Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New guy w/ 79 Z28

I would just like to say Hello to everyone and let you guys know that this is an awesome website with lots of info. I look forward to hearing from all of you. Here is what I plan to post topics on:
      I recently bought a 79 Z28 Camaro with 31000 miles. From the factory is came with a close ratio 4 speed and 3.73 posi trac rearend. It's almost all stock except for a few engine mods. The mods consist of a Comp 262 cam with roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, TFS 23 degree heads, hooker super comp coated headers with a full true dual exhaust (which sounds great) and a Centerforce clutch.The car really needs some major updates to fit in with today so I just ordered Hotchkis 2" drop coil springs for up front and Hotchkis rear springs as well. Next is some new wheels and tires.

Country Flag: United States
      1fine79 congratulations on your find. That's pretty low miles for a '79. I too own a '79 Z28 4speed car. Mine came from a wrecking yard and I have been working on the thing ever since. (4 years? seems like forever)

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard!!

Hey dude, I have a 78 Trans am, I just bought all sorts of parts to fix up my car pro-touring (Brakes, wheels, suspension parts), all what was listed in your post. I may have to sell them, I may have gotten too far ahead of myself. Are you interested. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

John

Welcome to the forum John.
      William Rouleau
      Project PonySnake - '67 Mustang Fastback

Welcome!
      Lots of talented people here (not me of course lol)
      always something here new to learn. Glad to have ya!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com