Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Found some door handle that fit the 36 Plymouth and almost match the stock ones. Anyone Guess what they are off of???

Wiring is almost done. Have just a few more things to extend then get everything cleaned up.

Third brake light smoothed in, its not clear coated in that way it can be taken out and replaced.
      Last edited by r.a.w.rods; 01-09-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: pics

Body matched undercoating done on the belly pans, inner fenders and splash shields.

New alumacraft Grill installed and trying to get some of the stock trim to fit!

Looking like a Hotrod!!

I assume that is a "paintable" undercoat with base/clear or single stage sprayed on top of it?

Country Flag: Canada

Country Flag: New Zealand
      That sure is going to be one stand out car!
      cheers Russell

My 1957 Pontiac Star Chief powered by a 5.3 LS with a 4L60E transmission, on 18" US Mags Big Slots.

The paint looks good, I like the grill it looks to be great quality.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

This is the SEM Rock it Tintable type, you have to make sure that the color is put in without the binders in the color. No Clear coating needed. I used about 65 psi to get the texture you see. I did put a white sealer down to make sure it would cover like the paint I used on the body. A dark sealer takes to much to cover. This is the 4th car I have done without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      I assume that is a "paintable" undercoat with base/clear or single stage sprayed on top of it?
      This is the SEM Rock it Tintable type, you have to make sure that the color is put in without the binders in the color. No Clear coating needed. I used about 65 psi to get the texture you see. I did put a white sealer down to make sure it would cover like the paint I used on the body. A dark sealer takes to much to cover. This is the 4th car I have done without any problems.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get this thing on the road.

I made a set of custom grill supports out of 1/2 aluminum and since the customer had to have lights under the hood I milled a 1/4 out from the bottom to flush mount some LED Lights.

Country Flag: Canada
      Droool��
      1971 chevelle LSA 700hp -

Pictures are awesome!
      Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by r.a.w.rods View Post

Thank you for the information. Your's really came out great.

Never did put that last pictures up of the 36 we finished back in aug 2019. It took a mopar pick at the 50th Louisville Ky nationals and a Elite 5 at the Fall Rod Run. This was the 4th Interior I have tired and the First Custom convertible top. I hope for 2020 the custom gets this thing out and drives the wheels off it! I put a link at the bottom with a build video on youtube if you want to see more of the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DuxjlPaXYk

Name:  20190801_205850.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  260.7 KB

Attachment 172068

Name:  20190719_151901.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  113.2 KB

Name:  20190729_215604.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  20190914_185842.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  154.3 KB

Name:  20190729_220855.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  240.8 KB

All the class it was born with, well done! I love the hot rods that don't stray far from the original look.

Really really nice build. Ticks lots of boxes.

I'm sure there's a story, but "RAW Rods" brings to mind a much less finished style (rat rod, tbh). Working at this level may be better represented by... say, a full name (if those are initials).

Not personally a fan of the gaudy colour- first thing I'd do is paint it a period colour, but I am sure that was a customer thing, customer is always... the customer.

JW Speaker headlamps?

That thing is Sweet!
      Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by iadr View Post
      Really really nice build. Ticks lots of boxes.

I'm sure there's a story, but "RAW Rods" brings to mind a much less finished style (rat rod, tbh). Working at this level may be better represented by... say, a full name (if those are initials).

Not personally a fan of the gaudy colour- first thing I'd do is paint it a period colour, but I am sure that was a customer thing, customer is always... the customer.

JW Speaker headlamps?

When I first made this post it was R.A.W. Rods witch was my dealership, but I also have my restoration shop witch is: Watkins Restorations. R.A.W. is my initials...

Yes the color was picked by the custom and being a mopar he wanted a loud color. In the end I love the color but like anything love it or hate it!

The headlights are: HEISE 60 watt LED with the Black face. Very nice lights and very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      All the class it was born with, well done! I love the hot rods that don't stray far from the original look.
      Thanks! We made just a few mods to the outside but yes the custom wanted to keep a lot of the original style. I wanted to go bigger on the wheel but he won out...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      That thing is Sweet!
      Thanks Motown, it sure breaks the necks going down the road.....

Quote Originally Posted by r.a.w.rods View Post
      When I first made this post it was R.A.W. Rods which was my dealership, but I also have my restoration shop which is: Watkins Restorations. R.A.W. is my initials...

Yes the color was picked by the custom and being a mopar he wanted a loud color. In the end I love the color but like anything love it or hate it!

The headlights are: HEISE 60 watt LED with the Black face. Very nice lights and very bright.

ah yeah, older guys with money nodding and seriously saying, "It's a Watkins car" ... has the right ring to it! Just sounds right being spoken by the higher end guys who have cashed out and are having fun with their money.

I'll have to check out the lights, have to admit I hadn't heard of them, glad I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by iadr View Post
      ah yeah, older guys with money nodding and seriously saying, "It's a Watkins car" ... has the right ring to it! Just sounds right being spoken by the higher end guys who have cashed out and are having fun with their money.

I'll have to check out the lights, have to admit I hadn't heard of them, glad I asked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com