Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Cars/body styles you once hated but now like?

This site is flat out awesome with all the different brands and body styles. Its made me take a look at what I've not liked that much over the years but have now grown on me as I get older. Here are a couple examples of how I've changed;

1. 73-77 Malibu/Chevelle - OMG....I would have just as easily tossed in two full gas cans in one and tossed in a match than ever have to look at another again. As the years have passed and there has been some really cool paint/engine/suspension combinations that have really softened my view of these years. I'm a die hard 64-72 Chevelle guy and its nice to add in a few more years.

2. Wagons. ANY wagon. ALL wagons. Maybe because I grew up in a time where having a big, ugly station wagon to haul around the family was normal. Like the later Malibus, these have grown on me big time. They catch my eye every time I see one at a car show, Good Guys, etc. Love em!

3. 4 doors. Until I bought my crew cab Silverado in 2009, I had never owned a 4 door driver. Scrapped a few, but never drove one around. Perhaps its the skyrocketing cost of early 2 door cars that have given the 4 door more popularity. Some really nasty 4 door builds out there. Fun to see them cruising around

Ok. Got any that you have changed your mind on over the years?
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

Almost every single mopar from 1966-1973 expect the Charger, E bodies, Daytona/superbird and plymouth fury.
      I always felt they looked so boxed up compared to other cars of the time, the lines really didn't seem to flow. A few months ago i saw some buried treasure: a 1973(?) plymouth duster twister special. Don't know what happened but now i'm starting to like mopar body styling

Mustang-II and 73+ GM Abodies. ..still dont love them but theyre ok with me now
      still think early 64 65 barracudas are hideous bathtub looking cars
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      still think early 64 65 barracudas are hideous bathtub looking cars
      No argument here. The '67 to 69 'Cuda is a different story. I never cared for the looks of them untill a close friend bought a '69 Formula S with a 340 four speed combo. I thought he was nuts but it didn't take long for it to grow on me.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

third gen camaros... end of thread

C4 corvette!!! After my 71 Camaro is done I'm getting one and dropping a erod crate motor and t56 into one!!

I got on the C4 bandwagon once I seen how cheap they have become. Ive never been a big fan of newer corvettes but its hard to argue the bang for the buck they provide.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

Mavericks
      1969 Firebird 455HO, TH400, 12 Bolt 3:42, 17X9 Snowflakes w/ 275/40R17 Nitto's, Hugger Orange Imron, Aug 1987 Car Craft cover car.

Probably in the minority, but it was Nova's for me. Pro touring Nova's that are low and mini tubbed made me change my views on them.
      Stephen

Mustang IIs.....yeah those will probably never grow on me. No spank you.
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

I used to detest ANYTHING FORD!!.....now I actually like a 67 Mustang. And some of those 68 Torino/Cyclones are cool but mostly because they were Nascar's
      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Mustang II,.. gawd awful ugly car, well at least thats what I thought in high school and turned down an opportunity to buy a really nice low mile one, cheep... now i'm trying to find one for a project because well damn it I like them now!

Full size 70-76 GM convertibles. Growing up we had a 73 Caprice Classic convertible in dark mustard (*****) yellow and white interior, white top. I hated that car-even changing the top to black didn't help. All that god awful trim- horrible.

A few years ago my dad shipped that exact car to me and said 'make it cool'. Went with 2004 GTO red, white int, whit top and some clean 20's. Everyone, including myself loves that car. Put a billet grill on it and a big stereo- just a fun kinda-gangsta car.

2nd gen camaros. i started paying attention to cars in the early 90s and those just looked like a cockroach to me. then in the early 2000s they started to get my attention. mostly the steel bumper ones. still dont care much for the plastic bumper ones.
      71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
      2nd gen camaros.
      I have always liked the Big Bumper cars, '74 to '77 Camaros and the '75 to '77 Vegas.
      Quote Originally Posted by bryant
      still dont care much for the plastic bumper ones.
      That makes at least two of us.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Used to not be a fan of the Corvairs but in the past few years, I'm starting to see some beauty to them (when done right)

idk if i hate any old rwd car honestly. avanti is pretty ugly but id still take one.

AMC Pacer

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

When car season comes.nack around ill post.up a really bad ass looking corvair for you..it changed my view on them
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

As I get older the more I've opened up to the idea that anything can be made to be cool... Still haven't warmed up to supras though.. Lol
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com