Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
      Oh, I like that solution for carpeting over subframe connectors!
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Oh, I like that solution for carpeting over subframe connectors!
      Thanks , unfortunately I can’t take credit for this solution. One of the guys on here came up with this idea a while back. Thanks again whoever you are ! lol

I just thought I'd give an update ...... nothing new , nothing notable anyways . I was hoping to have the seats and door panels recovered before summer but I don't know if it will happen . A little short on dollars at the moment , things haven't gone to plan this year so far . I've been thinking about selling my 88 S10 that I've had for years . 10 years ago I did the bodywork and had a local shop spray it the factory red. I also gave it the whole ridetech package. I want to start another project when the Cougar is done. If I keep the S10 , I'll probably do an LS swap , it currently has a warmed over 4.3. Anyhow, I do plan on insuring the Cougar and putting some miles on her anyway .

Name:  0178816282a15665bce8d13e25fa2818f5288c6207.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  234.4 KB

Country Flag: United States
      I like that. I'm building a red (currently) '89, LQ4 swapped truck now. Was also considering running soft8's. Good looking truck.

Mike, the car is looking great!
      I hadn't seen the latest progress, and I'm not sure if i had seen the finished grill.
      I really like how it turned out. First time I've noticed the flat top of the headlights, that explains your placement, and also the original look in the Challenger.

Hope you get to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyzee View Post
      Mike, the car is looking great!
      I hadn't seen the latest progress, and I'm not sure if i had seen the finished grill.
      I really like how it turned out. First time I've noticed the flat top of the headlights, that explains your placement, and also the original look in the Challenger.

Hope you get to drive it.
      Thanks ,
      The flat tops is what I like most about the Challenger headlights. I thought that they would look great and would work well with the Cougar , I really like the results.

Mini tubs for Cougar

Can you expand on the use of mini tubs for your Cougar? I haven't been able to locate wheel house replacements for my 67. Did you need to do extensive mods to make the mini tubs fit?

I PM'ed you with some info. I have a thread on Bangshift with my build , you may find more info there . https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...cougar-project

Sooooo , me being the one who can't leave things alone. I decided that the engine needed a splash of colour. I thought that I'd pull the rocker covers and give them a coat of red. Low and behold I find that the oil under these covers is a creamy dark tan colour. F**k , I don't like the look of this. So I drained the oil and pulled the filter. Many years ago I blew a head gasket in my S10 , sure enough the oil was a watery mess . The oil that I was crying into today looks totally different than the oily mess from years ago. The LQ9 that I have in the Cougar is a used piece that I picked up. I checked the bearings and replaced the head gaskets along with new head bolts. I thought oil and water didn't mix, looks like it did to me. I'm going to put a new filter and oil in this thing and run a few tests . Since I put this engine back together it's only been run for an hour at the most . Your thoughts please ....

.Name:  IMG_1038(Edited).jpg
Views: 939
Size:  56.8 KB

Can it just be condensation?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Is this a pic of the oil you drained? Or the inside surface of you valve cover? If it’s the oil I think you’ve got a problem. If it’s just the inside of your valve cover, it might be condensation, but is seems a little excessive. Do you have a PCV setup installed?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Can it just be condensation?
      That's what I'm hoping .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grease View Post
      Is this a pic of the oil you drained? Or the inside surface of you valve cover? If it’s the oil I think you’ve got a problem. If it’s just the inside of your valve cover, it might be condensation, but is seems a little excessive. Do you have a PCV setup installed?
      Drain pan , yes I do .

Did you pull the oil filter? Is it milky too? I’d pressure check the cooling system for peace of mind before I drove it much.

I pressure checked the system , all was good. I changed the oil and filter , brought it up to temp and checked the pressure again . Held steady pressure , no bubbles in the rad , oils clear and ran great . I'm putting it down to condensation .

Sounds like you got it under control. Probably just condensation.

To all of you south of the border , I'd like to wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July weekend . Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      To all of you south of the border , I'd like to wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July weekend . Cheers
      Thanks Mike! Are you driving your Cougar?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Thanks Mike! Are you driving your Cougar?
      You’re welcome buddy , very , very soon . I hope you and yours are well.

It's been awhile since I posted an update . I was planning on having a pro tackle the interior but I don't have the cash for that . I decided to take care of it myself. I bought some very nice quality vinyl online and got to work. I also made a center armrest and had a local interior guy sew up a cover for it. I cover the rear panels , pretty straight forward . I had to make new door cards for the front , the old one were warped. I'm also playing with the idea of making and installing Porsche 911 inspired door pulls . Here's some bits and pieces , I'll post up finished pics when they're done.Name:  IMG_1140.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  163.4 KBName:  IMG_1137.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  103.4 KBName:  IMG_1139.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  201.1 KBName:  IMG_1141.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  291.6 KBName:  IMG_1138.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  154.5 KB

You'll do a great job and save a pile of money!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com