Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 72Z/28 View Post
      I have Bear's Performance Pro Street Axles.

Does that mean I should replace the entire rear brake kit with a floating caliper kit or I just need to get a floating caliper only?

I am tired of these aftermarket parts. I have the wilwood kit and have no way of telling what the offset is. I could not find the part number for it
      72Z/28,
      Believe me, I know how frustrating can be. When building racecars for your first time it's "here is all the parts you can buy, good luck figuring that out". I am unaware of any floating calipers that will bolt to a dialight bolt pattern. Try giving Wilwood a call, they might have something on the shelf that would work.

When PFC was designing the Ford Mustang big brake kit they had to keep the stock caliper in the rear. This Is because the axles would move in and out. A floating caliper was needed to deal with all the changing tolerances. On the front kit was a giant 4 piston mono block caliper, the rears had to have a stock caliper with an upgraded rotor.

that caliper itself that you are using has a .92" offsett. http://www.wilwood.com/Images/Calipe...lite-cm-lg.jpg
      Last edited by OG_Racing; 10-28-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG_Racing View Post
      72Z/28,
      Believe me, I know how frustrating can be. When building racecars for your first time it's "here is all the parts you can buy, good luck figuring that out". I am unaware of any floating calipers that will bolt to a dialight bolt pattern. Try giving Wilwood a call, they might have something on the shelf that would work.

When PFC was designing the Ford Mustang big brake kit they had to keep the stock caliper in the rear. This Is because the axles would move in and out. A floating caliper was needed to deal with all the changing tolerances. On the front kit was a giant 4 piston mono block caliper, the rears had to have a stock caliper with an upgraded rotor.

that caliper itself that you are using has a .92" offsett. http://www.wilwood.com/Images/Calipe...lite-cm-lg.jpg
      Hi again

This is just an update to my old post in regards to the passenger caliper outboard side rubbing against the rotor. So I went ahead and purchased the floating caliper kit from wilwood as per the housing ends dimensions(big ford new style end flange).
      Installed the driver side kit without issues. However, the passenger side has exactly a similar problem I had with the fixed type caliper kit. I have not driven the car but the outboard brake pad is badly sandwitched between the rotor and the caliper, making it difficult to rotate the rotor freely.

So basically the new kit did not solve the problem.

I have read in forums and stuff that ford 9" rear end axle shaft lengths are uneven due to pinion location. Passenger side length is different than driver side.
      Could the reason be that driver side axle shaft was installed by mistake on the passenger side causing more offset between the housing flange and axle flange?
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Can anyone please help me to resolve the issue of uneven axle offsets.
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com