Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
      I tried a couple of days ago welding the tabs with my mig welder. Guess it haven’t got the oomph for the thicker stuff so this evening my brother in law helped me stick welding the tabs in place.

Tried fitting the axle and in looks good with the shocks and everything on.

Next up is getting a new pinion yoke, measure for a new driveshaft and while that is cooking I will paint the rear axle and assemble it!

Attachment 177112
      Attachment 177113
      Cool project
      As for your welder you can heat the metal up with a propane torch before you start welding, that will help with penetration and give you a better weld.
      Keep up the good work!
      Thanks for sharing
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Country Flag: Sweden
      Just 1 More: The tubs is a bit of grimey work and I would recommend test fitting the four link before doing the tubs. That way you can more easily reinforce where the cradle will attach to the frame rails since they need to be notched. Have you decided on what four link?

David:Thanks! You are right and the same thought crossed my mind after the first mishap, but I went the lazy way and called in help!=)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
      Just 1 More: The tubs is a bit of grimey work and I would recommend test fitting the four link before doing the tubs. That way you can more easily reinforce where the cradle will attach to the frame rails since they need to be notched. Have you decided on what four link?

David:Thanks! You are right and the same thought crossed my mind after the first mishap, but I went the lazy way and called in help!=)
      Yes Sir, Doing the ridetech Bolt-On 4-Link with double R joints and coil overs. My issue is that a previous owner did a home made set of tubs, held in with sheet metal screws and seam sealer, a welded in upper shock relocation bar with tabs.. so i'll be cutting the old crap out and making patch panels to fix the goober stuff. They also did some trimming and rolling of the lips.. I think it was a drag car at some point in it's life. Not sure how the DSE tubs are going to match up or how the 4 link cradle will fit... but, i'll all come together somehow. You're more than welcome to stop by and lend a hand.. I'll offer unlimited beer & Pizza

Yes these old cars have stories to tell once you start taking them apart! Smart move getting the double adjustable r-joints to dial it in the way you want and perhaps compensate for minor inconsistencies due to manufacturing tolerances, previous owners and collisions. If you live close to Gothenburg, Sweden, I´ll lend you a hand and drink all your beer!;)

Rear axle primed. Glossy black on next and then the head scratching with building the axle will begin!
      Name:  IMG_0326.JPG
Views: 857
Size:  478.4 KB

Dewil
      Looking great keep it up.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Thanks Tankmaster!
      Primed the diff cover and will get some white paint for it tomorrow!
      Name:  IMG_0353.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  108.2 KB

With white paint
      Name:  IMG_0359.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  98.5 KB

Black paint on the axle housing- check. Next up is building the axle!
      Any ideas on how to set the proper pinion depth (with shims) without pressing and pulling the bearing races a million times?

Name:  IMG_0372.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  562.5 KB

Got some hours down on the axle today. I also came to the realization that it would be to hard work not having a shop press, so I got one before resorting to unnecessary hammering and cursing.

I took some good advice from here on the forum and also watched EricTheCarGuy on YouTube.
      Came together pretty well and I think the ring gear pattern looks pretty good.

Name:  IMG_0475.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  121.6 KB
      Honing the (old) pinion bearing so I can find out the proper stack of shims without to much hussle

Name:  IMG_0474.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  101.9 KB
      Getting these bearings on without a press would probably result in some sort of unhealthy frustration

Name:  IMG_0477.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  120.0 KB
      DiffInside TM

Name:  IMG_0478.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  78.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_0479.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  92.1 KB
      Pattern looks pretty ok I think. If anyone disagrees please don’t hold your peace!

Hi, fellow Swede here. I thought i should give you a tip regarding the driveshaft, i had http://www.northwestpropshafts.com/ make me a new one. 3,5" with built in slip yoke and 1350 universal joints (included) and it only cost 5600 SEK including shipping, took less than a week to get it too.

Im very satisfied with it

Name:  IMG_20200622_153430.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  164.6 KB

Thanks for the tip Håkan! Built in slip yoke was something I didn’t know existed. Will look in to that since next thing is to measure up and order a drive shaft!

Rear axle is done! Not really complicated but it takes a couple of tries to get it right so basically you build and tear the axle apart 5-10 times (at least I had to)!

Brakes mounted and I think it all looks pretty sweet!

Next up is measure for wheel & tire size, decide on A-arms in the front as well as steering box. Try to pick something up from a donor car or buy new? (Want something faster).

Name:  IMG_0505.JPG
Views: 634
Size:  403.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0506.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  471.4 KB

On the front steering box, I went with the AGR 12:1 box and I love it... PSC pump and Moroso remote reservoir

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...WTF?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      On the front steering box, I went with the AGR 12:1 box and I love it... PSC pump and Moroso remote reservoir

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...WTF?highlight=
      Thanks!
      Will look in to it!=)

Waiting for the tubular control arms I have started sanding the body. Looks pretty good all in all (so far). There were some small bubbles in the old paint job and all of them lead down to small stains in the metal. Gotta get rid of em!

One of the rear wheel arches look pretty crappy and will be replaced.

Name:  IMG_0564.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  397.1 KB

How do you keep your garage are so clean and dust free?? You must spend as much time cleaning up as you do working

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      How do you keep your garage are so clean and dust free?? You must spend as much time cleaning up as you do working
      Haha I don’t know about that. I frequently try to “zero” my garage when I have gotten some parts done though.

I spent some cash on a sander with a vacuum cleaner and it works great limiting the dust!

Name:  IMG_0565.JPG
Views: 487
Size:  44.8 KB
      My new best friend

Finished up the tank and used up some remaining raptor Bed liner I had left from my old pickup. Pretty happy with it!

Name:  Adjustments.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  534.9 KB
      Before
      Name:  IMG_0572.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  492.9 KB
      After

I know it’s been quiet here for a while but I have just had too many fun things going! Got a new full suspension mtb that needs to be ridden before everything turns to mush in the woods. Also got a new rifle so tricking that out and trying out ammo is another fun project.
      There will be lots of rainy days where the garage is the only option anyway!

I have gotten the car sanded down even more and it looks pretty descent underneath.
      Today I got a nice package from summit! Control arms and shocks!
      Also got the side mirrors in good time so I can weld old holes and drill new ones.

Name:  IMG_0837.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  422.2 KB
      Tedious work...

Name:  IMG_0838.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  122.5 KB
      Carbon on an old car is bad ass!

Name:  IMG_0836.JPG
Views: 351
Size:  615.1 KB
      Better handling here I come!

Dewill
      before dismantling my 67 I had a very healthy 327 about 410-420 go and had just done the upper lowers, Viking double adjustables and low profiles. Man it was like a. Whole new machine. Then after my 6 grand paint job went South I cut the whole car apart. Addressed all my Rust, so that required floor and. That required mini tubs a d that required a d that required etc.etc.
      Thee. I found an LS7 built by late mod racecraft out of a wrecked C6.
      Now it's like many builds on here.
      Totally out of hand LOL
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com