Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      Very well done. I like the touches from the original 70's Trans Am like the milled trim panels and horn button. It is a very well integrated combination of old and new that fits well.

I also like the way you did the rear seat area. It is very tastefully done.

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedbill View Post
      Very well done. I like the touches from the original 70's Trans Am like the milled trim panels and horn button. It is a very well integrated combination of old and new that fits well.

I also like the way you did the rear seat area. It is very tastefully done.

Thank you. I'm pretty pleased overall. The headliner still needs to be installed and a few other interior details to finish but we're much closer now.

Haven't looked in on this one in a while.

Stock trans am interiors looked cool to me when I was a teenager, but yours looks cool for today's look. Definitely an improvement with some original.

Doug, looking really good!!!

How do you like the Year One door panels? I have heard mixed results on fit & finish without some real sweat equity to make them work.

How did you modify the dash to accept the double din radio?
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

I've had a few requests for the latest updates. We decided to go with a custom built multi port EFI system and chose the Holley HP controller and then spent quite a bit of time and $ to turn a Northwind manifold into a one of a kind EFI unit.

The manifold was taken off and sent to my friend Mark Luhn at Luhn Performance. He did the CNC magic on the manifold and you can see some of his work here in these photos.

Untitled by

Untitled by

Untitled by , on

Untitled by

Untitled by

Untitled by

Untitled by

Untitled by

Untitled by [/QUOTE]

The fuel injection required quite a bit of additional wiring to my custom built harness. I couldn't just leave it as is, since many wires were too long, so I cut, soldered and labeled every wire, installed techflex and labeled most of the groups as well. Here's the ECU mounted with a custom bracket.
      by

I set up two paths for power. One distribution unit is fed by a 100 Amp Solid State Relay and the other a 50 Amp Solid State Relay with Power Surge protection. I put all the computer stuff on the surge protected PDU and all the noisy stuff on the other.

Moved a few fuses for the windows, though most fuses are under the rear seat delete in the Ron Francis removable fuse box. You can barely see the ECU back behind all the relays now. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Throttle body installed
      [/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2a3N3Dx]

Custom cold air intake now complete with proper fit for the lower TB. This allows a full height air filter to fit properly.

Are you using that CRYDOM for PMW fan control? Anything special you had to do?

That intake is a work of art!

Looks great Doug!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com