Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by David LaBuda View Post
      Quick update, I was able to add reverse lockout function using HP Tuners. I had set the transmission program to manual but I still wasn't getting anything to the solenoid so I sent an email to online support. They sent me a customized 2.25 beta version of the vcm editor with the option to turn on the reverse lockout solenoid. I just used the pinout from an 04 vette to figure out the wiring. It works great and I can set when the solenoid engages and disengages just like it was a factory option.
      I had to do something similar with our GTA after swapping the automatic for a T56 Magnum. The 2.25 beta lets you segment swap from automatic to manual transmission and then set all of the related parameters. Now I'm just tuning for the low rpm lug that we get with the manual that was soaked up by the torque convertor on the automatic.

Tom Pichette

Pit crew for Valerie Pichette and her 1988 Pontiac TransAm GTA "DragonLady"

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      anyone know which is the vss reference and the vss signal wire for the gmpp kit using the t56 magnum?
      BUMP

I unplugged the vss connector and tested the OHMS between each one of the two wires and ground. They were both the same. I did this with the battery connected and ignition key in the off position. Am i testing the resistance correctly? I was expecting one to be 0 between the wire and ground and the other to have a signal.

ran the samco yellow wire to the purple vss wire. Works great

ran the samco yellow wire to the purple vss wire. Works great
      Good you got it working as it should be. There are lots of people running a switch or just forcing it into reverse because they don't know how to wire this in.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Why would they have to force it into reverse? The purpose of the lockout is to lockout reverse. Without it you can accidently put it into reverse instead of 5th.

Why would they have to force it into reverse? The purpose of the lockout is to lockout reverse. Without it you can accidently put it into reverse instead of 5th.
      The reverse lock out solenoid is active when there is no power to it. Adding power allows you to shift into reverse easily. You can still use brute force to get into reverse and it will keep you from shifting into 5th...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Didn't know that. I had everything else hooked up bUT the vss signal wire too it. Thanks for the info

Didn't know that. I had everything else hooked up bUT the vss signal wire too it. Thanks for the info
      From my understanding it uses the VSS to open the trigger and allow shifts into reverse at speeds below 5mph. Thats why the VSS is needed.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Sorry to bring up an old thread am I right in seeing that on an E67 pcm I just need add a pin or tap into pin 8 on the C3 connector and bring that wire to the solenoid and take the other wire from the solenoid to a switched power? Seems pretty easy to forgo spending $100 on a reverse lockout module. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarson25 View Post
      Sorry to bring up an old thread am I right in seeing that on an E67 pcm I just need add a pin or tap into pin 8 on the C3 connector and bring that wire to the solenoid and take the other wire from the solenoid to a switched power? Seems pretty easy to forgo spending $100 on a reverse lockout module. Am I missing something here?
      I added that pin and wire and it worked for me. The other side of the RLO solenoid is connected to switched ignition on 12v. This is assuming your ECU has a good VSS signal from the transmission so it knows at what speed you're traveling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com