Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
      Country Flag: Canada
      Read the post before yours

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boss_hoss View Post
      I've got one for ya. I've got a hard, short pedal. I'm running a right stuff detailing big brake kit. It has 13" rotors with mustang calipers in front and 11" gm style rear brakes. 1 1/8" master with dual diaphragm 9" booster. The brakes work but like I said the pedal is hard and short. The brake also won't lock up if I really stomp on it either. I completely replaced the booster and master with no improvement I suspect it could be the combo valve but the warning light on the dash hasn't come on. Any thoughts.
      My math says the master is too big. drop to 1" bore. IF - 80 lbs at the pedal, 6-1 ratio, 1.38% boost = 662 lbs input / .992 sqin = 667psi. (80lbs is a really hard push, and still leaves you under the '750' threshold) If you dropped to 1" that would be 843psi. or a 26% increase. appx 20% longer pedal travel and better feel.

I have Wilwood 6 piston front brakes. And for now will have stock drums in rear, I will replace soon. My question in can I run 3/16 brake line for the whole car. 1968 camaro, power brakes 9 inch dual dia booster, 1 inch bore master. Thanks.

Yes, 3/16" line will work.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thanks for quick reply. One more question. When it comes to brake line fittings. Can I connect a 3/16 line fitting into a 1/4 line splitter. As long as I match the thread. Thanks.

That depends on the splitter, tee, or union that you are dealing with. While you can use the proper threaded nut set up for a 3/16" line, and it will assemble like it should, the seat in the bottom of the fitting may not be small enough to get a proper seal. I would get a 1/4" inverted flare to 3/16" inverted flare adapter.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thanks OG_Racing. Can you tell me if I can successfully and safely gut an aftermarket proportioning valve like the MBM PV2? All I need is a distribution block (using a Wilwood adjustable prop valve) and found the PV2 a lot cheaper than a plain distribution block.

My brake pedal sits ~6" off the floor in my 69 Camaro and I would like to lower it as much as possible since I am 6'3" and it would improve driving comfort. What is the best way to do this to make sure I don't lose any braking ability. I have the Bear Pro+ 6 piston brakes on all four corners.

I have a question. So I just upgraded to a big brake kit by R1 concepts (they are local in California). 380mm rotor in front with an 8 piston aluminum forged calipers, and 356mm rotors in the back with 6 piston aluminum forged calipers and stainless steel brake lines. The brake lines are a little bit smaller in diameter than the OEM lines, I can't tell you exactly the diameter of them because I wasn't told. Brakes work great... if I push my pedal to the floor, when the car is off and I pump them a couple times they feel great (starts to get hard to push down about halfway to the floor). Same thing when car is on and in park, but the second I put it in reverse or drive I have to push all the way down (emphasis on all the way). I was told that my master cylinder should work fine with these brakes by the company, but I'm starting to think I need to get a better one. I want less pedal travel for braking. So what bore size master cylinder do I need? Or is it something else?

Question, I have Wilwood discs with hat style system on back of 68 Camaro. Looks like 2005 explorer e brake cable is right for brake end, but cable length is 15" too long and frame end is not correct. Who can you recommend to modify to shorten and replace frame end? Thx

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com