Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 98 of 98
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
    Dewill
    before dismantling my 67 I had a very healthy 327 about 410-420 go and had just done the upper lowers, Viking double adjustables and low profiles. Man it was like a. Whole new machine. Then after my 6 grand paint job went South I cut the whole car apart. Addressed all my Rust, so that required floor and. That required mini tubs a d that required a d that required etc.etc.
    Thee. I found an LS7 built by late mod racecraft out of a wrecked C6.
    Now it's like many builds on here.
    Totally out of hand LOL
    Haha that is the hardest part: stick to your plan (and budget).

    It is really nice going through everything and knowing all rust, for instance, has been addressed.

    Why did the paint job go south?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    303
    Country Flag: United States
    Had aa. Local Latino group have it and a dad and two sons worked together did nice work. Not SEMA but nice. One son that was really Into classic car rehab quit after dismantling my car. Other son got in fight wiith old man and thrower in jail. Dad tried to finish with mediocre help. I thought it was going to be fine because the block sanding looked so good. So I let them squirt it. Base coat was fine. Clear had some solvent pops on 3rd coat and they screwed up the stripes. Not crisp and clean where they turned over the hood and trunk edgges. I rod them 6 weeks re do, redo, redo, etc till I finally went and got it
    TANKMASTERJ

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Such a shame! I understand the feeling, trying to convince yourself it is no biggie but you know your not happy with the result. Much better to re-do and be happy!

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    303
    Country Flag: United States
    The shop it's at now is SEMA quality. But omg the bills
    TANKMASTERJ

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Yup paint can really skin your wallet!

    Yesterday I got one side fitted with the new a-arms, 1/2”taller ball stud and Viking shocks.
    Very straight forward!
    Will do the other side and then put the brakes on!

    Name:  IMG_0852.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  123.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0854.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  101.1 KB

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    139
    Country Flag: New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
    Yup paint can really skin your wallet!

    Yesterday I got one side fitted with the new a-arms, 1/2”taller ball stud and Viking shocks.
    Very straight forward!
    Will do the other side and then put the brakes on!

    Name:  IMG_0852.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  123.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0854.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  101.1 KB
    no spring pocket bottom control arm verison?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Winchester, KY
    Posts
    70
    Country Flag: United States
    I went with CPP's taller spindle/C5 brake setup whic you probably seen but at 750/set with the SK bearing upgrade(deletes the ABS line)in front
    and the Boyd 17x7 junkyard dog rim fit nicely. I just thought those tall ball joints work but goofy.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    GMC427: Yes thats right, went with the coil over version.

    GB68: Thats a nice setup. In my case the taller balljoints was just a cheaper way of getting the same effect and re-using at least some parts!

    Other than that I got the passenger side done yesterday evening. This side did put up a little fight and trying to get the rearward bolt in place was a bit of a pita. Anyhow, they are both in place now and next up is putting on the front brakes!
    Ill see if I can find the time this evening!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    303
    Country Flag: United States
    Great progress. I'm hoping to go see my car in paint jail tomorrow.
    Jason
    TANKMASTERJ

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Thanks Tankmaster, looking forward to see some pics of it!

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    Country Flag: Sweden
    I like your machine work and all the little nice details!

    Greetings from another Swede!
    Henrik

    "Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Hi Henrik, thanks!
    I took a look at your project and your fab work is amazing! really impressed!=)



  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
    Hi Henrik, thanks!
    I took a look at your project and your fab work is amazing! really impressed!=)
    Thank you very much Sir! Where do you live? I live in Västerås.
    Henrik

    "Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyz240 View Post
    Thank you very much Sir! Where do you live? I live in Västerås.
    Westcoast here! Gothenburg. When do you plan to have your build finished?

    My plan is 26th of May next year.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
    Westcoast here! Gothenburg. When do you plan to have your build finished?

    My plan is 26th of May next year.
    OK!

    No plan, but it'll take a few years.

    That was a very specific date! Any special reason?
    Henrik

    "Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyz240 View Post
    OK!

    No plan, but it'll take a few years.

    That was a very specific date! Any special reason?
    It´s me and my wives anniversary day so it would be great to be finished by then so we could use it going to a restaurant or something (and also having that goal should make it easier for me to spend time in the garage).

    Looking at whats left it might be tight, knowing that everything takes longer than anticipated. The plan ahead is:

    Measuring for exact wheel/tire combos. What will fit? Order the right sizes
    Buy new or old steering box to get faster ratio steering.
    Sand down the remaining paint (50 percent done by now)
    Weld some holes, change some parts that were rusted through
    Body filler, sanding, primer, paint, clear.
    Fix interior. High ambition and want to do all the work myself. Sewing leather seats, build a rear seat/sofa, mould carbon center console, etc.

    5 and 6 are time consuming tasks that can really get out of hand.
    I don´t want to start running the car having it 90% done since it´s a high risk of the remaining 10% never happening.

    Got the front brakes mounted this weekend. Driver side no shims required and the caliper centered nice. Passenger side i need to shim the bracket closer to the disc.

    Name:  IMG_0905.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  102.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0906.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  114.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0907.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  430.1 KB

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    303
    Country Flag: United States
    Nice progress. And allthough goals are ambitious they definitely keep us going.
    Keep ity up
    TANKMASTERJ

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    Country Flag: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewil View Post
    It´s me and my wives anniversary day so it would be great to be finished by then so we could use it going to a restaurant or something (and also having that goal should make it easier for me to spend time in the garage).

    Looking at whats left it might be tight, knowing that everything takes longer than anticipated. The plan ahead is:

    Measuring for exact wheel/tire combos. What will fit? Order the right sizes
    Buy new or old steering box to get faster ratio steering.
    Sand down the remaining paint (50 percent done by now)
    Weld some holes, change some parts that were rusted through
    Body filler, sanding, primer, paint, clear.
    Fix interior. High ambition and want to do all the work myself. Sewing leather seats, build a rear seat/sofa, mould carbon center console, etc.

    5 and 6 are time consuming tasks that can really get out of hand.
    I don´t want to start running the car having it 90% done since it´s a high risk of the remaining 10% never happening.

    Got the front brakes mounted this weekend. Driver side no shims required and the caliper centered nice. Passenger side i need to shim the bracket closer to the disc.
    Ambitious goals! I like that you want to do it all by yourself! I am the same! Best of luck!
    Henrik

    "Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5