Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I thought I would share this cool tool for wiring. It prints on heat shrink tubing. You can get white or yellow with black letters. It does a nice clean job of identifying wires if you haven't installed the connector yet. It might slip of some smaller ones but I have not had to try it yet. I haven't tested it yet with under hood temps but I plan to soon. I will hang some junk wires under the hood of my daily driver to see how they hold up.

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Country Flag: Canada
      Hey Larry
      great tool where and how much $$$$ also any more info regarding two things...dse steilow housing ends ive emailed dse and they cant even be bothered to return a email. as well as the abs system did your guy come back to earth ?

ok make that 3 things where did you source those cup holders ...love em and wouldnt mind some myself

Thanks ryan
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

The heat shrink label tool is under $50 - http://amzn.com/B005MR516Y

I have no clue on the DSE ends. After watching this video I can only guess they won't be selling just the ends.

The cup holder came from Ebay - 2014 CADILLAC ESCALADE PLATINUM CENTER CONSOLE CUP HOLDERS W/ HEAT COLD-8013 http://r.ebay.com/euIPKA
      Larry Callahan

As always Larry .... Your the best ,thanks

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Larry,
      Quick question about the sound insulation. I have a new set of headers ordered for Dust Off and while the exhaust is out it seems like a good time to install the insulation. After installing yours, do you think the adhesive would hold the insulation in place without the use of screws? Speedway sells a large head pop rivet that I would probably use if I need a mechanical retainer.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Larry,
      Quick question about the sound insulation. I have a new set of headers ordered for Dust Off and while the exhaust is out it seems like a good time to install the insulation. After installing yours, do you think the adhesive would hold the insulation in place without the use of screws? Speedway sells a large head pop rivet that I would use if I need a mechanical retainer.
      I think if the surface was super clean and you never expect to hit cones autocrossing I think the adhesive would be fine.
      Larry Callahan

Making some progress on MotiV8r.

The dash insert for MotiV8r is wired. Since I am running a Racepak Smart Wire I am able to cut down on a lot of wires and shorten things up. The dash insert is removable with a few screws and will come out as an assembly with just a couple of plugs. I used the switch module and was able to wire the headlights, running lights, dome light, emergency flashers, windshield washer, Race Keeper cameras, rear window defrost, remote starter disable, floor lights, maps lights and more all to the module. Then it's just one small cable that goes to the Smart Wire unit. I plan to put another one in the center console to run everything else that I need switched. This should seriously clean things up. Being able to control everything as a pull to ground also eliminates about half of the longer wires.

Larry Callahan

It's alive! I powered up the Racepak IQ3s dash and the Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX. The dash insert is not ready to be installed yet. I just had too see what it looked like all plugged in.

Larry Callahan

That looks sweeeet!!!

I I I I I I I I ....Like it!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Very nice!
      Chris

That dash insert is a work of art! I heard the updates on the Musclecar podcast and had to check it out. Keep up the great progress, look forward to seeing it in Fontana! Thanks for the tip on heat shrink printer too!

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by 813Demon340 View Post
      That dash insert is a work of art! I heard the updates on the Musclecar podcast and had to check it out. Keep up the great progress, look forward to seeing it in Fontana! Thanks for the tip on heat shrink printer too!
      Me too, I've been hearing so much about it I had to drop back by and get caught up on the progress
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

That's sweet
      RacerX

Updates Larry.... Been awhile

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      I'm looking forward to having a decent stereo in MotiV8r. I've owned it for almost 30 years and in all that time it has never had working radio in it. I know I know, the sound of the engine should be all you need but you have to admit that after a few hours some tunes would really be nice. The many of the other features of the Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX will be nice as well. Navigation, Pandora, backup camera, hands free calls, voice commands, tire pressure monitoring and a capacitive touch screen will be nice as well.

Do you plan to use the tire pressure monitoring and if so what system are you using

We love seeing clean and carefully planned out wiring like this! The entire dash/cluster setup is beautifully executed and like nothing we've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Updates Larry.... Been awhile
      x2 You know we like updates!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life is in the way and I needed the garage space to work on the house. It's in storage and I should be back to work on it in about 6 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhood View Post
      Do you plan to use the tire pressure monitoring and if so what system are you using
      I would like to use one but I have not found one that would integrate well. I'm all ears if anyone knows of one.
      Larry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      Larry, I'm curious about something on your dash. the switches have some nice looking red labels around them, how about some details about the labels. looking for some ideas for a switch panel

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com