rear sway is back on. Need to test drive this week before we head out !
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Gorgeous car. Turned out great!

My god I love this car and the color is perfect.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Hi probably a little late , but I see you have grounded everything through the chassis, through a bit of reading and seeing others having electrical issues with ECUs and cdi units , we ran a seperate ground cable from the batterie forward and all electronics grounded there ,

i have two grounds motor to chassis, and a battery to frame ground in the rear- no issues so far

got the wheels back from powder just in time to load the car up for the Midwest Muscle car challenge. Track event went well, still feeling out the car abit and fresh tires, different springs etc- car did very well only issue was a shredded serp belt that i had a spare. My times were very consistant in the 1:24 at Putnam, not blazing but not slow, theres still some time there for me to loose. The autox the next day actually went very well and i made it into the 34 second range while the big dollar guys were into the 30-31 second range. Felt like my last run could have put me into the 33's but i fudged a corner so there ya go.

I did win a free optima battery charger and Bowler Trans picked my car to win a billet shift knob and arm- installed the arm very light weight and feels better in the car but i kept the white vintage knob - so if any one needs a bowler trans billet knob with holes in it like a wiffel ball i have a new one.

Also met some cool people there that ive seen in events but never in person. Jim from optima hung out at the trailer at the hotel talking for over an hour and i never realized he was an NBA pro etc etc - very cool guy! Lots of cool cars and people. My cousin will never forget it, first track event and autox ever, let him take the car out and do a couple laps on the autox and was ripping off 37s times! Hopefully be back next year!

Pics from mmc2019
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Awesome that you are out enjoying the car! Looking great.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Heck of a build, Somehow I read through the whole build. I am working on a similar project. Any chance you have a link to where you bought the transmission crossmember? I have not been able to find one similar to that.
      Thanks

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com