Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Thanks Fuelie, I appreciate the effort!

Country Flag: United States
      My 11" fans are rated at 18 amps each for a total of 36 amps. That is to much for the C6 controller unless I ran 2 of them. I think I will give the Derale pwm 16795 kit a chance with a power relay to the unit controlled by the ignition voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
      My 11" fans are rated at 18 amps each for a total of 36 amps. That is to much for the C6 controller unless I ran 2 of them. I think I will give the Derale pwm 16795 kit a chance with a power relay to the unit controlled by the ignition voltage.
      I think my fans pull a lot of amps also, I have to check. The reason I want to go with the C6 setup is I need to set up a 1D table to raise my idle at high fan load. I can't do that with the Derale because no input in the HP for PWM. Using the C6 would already have the PWM info in the HP for the table. I am just worried one C6 is not enough. Plus I need the A/C trigger for the fans (trinary switch you guys are talking about I guess?)

On another note, is the A/C idle kick in the HP just a temporary couple second kick or is it constant? If it is constant then I might stay with the Derale, or figure out how to run one fan on the derale and one on the C6.

I set up a 1D table to raise the RPM when the A/C kick is enabled, based on IAC offset % and coolant temp. Also based on low RPM drop.

I will fire it up tomorrow and check my settings.

I have a LS3 based 427 motor and when the A/C kicks in you cannot tell rpm wise. So that is not an issue for me. Now with the cam and all, my motor idles at 800rpm so that might make a difference.

I setup 1 advanced table for A/C kick and 1 for below 700 rpm to open up IAC based on coolant temps to keep it from stalling. We shall see when I drive it, hopefully it won't bobble and stall with the fans on high. Also installed new Derale with correct sensor, noise filter, and it works perfect, also A/C kick for fans works perfect( especially when you have a non broken stud to put the wire on in the controller ).

Quote Originally Posted by TBART70 View Post
      Also installed new Derale with correct sensor.
      Details? Mine is on order and should be here this week.

let me know what info you need. I will post up pics or you can PM your cell# and I will text them.

Quote Originally Posted by TBART70 View Post
      Funny thing about Derale, I broke off the a/c bypass post last year, I needed to finally get the a/c working. I purchased a new unit to replace the one I broke. I hooked it up last week and could not get it to work, a/c bypass or the actual pwm fans. I called and was told it was a voltage problem. I put in the old controller and they worked. Put back the new One and nothing. If I did not have a sensor bypass switch wired in, it would overheat. I adjusted the potentiometer as far as the voltage would go and it would not turn on. I called Derale and got someone else on the phone. He had me bypass the system and test with an ohmmeter the sensor from the old and new controller. He said according to the serial number the sensor I have in the car and the sensor in the box were wrong for the new controller. He is sending v me a new sensor and a noise filter.
      Read this again please.

OK, thanks.

Now that summer is back, I need to get this upgrade installed on my ride. I'm running the Holley Dominator with an LS7 in a 70 Chevelle. Other than the harness for the ECM and plug for the GM module, is there anything else? I have dual Spal fans. Anyone have the connector for the module?

Body (Qty 1)
      478-9440101
      $8.58

Large Terminal (Qty 4)
      478-23124472620060
      $3.45

Large Terminal Seal (Qty 4)
      478-10800472742091
      $0.77

Small Terminal Seal (Qty 1)
      478-10800444522091
      $0.10

Small terminal plug (Qty 1)
      478-10800472631091
      $0.12

Small Terminal (Qty 1)
      571-2-964286-1
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by terrydmorgan View Post
      On its Facebook page, BP Automotive says that it is introducing an AC drier that includes 2 ports - a port for the binary switch, and a metric port for the AC pressure sensor. Looks like the ideal configuration for a setup like I've been attempting. No word yet on pricing, but I have a couple of inquiries pending.

Do you know the length off hand?
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

E67 ecu swap

Parsonsj, I have an ls3 376/480 running on an e67 gmpp. Can I just get a production car e67 ecu, reflash it to a stock 6,2 c6 tune and go from there? I noticed all the n/a ls3 seem to use the e38 ecu, but the gmpp shares the e67 with the ls9. Does any of that matter?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com