Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Get a gps tracker. Then you can zero in on the car if it's taken. I agree that if someone wants it bad enough they will take it. Insure it to the point you'll be happy if someone steals it.

Having air ride laid out when parked outside or in garage. Good 2 way alarm system, that has a mile range. backup battery(case they cut battery), mini siren inside the car( will make ears bleed) tilt sensor, glass break sensor.

MSD "white wire" to a hidden toggle switch is an easy ignition kill switch FWIW
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I know this is late, it is a question I have been wrestling with for mine when she is done. I am considering the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is essentially a kill switch on your key chain. Here is the web site.
      http://www.ravelco.com/index.html
      Rodger

Get a secondary gps tracker from amazon. You can hide it anywhere in the car. It will NOT stop anyone from taking your car, but it will allow you to find it. You just call your alarm's phone number and it will text you where the car is (google maps link). You can set it up to text you as soon as your car goes X amount of miles away from a specific location.

I have it on my car and the only way to deactivate it is to disconnect the secondary battery. That's in addition to my regular viper alarm with various sensors. One of my cars was stolen...and towed away...I was able to track it fairly easily. I got in my car and found the tow truck with my car on it. I called the police and towed them the situation and that I was following from a safe distance. The police eventually caught up to the truck, arrested the tow truck driver, but they took my car for a while for evidence. I almost wish they would have just followed the truck to find the "chop shop" or wherever they were taking it so they could arrest everyone.

Any part numbers on this tracker? Tried searching but there are literally TONS of brands listed. Unfortunately living next to the border, it's a race to catch them before your car winds up in Mexico. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CapSS92 View Post
      Any part numbers on this tracker? Tried searching but there are literally TONS of brands listed. Unfortunately living next to the border, it's a race to catch them before your car winds up in Mexico. Thanks.
      Here is one GPS vendor I have heard good feedback on from:
      http://www.gpstrackingtracker.com/GPS/Blackwater

Keep in mind that most GPS are only as good as line-of-sight, if the car is inside a metal structure, enclosed trailer,
      concrete parking garage, they are nearly invisible.
      Lo-Jack is radio frequency, and will continue transmitting for an extended period, they also offer a GPS add-on for about $100.
      The Lo-Jack sounds expensive, but it is fixed price, no additional monthly service, etc.
      Most GPS services run $14 - $30 /month, same with the Viper w GPS, but it IS a killer alarm setup.

Whichever solution you get, It's still cheaper than your set of wheels, or a fraction of what is invested in the interior, engine,
      suspension, etc, etc..

Occasionally Lo-Jack has a $400 off promo.
      HTH
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

track the thieves..... then call the cops as it alerts you saying it is moving outside of the parameters you have set.... or simply because you came back and it was gone.

https://trackimo.com/

69 Chevelle 1000hp turbo LS, T56 Mag, JRi coilovers, Watts/torque arm 9", 14" Wilwoods, Recaro CTSv seats, cromo cage, a/c, p/s, built by Coffey Fab Nashville, TN.
      93 RX-7 1200hp turbo LS9, T56 Mag, 8.8", 9.3@163mph + 197mph 1/2 mile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com