Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: What gauges are you running?

Voters
    168. You may not vote on this poll
    • Speedhut

42 25.00%
    • Dakota Digital

45 26.79%
    • Autometer

59 35.12%
    • Classic Instruments

4 2.38%
    • VDO

3 1.79%
    • Misc

16 9.52%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by hotrod56 View Post
      Tincup:

Nice. Where did you get the carbon? What type and how thick is it?
      It's actually 1/4" thick aluminum with 3M carbon vinyl on top.

Love the Speedhut's!

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1505
Size:  111.8 KBName:  photo.JPG
Views: 1500
Size:  130.6 KB
      Jason

67' RS Camaro
      00' Z/28

I put the New Vintage 69 series gauges in a 70-78 Camaro covan bezel I textured. I also used the led's that came with the new vintage kit and relocated them in the panel for a stealth look

I installed my lens and wired up my led's. I basically cut up the lens from my new vintage kit for my install.

For the turn signals I drilled holes in the bezel and used nylon spacers to mount the led's from behind the arrow lens . I hot glued the lens first then the spacer...it's really bright lol

I wrapped tape around it to diffuse the light from lighting up the spacer

The lens actually has a texture face and blends in with the bezel when the led's aren't on...pretty low key

One thing I did notice was that my colors were reversed on the check engine and brake warning. I used the housing supplied by new vintage and the led's were already glued in. my kit came with a vertical lens and they sent me a horizontal lens free of charge so I guess there was a different layout between the two ....oh well it still looks pretty good. I since relocated the led's and the brake light is red and the check engine is amber now

My build thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241037

Paint Jail Experience

https://sites.google.com/site/paintjail/home

gauges

Just received my Speedhut gauges.
      I went back and fourth Btwn auto meter and Speedhut. The warranty and being able to pick your own lighting color made it a easy decision. Took about 3 weeks to get them.

Dakota Digital VHX series inside the original '67 bezel/cluster assy.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I guess now that I have my gauges I can add them to this thread, thought I think I voted Dakota Digital before, you can add Speedhut to my list.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I posted in here a while ago with the Speedhut gauges in my Torino. Here's a picture of the Speedhuts I put into the Chevelle. Fabricated a panel into the dash so the gauges are all Frenched in instead of a flat panel.

Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Intelletronix - Definitely not as cool as most of these on here but they work for my 6.0 swap. Also have 1/4 mile time, 0-60, etc. This is in a 67 Chevelle - Made a plexi backer molded in the oven to get everything to match up. Car is not on the road yet so can not report on how they work.

[/URL]

Country Flag: Canada
      dbl post

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      I guess now that I have my gauges I can add them to this thread, thought I think I voted Dakota Digital before, you can add Speedhut to my list.
      Great looking gauges josh. How did you get the Trans Am logo in there? I tried to go on their site but could not find that image. did you find it somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by R1N2L3R View Post
      Great looking gauges josh. How did you get the Trans Am logo in there? I tried to go on their site but could not find that image. did you find it somewhere else?
      Thanks, they look a lot better in person. It's hard to visualize with their online simulator, but they're definitely nice high-end pieces. As far as the logos, I asked them about that directly. They said due to copyright issues, they couldn't have these original emblems on their page, but they have a box to upload whatever logos you want. So I Google imaged this one, and placed it on with their builder. Pretty simple to do.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Got my panel cut, clear powder coated to protect the brushed finish and Speedhut gauges installed.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      I put Speedhut gauges in my Torino and I'm very happy with them. The ability to completely customize the gauges is pretty cool.

Attachment 102380

Here's what I plan on using for my Chevelle, I've started building the dash panel for them already

Attachment 102381
      Similar to my Speed Huts

I just wish Speed Hut offered a 5" speedo and tach....

Removed these AutoMeter Phantom gauges from the car.

I decided to use the 1969 series from New Vintage USA. Just need to get them wired up!

Roger

1967 Camaro, ZZ3/M20, work in progress.
      1957 F100, 4 wheel independent, 4 wheel disc, 32V 4.6, collecting parts.
      2001 Silverado, 11.59at 113 MagnaCharged L33.

I decided to go with a carbon fiber dash insert from Classic Dash. Still researching which gauges, but top of the list right now are the New Vision's pictured below (Photoshopped mock-up). I like the center spin gauges, and the blue detail... my '69 Camaro is LeMans Blue. Plus the gauges light up blue. Idiot lights have to be figured out, but worse case is the LED panel lights shown.

I think the dash insert and gauges will go nicely with my MOMO wheel, and my intention is to selectively use carbon fiber on the dash and restored OEM console to tie it all together. Got the insert last week, hope to decide on the gauges this week so I can get them installed soon.

Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Auto meter. - muscle
      1971 chevelle LSA 700hp -

Looks like SpeedHut is the only manufacturer that actually lets you design your own gauges. I might've considered Auto Meter but I'm not nuts about their fonts, they seem to be crammed. Originally my heart was set on a aluminum grey gauge face, and of course New Vision CFR only comes in black although they supposedly offer some custom work. I called, waiting for a call back.

Speed Hut let's you pick the face color, the font and tick color and style, the nighttime color, the pointer color, the center button. Their big gauges are a strange size, 4-1/4" hole bore. Classic dash uses a 4-1/2" bore size. Speed Huts gps speedo can also have the directional and hi-beam leds built in.

A little more research.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

in my 68 Camaro I have Autometer Ultra-Lite in a custom gauge pod mounted to a 2010 Camaro center ConsoleName:  68gauges.JPG
Views: 723
Size:  107.7 KB

1969 Cougar

Dakota Digital installed their VHX gauges in my 69 Cougar factory gauge panel. Great people to work with.

Name:  Cougar Guages Small 1.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  92.7 KBName:  Cougar Guages Small 2.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  110.0 KB

69 Cougar
      Schwartz Chassis
      5.0 Coyote
      T-56 Magnum 6 Speed
      Baer Brakes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com