Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1969 Camaro "Lillian"

So I figured I might as well start a thread on this built. I have had the car for a few months now and have been collecting parts. This entire project actually started with an entirely different car with an entirely different direction. I pickup up a 69 pro street car about 6 months ago intending to build a true pro street car. After collecting a few parts and coming to the realization I really didnt want a pro street car I ordered all new sheet metal for the car to to take it back to a stock body car and remove the ladder bar backhalf on the car. A few days after I placed the order I ran across this car about 30 miles from where I picked up the first car. While significantly more money all of the sheet metal was already done and probably saved me about 2 years worth of build time vs. if I would have used the other car. I made a deal and headed that way with the trailer. The previous owner had owned the car for about 10 year and started on the ground up restoration when the project got put on hold about 5 years ago. He provided me with all of the picture he had of the car so I have documentation of everything. He found the car in a storage yard in need of some serious help so he pulled it out and sent it off to the Goodmark installation center in Georgia. By the time he got it back pretty much everything except the inner supports, passenger side floorboard and firewall had been replaced. He had the entire interior sprayed with lizard skin and the body, high fill primed, sanded and color primed.

This is where I come into the picture. I picked up the car in Lillian Texas so I figured this was a fitting name for her. The car was originally a Hugger Orange SS and since all the door jams and the undersides of the panels are painted that color she will be staying Hugger Orange. I currently have a full ride tech front suspension installed in the car with shockwaves but I think they are going to be swapped out for coilovers by the end of this. I am in the process of installing DSE mini tubs and subframe connectors. The rear suspension was ordered from Speedtech as well as the rear axle. Roger has been great to deal with and always helpful.

This is how the previous owner found her. He had the car for several years and sent it to the Goodmark Installation center to have the sheetmetal replaced.

The day I picked her up:

The project begins:

Country Flag: United States
      Looking good.

I forgot to take pictures the DSE SFC install. It was easier than the mini tubs but not the easiest job I have ever done. Im was working on the brake lines and starting to plan the fuel lines when the project took a little bit of a left turn....

Needless to say the single pump vaporworx setup was not going to be enough. The motor is a 6.0 Iron block with forged pistons, stock rods and stock crank. Here is the fun part..... its 11:1 compression so I am going to run it on e85 and hope I can turn the timing back to run it on 93 if take a longer trip.

Got most of the supercharger drive parts installed, heat exchanger, and radiator.

Had to pull the front end back off the car and pull the engine back out to modify the passenger side motor mount to give me enough room for a low mount a/c compressor. I think I found a setup that will work from Street and Performance but there is no telling until it gets here.

Wicked setup
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

Country Flag: France
      Bada$$ car !
      I love the wheels...
      Awesome work !
      Gil

Country Flag: Greece
      What size wheels and tires are you running?

18x9 265 fronts, 18x12 335 rears.

Had to upgrade the clutch from the LS7 I installed originally.

Not the greatest picture but I swapped out the Wilwood brakes to Baers to bring the front track width in .38. I had a run a small .160 spacer to clear the calipers. The Hugger Orange calipers do look good behind the black wheels thought.

So after all my trouble trying to low mount an a/c compressor with the holley motor mounts I gave up and ordered a setup from C1 pulleys. I got it all installed only to figure out my NW throttle body would not fit. I reached out to Sean at CBM motorsport and he was really helpful with getting me the pics and info I needed to be somewhat confident in ordering their throttle body. It fit but just barely and I had to take the butterfly out and rotate the shaft 180 degrees to mount the TPS sensor facing towards the rear. The TPS sensor then hit the supercharger snout so I had to clearance it a little but it looks like I have it mostly worked out. Now my problem is the throttle body is close close to the alternator bracket I am not sure how I am going to get a silicone coupler on there.

I thought about possible using one of these but dang they are expensive.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=1628

Im also waiting on a email back from Kevin at C1 as to if he thinks the notch at the alternator could be made a little larger.

If the bracket can't be clearance any more how about tig welding a small extension to the front of the throttle body long enough to get your silicone tube or a clamp on it?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

My new ricks tanks showed up yesterday. This is their new stamped tank that can either their billet hat or a GM 5th gen fuel module. I opted for their billet hat with two Walbro 450 pumps installed since I will be running E85. The second pump will be turned on under boost controlled by the Holley HP EFI.

Wow, nice job on the car. Looking great.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com