Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the info. The holes in my condenser don't match up with the heat exchanger. Looks like I need to drill out the mounting holes in the condenser.

Quote Originally Posted by snappytravis View Post
      I don't know about instructions on the internet, I can tell you on the top of my head that the spacers go in the bottom of core support to keep from collapsing the support when you tighten the nuts and bolts up.The bolts I installed from the back side and spacers from front then lower heat exchanger brace then flat washers and nuts. You have to have radiator out I do believe to get to the holes in lower support. The L shaped bracket goes to the top between the latch and support. I had to notch out the ac condensor, The strip that has all the holes along the top of condensor. Your hood latch will have to be modified some as well. When you go to open the hood, When you pull the safety latch it wants to force the latch into the condensor. Just watch out for this, The condensor bolts to the heat exchanger. Then It all goes in together. Hope I helped a little.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Tried to assemble the system today, but the Vintage Air condenser is significantly out of square. The C&R heat exchanger looks spot on. I tried drilling out the mounting holes in the VA condenser a little bigger to account for the misalignment, but can only drill the holes a little bigger and that's not enough to align the two parts. Looks like I'll be on the phone with Vintage Air Monday morning. This is the part of the build I dislike the most - things that are supposed to fit and don't.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydmorgan View Post
      Thanks for the info. The holes in my condenser don't match up with the heat exchanger. Looks like I need to drill out the mounting holes in the condenser.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Wow that's way off. I haven't looked at mine yet to see if its close.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I hope this is an unusual situation for Vintage Air, and they'll be able to send me a replacement that bolts right up. Fingers crossed that I don't see more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Wow that's way off. I haven't looked at mine yet to see if its close.

If you end up using this one maybe a little smaller diameter bolt to allow some wiggle room in a few of the holes?
      Wayne

The C&R heat exchanger has capture nuts in place, so I don't think I'll be able to switch to smaller bolts. If you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could check yours to see if you have a similar problem.

If you end up using this one maybe a little smaller diameter bolt to allow some wiggle room in a few of the holes?

The C&R heat exchanger has capture nuts in place, so I don't think I'll be able to switch to smaller bolts. If you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could check yours to see if you have a similar problem.
      OK, Not a problem I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.
      Wayne

OK, Not a problem I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.
      Terry, I went in the cellar and put the A/C condenser on my Heat exchanger and it all lined up. Some of thee holes were close, but the button head screw are thin enough that they all went in. So its got to be the A/C condenser. I did tap one of the mounting brackets to help one line up.

Here are a few pictures of it mounted.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. Looks like I just got a bad one. I'll talk to Vintage Air in the morning.��

Terry, I went in the cellar and put the A/C condenser on my Heat exchanger and it all lined up. Some of thee holes were close, but the button head screw are thin enough that they all went in. So its got to be the A/C condenser. I did tap one of the mounting brackets to help one line up.

Here are a few pictures of it mounted.

Glad to help.
      Wayne

I hope this is an unusual situation for Vintage Air, and they'll be able to send me a replacement that bolts right up. Fingers crossed that I don't see more of the same.
      Terry Did you ever get this problem straightened out with V/A ?
      Wayne

Terry Did you ever get this problem straightened out with V/A ?
      VA suggested that the condensor is made out of aluminum and could be "moved" pretty easily to straighten it out. Tried it tonight and they were right. It straightened up enough to mount on the C&R heat exchanger. I'll put the whole setup in the car this weekend.

guessing place the radiator on the corner and push down on it? Sounds like easy fix

Glad to hear its mounted.
      Wayne

Do you guys know if these are still available? I think one of these would be the ticket in my project especially since I plan on vintage air soon after the Maggie 2300

Yes, they are still available contact Paul at C&R [email protected]. Paul will hook you up! I've been out in the garage a few hours a day trying to put mine in.

Wayne
      Wayne

Yes, they are still available contact Paul at C&R [email protected]. Paul will hook you up! I've been out in the garage a few hours a day trying to put mine in.

Wayne
      Sweet, thanks!

Wayne
      Post up some pics when you get it stuffed in there!!

I started fitting up my Heat Exchanger and condenser this week. I'm leaning mine back towards the radiator support by spacing the top bracket from behind the mounting point of the hood latch. I will need to make a taller aluminum bracket for the top of the HX. The top of the condenser has been notched already and the hood latch is being trimmed. I made a cardboard template of the bracket that mounts to the Rad support, hood latch, upper and lower valances to see how much I need to trim the bracket..

Wayne

This is kicking my butt, I say uncle! I'm going to put a cable operated hood latch and be done with it.
      I'm using a thread posted by 1967ls2 located here https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...cable+operated one good thing, this forced me to finish my compressor hook up. Nothing fancy just a filter and regulator.
      Wayne

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com