Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

67 camaro problem removing quarter panel

I have a problem with the left front quarter panel bolt that is behind the door. The "nut" that is in the a pillar is spinning. I tried applying pressure behind the quarter panel the hold the nut in place enough to break the bolt loose but no luck. How do I get to that "nut" or clip. Can I get to it under the cowl? Eventually I will need to fix the problem to reinstall so I might as well tackle that now.

Thanks in advance.

Country Flag: United States
      Can you take a picture of it.. i think i know which one your talking about ,but i want to make sure it is the one i am thinking of

Name:  IMG_20150225_194556493.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  61.5 KB

Any ideas?

cut the head off and slide the fender off. With the fender off get a better view of it. Most likely remove the kick panel and grab the nut from the inside while someone backs the bolt out

I cut a hole into the pillar (door jam) then weld the nut to the cage. Or cut the nut out and put in a new one.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Hey thats the bolt..uh that bolt has a nut behind it that is welded inside the cowl, you can reach it from inside, take the kick panel off and go through where the vent come in from the cowl it will to take 2 people cause it is in a bad spot. good luck, thats a tough fix but it can be done.

I was trying to get the cowl off. Now the wiper arms are kicking my butt. Just not my week. I am going to try to get through the cowl first. If not I'll resort to cutting the bolt and drilling/welding it back togother. Thanks for the help everyone.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com