Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Country Flag: Sweden
    haha... "over here"? I almost regret signing up on this forum seeing all the "no compromise" builds around. Makes you want to start from scratch with new subframe, fourlink, custom axle, tranny, Engine.... but thanks! =)

I will have to make some spare braces and post them in the buying and Selling section. ;)

The tubes are 25mm in diameter with 1,25mm wallthickness. Bought them here in sweden but I bet you can find any size you want, for less $ on ebay.

Small update on the lid. More sanding ahead to make it more organic and smooth. Will se if I buff it upp or anodize it.. If I could get my red dye to work it might be nice!
    Name:  B0816827-07AB-4C35-BAF2-2AE6A2F1E5FB.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  44.7 KB

I had to rethink the lid because the original design built to much and would interfere with the hood.
    New vented design.
    Name:  0802FAA7-B06D-45B7-B974-8B1447F4CF3C.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  90.5 KB

I had a guy Contact me wanting to buy my Wheels and brakes. To remove the rear brakes you need to remove the axles. When doing so I found that the diff has somehow rubbed agains the pinion. The diff also sits loose with 2 mm play in any direction.

The way I see it I have two options. Either repair the existing gm10 8,2 rear end, spending Money on it. OR buying a gm10 8,5 and spending Money on it instead, getting a tougher axle. Option 2 seems better.

While Im at it why not keep spending Money and get it the way I really want it?
    Im thinking: Truetrac diff, nice diff cover, ridetech 4 bar, coilovers, dse minitubbs, meaty tires!

Any tips, opinions? Am I thinking straight?

I've seen a couple pics of your car posted over the years, I've always wanted to see more of it. Nice to see what you've got going on.
    Traven

Ok so itís been a while.. 4 years! Got my second daughter and just didnít have the time to keep it up. And if you are a parent you know how the first year is. That is no excuse to let my poor car sit and wait three additional years!
    Anyhow, motivation is on top and I have started the project up again.

In my last post I wrote about the crappy axle, have gotten the things to make a stronger one.
    Gm 8,5
    Truetrack diff
    Moser 31 splines (I think)

Also got a shipment of Wilwood brakes,
    Ride tech four link with coil overs and dse mini tubs.

After tearing out a super nice stereo system, seats, carpet, springs, shocks etc I have now started cutting out to fit the tubs!

When the tubs are done I will sand down/rough up the old interior paint and use a good protective 2k primer to make sure it stays solid.

After the four link is in place I will be able to measure wheel spacing to determine rims and tires.

I am also considering guldstrand mod or tubular arms, another steering box with faster ratio.

After all mechanical stuff is done I really look forward to paint and interior. Right now I am thinking blue-greyish with some sort of black stripes and blacked out chrome.

Interior I am actually thinking of sewing leather seats myself, alcantara details, carbon fiber moulding and lots of lathed aluminum parts.

Iíll keep you posted and probably also ask for your advice! Be safe!

Name:  IMG_5193.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  358.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_5187.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  96.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_5192.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  256.8 KB

Country Flag: United States
    Man, I was wondering what happened.. Glad to see your back at it, keep us informed how you're coming along. I think everyone here knows how important family is! keep up the good work though.

Carl Wilson
    1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
    Man, I was wondering what happened.. Glad to see your back at it, keep us informed how you're coming along. I think everyone here knows how important family is! keep up the good work though.
    Thanks! Will do. Yeah family is all that matters when it matters but I did promise my oldest daughter that we would go on a road trip, involving lots of ice cream, when the car is done. Gotta keep that promise while she still wants to hang out and still eats ice cream!;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2