Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      Another note, we installed Stage8 locking tab bolts on the left hand differential CV joint. I cleaned it AGAIN and even glass beaded the threads for more "tooth" for the loctite to grab. The Stage 8 bolts are nickel plated and so smooth i was worried the loctite wouldn't grip them well. Mary has run a year with them and they are staying tight. You need to use a very high quality 12point socket to torque them due to the small head size. I broke mine, bought a snap on replacement.

67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, I have a 67 and just picked up my AME IRS and wanted to ask if you have an pics of how you routed the exhaust? Did you go with 3inch all the way through?

Haven't done the exhaust yet on my 67. I mocked up some tail pipes in various routes trying to figure a way to do it. The right side has a bit more room, the left side is very tight.
      AME on their 1969 test car ran 2.5" pipes through the cradle, over the lower control arms & cradle support tube.
      Ill see if I can find my pics and post them.
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 09-18-2019 at 09:10 AM.

These are all 3" tube. I tried oval tube on the left side. Running oval tube 3" is close to making it. 2.5" oval would be easier to fit. The left side is the tough side. Name:  exhaust left.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  85.6 KBName:  exhaust right.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  94.2 KBName:  DSC_4276.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  260.0 KBName:  DSC_4278.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  292.3 KB
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 09-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.

This is the AME test car. 2.5" I believe. although looking at the photo, it looks smaller than 2.5". Name:  art-morrison-enterprises-multi-link-irs.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  274.5 KB
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 09-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.

I ran 2.5” under on mine. Tucks in pretty good and it looks good from behind.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Hi David - any updates on this project?
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Not much. I was working along on it, then the doctor found a large Basil Cell Carcinoma on my forehead. I had a chunk of my forehead skin removed about the diameter of a soda can top & had to have reconstructive surgery where they lifted a big chunk of my scalp and moved things around to cover the hole. My head had more stitches than a baseball. It worked out OK and all but I stopped working on the car and although I have gotten some other non-car projects done. I've not been very motivated to keep working on it. I WILL get back to it!

Mary and I started riding Motorcycles during COVID and it's been a huge distraction, but good for my state of mind, very relaxing. Our local autocross site closed and we have to tow 100 miles one way to race now. Mary sold her Camaro to a guy in San Jose, she wasn't running it and decided it was time to let it go. She has a 2009 Corvette ZO6 now.

Wow David that's quite an ordeal! I am glad you are (hopefully) recovering okay. That's a large graft to contend with and I imagine quite painful. I'm also sorry to hear you lost your local autocross site - that doesn't help much for motivation if you don't have a nearby playground. I can relate - we lost our local Camarillo site a few years ago and the 100+mile drive to the nearest sites is a disincentive. Your Camaro was on a great trajectory though. Is there anything we can do to help motivate you? Need a hand dusting off the project?

I’m all healed up & even got feeling back on my scalp & forehead. I was in surgery over four hours. No grafts, they cut my scalp side to side over the top & moved it around in a clever way, pulled my right forehead to the left to close the surgery site. hard to explain it… LOTS of stitches! But not much pain since a lot of nerves were cut. I’ll hopefully get back to working on my Camaro later this year. I’m thinking of running some track days at Laguna Seca with it since it’s closer & I can get a lot more seat time than Autocrossing.

Here’s a pic of my Motorcycle 2003 Honda ST1300
      Name:  3E2C8D16-D44A-4A17-9E85-5C1B42F28530.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  448.6 KB
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 03-20-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Laguna Seca will be a ton of fun in that car. I do hope you get up there. Maybe a day in Mary's 'vette would reignite interest on the Camaro. I find it hard to stay motivated on giant projects, but seeking reinvigoration & working down a list of essentials-only has gotten me back on the road a few times. Your motorcycle looks like a great cruiser. Stay safe out there and enjoy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com