Login / Register

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Anything new with MotiV8r Larry?

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

It's time for a little MotiV8r update. Today I stopped by JCG in Oxnard to chat with Cris and drop off some parts. They have made a recess in the firewall to mount the ABS pump, mounted the new dash, hung the Gen IV Magnum Vintage Air evaporator and prepared the dash for my new Ididit tilt column. I had it built with a high/low beam control arm, an ignition switch that I can reach when I'm harnessed in and for future use I had them install a cruise control arm as well. I also dropped off my Classic Truck Consoles center column and a heated and chilled cup holder. Once the trans tunnel is cut out they will weld in the new Bolwer Transmissions trans tunnel and I will get busy wiring it. It's moving along nicely now!

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

With such a clean firewall, I'm surprised you aren't using the RainGear hidden wiper system.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      With such a clean firewall, I'm surprised you aren't using the RainGear hidden wiper system.
      The Detroit Speed Selecta-speed unit I installed in 2008 works well and it's already there. With 7 speeds and 5 delays I'm really happy with it.
      Larry Callahan

Whoa!!!!! Braking system video 1 of 2

In this video we show you the awesome Wilwood Brake system that we are installing in MotiV8r to bring the speeds down. It doesn't matter how much horsepower you have or how fast your car is if you can't reliably slow it down or stop it. Upgrading your brakes should always be a main priority when upgrading a car.

Larry Callahan

Recently I stopped by JCG in Oxnard to drop off some parts and check out the progress on the Bowler Performance Transmissions trans tunnel for first gen Camaros. It's a nice weld in piece that comes with the trans tunnel and the short piece that goes up the firewall. They are nice and thick and have the strengthening ribs on them as well. Once everything is trimmed to fit and welded in we will post more pictures.

For more info or to order one for yourself visit Bowler Performance Transmissions (who also sells stick shifts) at http://bowlertransmissions.com/

Below is an update. I need to move the NAV system to the right a bit. It's being covered by the steering wheel.

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 07-10-2015 at 08:50 PM.
      Larry Callahan

I'm also working with JCG on the dash insert for MotiV8r. The current thought is below. It will be an aluminum plate with my Racepak IQ3 Data logger dash, the Pioneer stereo/navigation system, Vintage Air control and air conditioning vents.

Larry Callahan

That dash is sweet

Very cool - I just watched all the Motivator LSA videos on YouTube - nice information clips!

Are you using the stock LSA front accessory drive?

That AC belt looks like a PITA to install - especially if the motor was in the car. On my LS2 there is a tensioner on there - and it slips on and off with ease.

Do you have a coolant reservoir for the blower intercooler picked out yet?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      Very cool - I just watched all the Motivator LSA videos on YouTube - nice information clips!

Are you using the stock LSA front accessory drive?

That AC belt looks like a PITA to install - especially if the motor was in the car. On my LS2 there is a tensioner on there - and it slips on and off with ease.

Do you have a coolant reservoir for the blower intercooler picked out yet?
      Thanks for watching! It is the stock GM accesory drive but it's not the exact thing from a CTS-V. I think some of the components are located in different places. You can order from Chevrolet Performance or many of the big online parts companies.

For the coolant reservoir I ordered the stock CTS-V unit. I'm trying to use as most OEM stuff as I can. I'll find it an post a picture of it soon.
      Larry Callahan

My Chevrolet Performance LSA E-Rod crate engine ships with the oil pan for a Cadillac CTS-V.

While it's a bulletproof pan and you should use it if you can I can't. It won't clear my Art Morrison sub frame. So, after some internet searching and talking to Cris at JCG I decided to go with a GM F-Body oil pan from a 1998-2003 Camaro or Firebird. GM Part # 12628771

I also ordered a trap door baffle kit from Improved Racing to the the oil where it needs to be.

I also ordered up a K&N oil filter Part # HP-1017. It's a great filter and I LOVE the welded on hex to put a wrench on

Since my C&R radiator has a built in oil cooler I ordered or a Lingenfelter oil cooler adapter and installed that as well.

When swapping out the pan I used the same sealer GM uses in the 4 corners to prevent an oil leak. You can get this stuff in a small tube like this or a cartridge for a caulking gun.

While I had the pan off and I was installing the new pickup and windage tray I got to take a look at the piston oil squirters. That was kind of cool.

So that's it for the engine changes. Now it's ready for the trans and for JCG to install it.

Larry Callahan

Looks good Larry, I have the same Lingenfelter oil cooler adapted for my LSA but my American Racing Headers put a header tube right between the oil adapter and the sensor you can see in your picture. The tube is only about 1/2" from the block. I think I'll need an adapter that points the hoses down and run them along the oil pan to the radiator.
      Wayne

Shock time!

I have decided to switch to a set of ridetech HQ monotube coilovers for MotiV8r. They are a great shock and I really look forward the better control they offer over the shocks we put on the car in 2008.

Check out the video below and learn why.

Larry Callahan

Im running into issues with my wilwood proportion valve. Its too close to the fender. Im looking for something like this. Art morrison sells it
      http://www.artmorrison.com/uploads/wilwood-225.jpg

I don't have any pictures of mine but it was mounted under the drivers seat on the side of the frame. This allowed me to open the door and reach under the car to make a change if needed.
      Larry Callahan

It's time for an exciting MotiV8r update: Thursday evening I was able I drop off my Chevrolet Performance LSA E-Rod and T56 Super Magnum at JCG Restoration and Customs in Oxnard. Last week I received my trans install kit which includes a block plate, a dual mass, dual disc clutch /flywheel for the 8 bolt crank, a bellhousing/scatter shield along with the hydraulic throwout bearing and every nut and bolt you need to put it all together. Both the flywheel and bellhousing are SFI certified and have the appropriate stickers on them. It's truly a complete kit in a box and all this can be found at chevroletperformance.com

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 08-02-2015 at 06:20 AM.
      Larry Callahan

Great news Larry. Is the tunnel back in or are they waiting to put the motor and trans in?
      Wayne

The CTS-V pan on my LSA crate engine fit perfectly in my Art Morrison subframe. Are you using the AME mounts and plates etc?

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Great news Larry. Is the tunnel back in or are they waiting to put the motor and trans in?
      We are waiting for the engine to be in place before we complete the Bowler trans tunnel.
      Larry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      The CTS-V pan on my LSA crate engine fit perfectly in my Art Morrison subframe. Are you using the AME mounts and plates etc?

Don
      That's great news and a bummer for me. I would have LOVED to have left the factory pan on it installed on the production line. I heard those pans and the pickup were bullet proof. I was told that it would not fit so I spent a bunch of time and money trying to replace it. Doh!!!

Have you spent any time on a road course with it? Any oil starvation issues if you have?
      Larry Callahan

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com