Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Agreed. KISS! And I think what you describe would look great in this car Andrew! Are you going to put a filter on the end of your nylon hose?

Mopar did something similar to what GM with the vapor-liquid separator FWIW...
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I may use a filter on the end, but I am not 100% sure.

I think the Mopar system used a vented cap. The older Mustangs and Cougars used a sealed cap. A vented cap is needed to address point 1 in my previous post.

If I used a vented cap, I think under acceleration fuel would spill out because the filler is in the rear behind the license plate. Mopars had the filler neck on the side of the tank, so this wouldn't be a problem, although it probably would under heavy lateral loads.

Mopar vented cap:

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 11-01-2018 at 07:53 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'm using a FRAM G6567 filter only because it was cheap and comes with a bracket... but a small K&N or cheap plastic fuel filter could be used easily as well, just to keep dirt and bugs out.

Do you feel the need to use a rollover valve in the vent line Andrew?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post

Do you feel the need to use a rollover valve in the vent line Andrew?
      Nope. In the event of a roll over, I'll be dead.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Andrew , I like your version but isn’t it also a “stinky “ version ?

Thanks guys for your input. I find that even at the age of 58 that I can still learn something every day.

I think Andrew's solution for your build here is your best option... and I think the high loop under the rear package shelf would effectively trap any smelly fuel vapors, allow them to condensate and return liquid fuel back to your tank.

Run it through a grommet to the area above the rear axle and terminate it with a filter or a charcoal canister if you find one you like... the early Mazda MX-5 charcoal canisters are small and readily available as well.

AND NOW... back to our regularly scheduled programing!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      Andrew , I like your version but isn’t it also a “stinky “ version ?

Thanks guys for your input. I find that even at the age of 58 that I can still learn something every day.
      It's all a degree of "stinkyness." It is definitely less stinky than my previous set-up. If you want even less stinky, then consider making your own version of the II Much vapor capture canisters. Use the Mopar parts for inspiration.

Use something like this to get started:

https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Insula...=stainless+jar

If you want the least amount of stink (almost none), then you need to do a vapor charcoal canister and and add a purge solenoid.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 11-01-2018 at 08:49 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I think Andrew's solution for your build here is your best option... and I think the high loop under the rear package shelf would effectively trap any smelly fuel vapors, allow them to condensate and return liquid fuel back to your tank.

Run it through a grommet to the area above the rear axle and terminate it with a filter or a charcoal canister if you find one you like... the early Mazda MX-5 charcoal canisters are small and readily available as well.

AND NOW... back to our regularly scheduled programing!
      I agree with you , this is the way to go . Thanks for your help .

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Junk yard. 2008ish Ford Fusion controllers. Same as C6. Should run you about $25USD.

I wouldn't stage them. Just keep it simple and run them together. You'll be able to control the airflow by fan speed. You can score the connectors with the controller. Just buy new terminals from Mouser.

You can split a single pwm- output into two controllers.
      Andrew
      Hey Andrew , thanks for the info . Two weeks ago I picked up a pair of 06 Fusion fan controllers at our local pick a part for $20 a piece (with connectors). This is something I can work with when the temps drop in the shop . You did give me you contact # so I'm sure I'll be in contact at some point ! lol

Hey Andrew , thanks for the info . Two weeks ago I picked up a pair of 06 Fusion fan controllers at our local pick a part for $20 a piece (with connectors). This is something I can work with when the temps drop in the shop . You did give me you contact # so I'm sure I'll be in contact at some point ! lol
      Those are the same as the C6 controllers. When you are ready, I will gladly help!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Since yall are discussing fan relays, I have a factory fan relay off of a 2007 ford edge, how do I know if its a SSR or even usable for my application? It drives dual fans factory so my setup is no different. Any ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-902-50...fan+controller
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Since yall are discussing fan relays, I have a factory fan relay off of a 2007 ford edge, how do I know if its a SSR or even usable for my application? It drives dual fans factory so my setup is no different. Any ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-902-50...fan+controller
      That to me looks like a pwm controller. Shoot me a PM so we don't hijack this build more...LOL

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Hey Andrew , I want to learn too ! lol

Mike

Hey Andrew , I want to learn too ! lol

Mike
      Ha! The controller for the Edge looks like a pwm controller. It's actually pretty cool because it actually has outputs for dual fans. I don't know for sure, but I bet it uses the same input parameters for the PWM signal as the C6 controller.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Another clean and simple option... an S10 charcoal canister vented through the bottom of the trunk:

http://roadstershop.com/galleries/19...&gid=1&pid=343
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Another clean and simple option... an S10 charcoal canister vented through the bottom of the trunk:

Thanks ,That would work but I have a feeling that they're going to run a line up front to the intake .

I've bent up a hard line to run up under the package tray and then down through the floor . There I will run it through a vapor canister .

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/151254766925....N41.S2.R1.TR1

Unfortunately, you're not going to fit any decent speaker into those kick panels. I had to do some rigging to get some decent Polk Audio shallow 6.5" speakers to fit.

Andrew
      Years ago MP products offered a kick panel that allowed me to get a nice 6.5" speaker upfront, worked well on my 68. I dont see them offered anymore, i'll have to sort out what im going to do on the 67.

http://www.mpproductsstore.com/cougarparts.html
      1967 Cougar XR7, DSE, Sbf, TKO600. PM me about wheel tool rental

I would be really curious to know exactly how they plumb that.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I would be really curious to know exactly how they plumb that.

Andrew
      From the other pictures I see that they've put the tank in the trunk . So it's just a matter of running a line up front .

Mike

Thanks for that Mazda canister link! I just ordered one to replace my Fram Fuel Filter G6567
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com